PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many assuming Losman can't do this

FTG
01-03-2005, 02:21 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Player</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Comp</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Comp %</TD><TD>Yds/Att</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>TD %</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>INT %</TD><TD>Long</TD><TD>Sack/Lost</TD><TD>Rating</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Drew Bledsoe (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1041)</TD><TD>450</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>2932</TD><TD>56.9</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>3.6</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>37/215</TD><TD>76.6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The way people are talking you'd think the kids will cost us every game.

FTG
01-03-2005, 02:25 PM
With our defense and Willis McGahee we should be able to compete for the playoffs if he can just put up Kyle Boller #'s.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Player</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Comp</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Comp %</TD><TD>Yds/Att</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>TD %</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>INT %</TD><TD>Long</TD><TD>Sack/Lost</TD><TD>Rating</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Kyle Boller (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396152)</TD><TD>464</TD><TD>258</TD><TD>2559</TD><TD>55.6</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>2.8</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>35/247</TD><TD>70.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cordog
01-03-2005, 02:27 PM
With our defense and Willis McGahee we should be able to compete for the playoffs if he can just put up Kyle Boller #'s.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Player</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Comp</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Comp %</TD><TD>Yds/Att</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>TD %</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>INT %</TD><TD>Long</TD><TD>Sack/Lost</TD><TD>Rating</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Kyle Boller (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396152)</TD><TD>464</TD><TD>258</TD><TD>2559</TD><TD>55.6</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>2.8</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>35/247</TD><TD>70.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I said that earlier. Kyle Boller almost got the Ravens in the playoffs. Boller sucks, i think Losman is better than Boller by a long shot

justasportsfan
01-03-2005, 02:30 PM
The only thing JP doesn't have that Drew has is experience. Don't even give me that Drew is the best chance we have to win. If that's so, this is a pathetic organization that relies on a qb who after all this years needs a clock to learn hjow to get rid of the ball early and can't even do it right.

Drew has an arm, so does JP.

JP can run and move in the pocket, Drew cannot. Moving in the pocket gives our wr's time to get open beyond 10 yds. JP can throw on the run Drew is the worse on the run.

JP has youth, Drew does not.

JP is the future Drew is not.

Drew can be a caretaker so can JP and Jp doesn't cost much Drew does.

FTG
01-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I said that earlier. Kyle Boller almost got the Ravens in the playoffs. Boller sucks, i think Losman is better than Boller by a long shot

:up: So many are talking like it would be a wasted year if Losman starts. I don't understand the thinking

FTG
01-03-2005, 02:34 PM
The only thing JP doesn't have that Drew has is experience. .

And what good is that experience doing him. He still holds the ball way to long. He still locks onto recievers. He still makes throws that I would expect to see from a rookie.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 02:38 PM
The way people are talking you'd think the kids will cost us every game.

The way you talk you'd think DB cost us all 7 loses this year and every loss since he put on a Bills uni.

FTG
01-03-2005, 02:40 PM
The way you talk you'd think DB cost us all 7 loses this year and every loss since he put on a Bills uni.

He was a major contributer in most of them

justasportsfan
01-03-2005, 02:47 PM
The way you talk you'd think DB cost us all 7 loses this year and every loss since he put on a Bills uni.Nope, we ***** because he hasn't played close to what we're paying him and his ability or lack of it prevents us from moving forward.

Drew isn't the main reason we win but he's been a huge negative factor when we lose to good teams. Balt, NE and Pitts.

Why is it so hard for you guys to see that Drew screws up all the time against good teams?

Although the Ol is partly to blame, I'm pretty sure w/ JP in there this OL will look so much better. Remember Flutie and Rob?

Ebenezer
He was a major contributer in most of them
As were many others on the team...you act as if DB single handedly lost every game...he didn't single handedly lose any game this season.

cordog
As were many others on the team...you act as if DB single handedly lost every game...he didn't single handedly lose any game this season.

:clap:

helmetguy
01-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Sure he did. Didn't you see him fumble that punt return? Or miss four tackles on that 59 yard run? The topper, though, had to be when he let Randel-El catch four passes and convert four third downs.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Sure he did. Didn't you see him fumble that punt return? Or miss four tackles on that 59 yard run? The topper, though, had to be when he let Randel-El catch four passes and convert four third downs.
Damn, I missed those plays...I must have still been pissed about the illegal crack back block and the offensive pass interference penalties he committed.

FTG
01-03-2005, 03:09 PM

:liar:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
:liar:
deny it all you want...but that's the impression you give when the vast majority of yoir football-related posts are dedicated to Drew :idunno:

helmetguy
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Damn, I missed those plays...I must have still been pissed about the illegal crack back block and the offensive pass interference penalties he committed.
I was going to mention those, but I didn't want to be accused of piling on...

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Nope, we ***** because he hasn't played close to what we're paying him and his ability or lack of it prevents us from moving forward.

Drew isn't the main reason we win but he's been a huge negative factor when we lose to good teams. Balt, NE and Pitts.

Why is it so hard for you guys to see that Drew screws up all the time against good teams?

Although the Ol is partly to blame, I'm pretty sure w/ JP in there this OL will look so much better. Remember Flutie and Rob?:bf1:

Great post.

buffalofan19
01-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Nope, we ***** because he hasn't played close to what we're paying him and his ability or lack of it prevents us from moving forward.

Although the Ol is partly to blame, I'm pretty sure w/ JP in there this OL will look so much better. Remember Flutie and Rob?
I agree except that there will be some major growing pains with Losman in at QB. If he starts, which may not be a bad idea, the Bills will end up at best case scenario with a Carson Palmer type year. Struggle early, then pick it up, but it will be too late to get into the playoffs, and that is the problem I have. The pieces are in place now for a playoff team, except for QB if you want to look at it that way (I, for one, am very hesitant to lay all the blame on Bledsoe, but would not mind seeing an upgrade, provided the new guy is GUARANTEED to be an upgrade. Losman is by no means a guarantee). The members of this great defense the Bills have will not stay together very long whether it be retirement or free agency. Anything less than playoffs in the 2005 season is utterly unacceptable, in my mind and I am therefore not sure if starting Losman will be the right move. THe only thing I can see is picking up someone else through trade or Free Agency. I would love to have Brees, but the Bills could not afford to take the cap hit of cutting Drew Bledsoe AND sign Drew Brees.

Back to Losman, I still feel he needs alot of work. For one thing he still has not gotten rid of some bad habits, especially trying to lower his head into defenders while running. He did that in the preseason and practice, and it resulted in him getting injured (Troy Vincent). So what does he do when he gets back? He runs and STILL tries to lower his head into defenders (Cleveland game). Some will say this is swagger, but it is really stupidity, and he will not last long health wise because defenses will be willing to tee off on him, and he does not seem very durable to bwegin with. Also his showing in the New England game bothers me. Yes, I realize he was thrown in with little or no preparation, but that INT he threw was beyond that, it was common sense. He practically HANDED the guy the ball. I think I would venture to say that I have more presence of mind than that. I am not trying to say Losman will not be good, but he will not be good enough to get this team to the playoffs yet, he still needs more work. I still think Drew Bledsoe is a better option than he is, which is why I think the Bills shoul stick with him or bring someone else in, if they can afford it.

I don't see the latter happening, due to the cap situation, which is why I am willing to bet Donahoe keeps Bledsoe around, and that Bledsoe is still the starter next year. I am not sure that I necessarily agree with that move, but what I or anyone else think SHOULD happen and what WILL happen are often two completely different things.

FTG
01-03-2005, 03:20 PM
deny it all you want...but that's the impression you give when the vast majority of yoir football-related posts are dedicated to Drew :idunno:

Whatever Phil :rolleyes: I concentrate on what I see as the weekest link. Thats why Drew gets the brunt of my critisizm.

Yesterday after the game:

I ripped the defense for quitting yesterday after the missed FG

I ripped Lindell

I ripped Mularkey for not having this team prepared and poor playcalling

I ripped the special teams for not showing up.

I rip

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree except that there will be some major growing pains with Losman in at QB. If he starts, which may not be a bad idea, the Bills will end up at best case scenario with a Carson Palmer type year. Struggle early, then pick it up, but it will be too late to get into the playoffs, and that is the problem I have. The pieces are in place now for a playoff team, except for QB if you want to look at it that way (I, for one, am very hesitant to lay all the blame on Bledsoe, but would not mind seeing an upgrade, provided the new guy is GUARANTEED to be an upgrade. Losman is by no means a guarantee). The members of this great defense the Bills have will not stay together very long whether it be retirement or free agency. Anything less than playoffs in the 2005 season is utterly unacceptable, in my mind and I am therefore not sure if starting Losman will be the right move. THe only thing I can see is picking up someone else through trade or Free Agency. I would love to have Brees, but the Bills could not afford to take the cap hit of cutting Drew Bledsoe AND sign Drew Brees.

Back to Losman, I still feel he needs alot of work. For one thing he still has not gotten rid of some bad habits, especially trying to lower his head into defenders while running. He did that in the preseason and practice, and it resulted in him getting injured (Troy Vincent). So what does he do when he gets back? He runs and STILL tries to lower his head into defenders (Cleveland game). Some will say this is swagger, but it is really stupidity, and he will not last long health wise because defenses will be willing to tee off on him, and he does not seem very durable to bwegin with. Also his showing in the New England game bothers me. Yes, I realize he was thrown in with little or no preparation, but that INT he threw was beyond that, it was common sense. He practically HANDED the guy the ball. I think I would venture to say that I have more presence of mind than that. I am not trying to say Losman will not be good, but he will not be good enough to get this team to the playoffs yet, he still needs more work. I still think Drew Bledsoe is a better option than he is, which is why I think the Bills shoul stick with him or bring someone else in, if they can afford it.

I don't see the latter happening, due to the cap situation, which is why I am willing to bet Donahoe keeps Bledsoe around, and that Bledsoe is still the starter next year. I am not sure that I necessarily agree with that move, but what I or anyone else think SHOULD happen and what WILL happen are often two completely different things.
I think that is the thoughts of the majority of us...there is no plan B...you got Bledsoe or you got Losman...if you want to take advantage of this defense and bring in a quality QB you push back Losman even more (who will come in for one year). The winning streak at the end of the season was good for the team might have been terrible for the QB position...especially since we missed the playoffs.

Michael82
01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
How about the 9 minute drive that Drew Bledsoe allowed the Steelers offense to run? Or the 4th and 1 that he let Brian St. Pierre to convert? Or how about when Bledsoe single handedly missed the chip shot 28 yard field goal? Or how about the 12 penalties for 108 yards that Bledsoe had?

justasportsfan
01-03-2005, 03:32 PM

yup, clements fumbled the ball but he sure redeemed himself by causing a fumble and int for a TD.

What did Drew do to redeem himself? Nothing.

FTG
01-03-2005, 03:32 PM
How about the 9 minute drive that Drew Bledsoe allowed the Steelers offense to run? Or the 4th and 1 that he let Brian St. Pierre to convert? Or how about when Bledsoe single handedly missed the chip shot 28 yard field goal? Or how about the 12 penalties for 108 yards that Bledsoe had?

all those have been *****ed about.........especially Lindell. You guys just ignore that because it does not fit your "you guys blame everything on Bledsoe" arguement

FTG
01-03-2005, 03:33 PM
ypu, clements fumbled the ball but he sure redeemed himself by casing a fumble and int for a TD.

What did Drew do to redeem himself? Nothing.

pos rep :up:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
all those have been *****ed about.........especially Lindell. You guys just ignore that because it does not fit your "you guys blame everything on Bledsoe" arguement
No...we ignore it because you're obsessed. 50 posts on Drew, 1 post on the rest of the team, it seems like

justasportsfan
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
How about the 9 minute drive that Drew Bledsoe allowed the Steelers offense to run? Or the 4th and 1 that he let Brian St. Pierre to convert? Or how about when Bledsoe single handedly missed the chip shot 28 yard field goal? Or how about the 12 penalties for 108 yards that Bledsoe had? Flipflop.

I was right about Rob Johnson and I am right about Drew too. :D.

helmetguy
01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Now you're nit-picking. He never had to kick from that angle before.

FTG
01-03-2005, 03:37 PM
No...we ignore it because you're obsessed. 50 posts on Drew, 1 post on the rest of the team, it seems like

OH well. At least you admit you ignore it. Now we know you are :liar: when you say we blame everything on Bledsoe

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:39 PM
OH well. At least you admit you ignore it. Now we know you are :liar: when you say we blame everything on Bledsoe
I've only been trying to say it seems like you blame everything on Bledsoe. I've met you and talked to you about this via PM before. I know where you stand...but the perception you put on the boards is something else entirely.

ScottLawrence
01-03-2005, 03:41 PM
And, still after three straight seasons of nothing.

People manage to stick up for the guy and actually want him back. :doh:

Look NO player can lose a game single handily but, Bledsoe's fumble and bad throws from time to time were the determining factor in the loss.

Im happy I didn't count how many balls could've been picked off yesterday because, there were MUCH more then 1.

I'll take the unknown in Losman over the known in Bledsoe.

If Bledsoe can't handle the pressure against good teams, why keep him around this great cast of players we have?

FTG
01-03-2005, 03:42 PM
I've only been trying to say it seems like you blame everything on Bledsoe. I've met you and talked to you about this via PM before. I know where you stand...but the perception you put on the boards is something else entirely.

IMO he's the weakest link. When I fix something I start with the biggest problem first and go from there.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:43 PM
And, still after three straight seasons of nothing.

People manage to stick up for the guy.
:liar2: Try reading the posts you're commenting about, please. No one is defending Drew's play...but it's idiotic to blame everything on one player

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:43 PM
He also should not have substituted Shaud Williams for WM on that 3rd and 1...

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
IMO he's the weakest link. When I fix something I start with the biggest problem first and go from there.
Nothing wrong with that at all....and I agree with your philosophy on that...but save a little venom for the other guys screwing up, too :laughter:

ScottLawrence
01-03-2005, 03:46 PM
:liar2: Try reading the posts you're commenting about, please. No one is defending Drew's play...but it's idiotic to blame everything on one player

Nah.

People are backing him...They may not be typing it but, I can tell. :bighug:

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Poppycock. Even if he's NEVER kicked at that angle during a game,you mean to tell me Lindell doesn't practice kicking field goals at different angles?

I think I am going to change the moniker from DrewLove Crew to the Excuse Police.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Nah.

People are backing him...They may not be typing it but, I can tell. :bighug:
If we weren't attacking the posts that seem to blame it all on Drew, there'd be a lot less sniping going back and forth today....I think we'd all agree that Drew had more than his share of problems yesterday and none of us would shed a tear if he were gone next year.

helmetguy
01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all....and I agree with your philosophy on that...but save a little venom for the other guys screwing up, too :laughter:
Who else screws up? What game were YOU watching yesterday?

buffalofan19
01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I think that is the thoughts of the majority of us...there is no plan B...you got Bledsoe or you got Losman...if you want to take advantage of this defense and bring in a quality QB you push back Losman even more (who will come in for one year). The winning streak at the end of the season was good for the team might have been terrible for the QB position...especially since we missed the playoffs.
I agree, it's a tough decision to make. But this team has been out of the playoffs too long for yet another rebuilding year, which is what you will have with Losman at QB. I'm not knocking him, it's just that he is like any other rookie/ inexperienced QB (and please, Ben Roethlisberger is a very rare exception to this rule. THis will never happen again for a long time if ever). This franchise needs to get into the playoffs in 2005 for its own sake or it will lose fans, regardless as to whether it's Bledsoe or Losman at QB. The fan base is the ONLY thing that keeps the franchise in Buffalo and it will not keep being so supportive for too much longer.

On another note, I think the O-line still needs to improve, regardless of who is at QB. I still think Bledsoe can perform with a very good o-line, but, even if he is not the starter, Losman, assuming he reaches maximum potential, can only do so much behind a unit like this, which is mediocre at best. If Jonas Jennings leaves, I think this team will be hurt more than I originally thought.

helmetguy
01-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Poppycock. Even if he's NEVER kicked at that angle during a game,you mean to tell me Lindell doesn't practice kicking field goals at different angles?

I think I am going to change the moniker from DrewLove Crew to the Excuse Police.
Who was talking about Lindell?

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:52 PM
:spit: I think he missed that you were being a smartass :laughter:

cordog
01-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Wow, is the sarcasm button turned on?

Ebenezer
On another note, I think the O-line still needs to improve, regardless of who is at QB. I still think Bledsoe can perform with a very good o-line, but, even if he is not the starter, Losman, assuming he reaches maximum potential, can only do so much behind a unit like this, which is mediocre at best. If Jonas Jennings leaves, I think this team will be hurt more than I originally thought.

Thanks! Throwing JP to the wolves with a weak LT is a recipe for disaster.

ScottLawrence

If we want to take advantage of this defense we have now, why start Bledsoe?

Hes already proven time and time again he will struggle against the better teams/defense's in the league.

Iehoshua

Missed? I never miss anything!

:ontome:

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:55 PM
to know Helmet is to love him!

helmetguy
01-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Who's being a smartass? I'm dead serious. Eb nailed it earlier, then Mikey piled on. I'm surprised neither of those guys mentioned how Drew didn't get the ball set down just right, either.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Who's being a smartass? I'm dead serious. Eb nailed it earlier, then Mikey piled on. I'm surprised neither of those guys mentioned how Drew didn't get the ball set down just right, either.
:roflmao:

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow, is the sarcasm button turned on?
It is now!

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 04:02 PM
It is now!
:roflmao: Took you long enough to turn it on :;

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 04:08 PM
:roflmao: Took you long enough to turn it on :;

Oh well... Never claimed to be the fastest draw in the West! :tip:

Don't worry, I think DrewLove Crew has a better ring to it. Excuse Police is too ordinary... You guys don't have to change the business cards!
:up: