PDA

View Full Version : Why Losman should start next year

FTG
01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
I am really tired of hearing how bad he will suck next year and how we will go 5-11 or 6-10 if JP starts. I don't expect him to be Ben Rothlesberger but why can't he progresses like Carsen Palmer?

Palmer really struggled early in the year. Some people were even starting to use the bust word. Yet by the end of the year he was really looking good and now Cinci fans really have something to look forward to next season.

If Cinci can go 8-8 with a QB learning on the job why can't we do that at the very least. Don't forget we have a much better defense than they do.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Can't argue with that :up: But I do want a better backup than Matthews in here

FTG
01-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Can't argue with that :up: But I do want a better backup than Matthews in here

I don't have a problem keeping Bledsoe to back up if he would be cool about it like Kitna was. I don't even care about the money. We only save 2 mill against the cap by cutting him.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't have a problem keeping Bledsoe to back up if he would be cool about it like Kitna was. I don't even care about the money. We only save 2 mill against the cap by cutting him.
Problem is Mr.Ego may not want to be a backup.

Anyone have a list of free agent QBs this season? The only one I can think of is Matt Hasselbeck but no way he's going to be a backup.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM

I think there might be too much controversy still existing if we were to keep Drew as the backup...not from the team or the players...I think Drew and JP have more class in their little pinkies than Flutie and RJ had in their entire bodies combined...but the fans would still have a problem with it, IMO.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 10:20 AM
I think there might be too much controversy still existing if we were to keep Drew as the backup...not from the team or the players...I think Drew and JP have more class in their little pinkies than Flutie and RJ had in their entire bodies combined...but the fans would still have a problem with it, IMO.

True dat... If Losman threw a pick people may start yelling for Bledsoe, vice versa.

We need a guy who is solid enough to be backup yet not quite good enough to start (ahem, whose name isn't Bledsoe)!
:rofl:

FTG
01-03-2005, 10:23 AM
True dat... If Losman threw a pick people may start yelling for Bledsoe, vice versa.

We need a guy who is solid enough to be backup yet not quite good enough to start (ahem, whose name isn't Bledsoe)!
:rofl:

Jay Feidler? :ontome:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 10:24 AM

That's sick :ill: Repent heathen for the end is near!! :D

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 10:27 AM

As a backup he may be viable.

However since he was a Dolphin, he is thus eliminated from contention.
:chuckle:

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 11:04 AM
It will cost the Bills $666,666 to cut him before 6/1...after that there would be a savings of $3.3 million

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:16 AM
With our D, running game, and some added peices to the O-line, i think losman could be successful as the QB. All he has to do is hand off to WM, and throw some short passes. Thats how the Pats won their first SB, and pretty much what Pitt has done with Big Ben (although as of late, he has been going down the field more because he is more comfortable) Hell Baltimore almost made the playoffs with Kyle Boller. KYLE BOLLER. I know JP is better than that POS.

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Problem is Mr.Ego may not want to be a backup.

Come on, Mr Ego? You can say alot about Drew, but the last thing you can say is that he has a big ego.Would you want to stay in a company where you get demoted?

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Come on, Mr Ego? You can say alot about Drew, but the last thing you can say is that he has a big ego.Would you want to stay in a company where you get demoted?
good point...some can handle it...I think DB's contract is set up nicely that if he were a true team player he could handle the move to the bench. He won't get that much money from another team.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 11:37 AM

I agree but, as in your example, if I wouldn't want to stay in the company would be due to ego. If I was incapable of performing in the job, then I should be taken out of it. Hell, I'd probably be happy to not be laid off since most companies tend to lay off more than they demote...

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:49 AM
I agree but, as in your example, if I wouldn't want to stay in the company would be due to ego. If I was incapable of performing in the job, then I should be taken out of it. Hell, I'd probably be happy to not be laid off since most companies tend to lay off more than they demote...

agreed, we all have an ego. I just dont think Bledsoes is Big.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 11:50 AM
agreed, we all have an ego. I just dont think Bledsoes is Big.

Fair enough.

ScottLawrence
01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I am really tired of hearing how bad he will suck next year and how we will go 5-11 or 6-10 if JP starts. I don't expect him to be Ben Rothlesberger but why can't he progresses like Carsen Palmer?

Palmer really struggled early in the year. Some people were even starting to use the bust word. Yet by the end of the year he was really looking good and now Cinci fans really have something to look forward to next season.

If Cinci can go 8-8 with a QB learning on the job why can't we do that at the very least. Don't forget we have a much better defense than they do.

I actually thought he looked good from the beginning......I watched him throw some nice passes against the Jets on opening day and, if you think about it, he didn't do much less then what Bledsoe did for us this year.

StillLurkin
01-03-2005, 02:00 PM
IMO Drew is a class individual. It's very sad to see it come to this, but the time has come. If it were my call, I'd say this is now JP's team.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Drew has class but he needs to go. We need a clean start next year without any hangovers, baggage, controversy, bruised egos, second guessing, etc. We just need a capable backup vet for $1-2M for insurance purposes. It's time to see what JP can do. :up:

cordog
01-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Drew has class but he needs to go. We need a clean start next year without any hangovers, baggage, controversy, bruised egos, second guessing, etc. We just need a capable backup vet for $1-2M for insurance purposes. It's time to see what JP can do. :up:

Cut ties before it gets really messy. Next year if this team or Drew struggles the calls for JP will only get louder and louder.

Bill Brasky
01-03-2005, 02:36 PM

He will progress as a starter, but I don't think you can throw him as the starter from day one. I think we need to ease this guy into the system so he can learn it effectively, then track his progression, and name him the starter eventually next year if he warrants the chance (which I hope he will)... we have to get this guy going, esp. after sitting out this year.

cordog
01-03-2005, 02:38 PM
He will progress as a starter, but I don't think you can throw him as the starter from day one. I think we need to ease this guy into the system so he can learn it effectively, then track his progression, and name him the starter eventually next year if he warrants the chance (which I hope he will)... we have to get this guy going, esp. after sitting out this year.

All i have to say is Kyle Boller, Jake Delhomme, Big Ben, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, M. Vick.

Bill Brasky
01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
All i have to say is Kyle Boller, Jake Delhomme, Big Ben, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, M. Vick.

3 of those guys couldn't take their teams to the playoffs this year... and Vick is overrated as a QB.

cordog
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
3 of those guys couldn't take their teams to the playoffs this year... and Vick is overrated as a QB.

I believe Boller and the Ravens finished ahead of us, Palmer and the Bungles finished 1 GAME below us, Delhomme has lead his team into a Super Bowl and played his heart out, and if it werent for a ****load of injuries would probably be getting there again this year. And w/ Vick you just proved my point. He is overrated as a QB, just proves that you dont need a great stat line to be effective.