• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Potential Cap Savings 2005

The Bills will go into the offseason about $8 mil under the cap.

Here is a list of guys that MIGHT see the axe fall and what the savings would be...there are a few others that could result in savings but players like Spikes, Adams and the like aren't going anywhere.

From the looks of it I see the Bills redoing Moulds contract to make it more cap friendly...There is no way I would bring back Prioleau or Lindell...that would free up $2 mil. Since it would cost the team to cut Bledsoe, the betting here is that Bledsoe is back next year. I would not shed a tear if Denney and Reed were cut but they are cheap enough to keep.
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 02-08-2007, 01:22 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

shouldn't this been in the salary cap zone?
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
      eventually...just want to get people to start focusing...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Why is Sam Adams even considered when there is a very good chance of losing pat Williams?

Most of those players shouldn't even be mentioned as "cap casualties"

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          From the looks of it I see the Bills redoing Moulds contract to make it more cap friendly...There is no way I would bring back Prioleau or Lindell...that would free up $2 mil. Since it would cost the team to cut Bledsoe, the betting here is that Bledsoe is back next year. I would not shed a tear if Denney and Reed were cut but they are cheap enough to keep.
          Denney has shown more ability this year than last; I do not know if it is scheme, coaching or player just getting better. Reed has been a disappointment.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

What is wrong with this here, it is a good post.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              Why is Sam Adams even considered when there is a very good chance of losing pat Williams?

Most of those players shouldn't even be mentioned as "cap casualties"
              he's not...this is a simple list of guys (note: not complete) that if cut would save the team money...

I don't see any of them going but Lindell and Prioleau.

Comment

• cordog
                eat, drink, and be merry
                • Apr 2003

so Eb, you think the Bills will keep Bledsoe on? If they cut it would only cost them less than a mill though.

Comment

• redeye5
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                  How is Kelly Clarkson in your "TOP 20 Babe List???" she is awful and not good looking at all....
                  Current Ralph Wilson Stadium Weather Click Below
                  IF YOU PLAY TENNIS AND YOUR NAME ENDS WITH A "ova" YOU ARE HOT!!!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

he's not...this is a simple list of guys (note: not complete) that if cut would save the team money...

I don't see any of them going but Lindell and Prioleau.

I would only post those players who could really be let go then

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Cutting Drew after 6/1 would save us 3.3 mil?
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                        so Eb, you think the Bills will keep Bledsoe on? If they cut it would only cost them less than a mill though.
                        Even though they will start with $8 mil they have to tender their RFA, EFA and draft some rookies...they will need to do something about the LT and RG positions and resigning Pat Williams is a must (imo). I don't see them spending money to cut DB and then signing somebody of some quality to come in for DB...they will need every dollar they have.

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        I would only post those players who could really be let go then
                        I post the info so folks can ponder and discuss...maybe somebody wants Adams or Moulds gone.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                          Cutting Drew after 6/1 would save us 3.3 mil?
                          yes....that is his base salary for 2005...however, if cut after 6/1/05 that would leave $3.966mil as dead cap in 2006 (an actual savings of $4.3 mil in 2006...)

Cutting DB before 6/1 will cost $666,666 in 2005 but will save $8.3 mil in 2006.

Comment

• clumping platelets

We also need to worry about the cap adjustment and salary escalators

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

Even though they will start with $8 mil they have to tender their RFA, EFA and draft some rookies...they will need to do something about the LT and RG positions and resigning Pat Williams is a must (imo). I don't see them spending money to cut DB and then signing somebody of some quality to come in for DB...they will need every dollar they have.

Has an increase to the cap been announced yet? And if not, how much do you think it will be?

Comment

Working...
                              X