PDA

View Full Version : Starting RG

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 08:55 AM
In this corner, weighing in at 323 pounds, the vet...Jerry O

And in this corner, weighing in at 320 pounds, the up and comer...Marquise Sullivan

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 08:58 AM
IMO Sullivan will win, just because Ostroski being the 6th man is a great role due to his versatility.

WG
08-01-2002, 09:15 AM
I'd vote for either. If Sullivan is that good, he'd be the starter by the end of the year anyway.

If I were Os, I'd be happy just to play a few more years on the Bills as a backup. He should accept a contract restructuring after this year and just have fun. OL-men are always getting hurt so he'll get plenty of playing time and the fans love him.

I'd guess that Sullivan would start however. It'd be kind of tough to play poorly between Big Mike and either Conaty or Teague.

The_Philster
08-01-2002, 09:23 AM
JerryO will start this year but, if Sullivan is that good, he could be taking over midseason

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Sullivan will be given every chance.
Jennings may end up there. Maybe.

Kicker22705
08-01-2002, 10:59 AM
what happened to Corey Husley. I thought he was decent last year filling in for Ostroski.

Captain gameboy
08-01-2002, 11:22 AM
I don't think it matters right now who starts. With five starting interior O'linemen, one (probably two), is bound to go down early. I'm just glad we don't have the same depth problem as last year. I honestly believe that because of injuries, the line we started in the opener last year was the worst the Bills have put out. O'ski would be a reliable backup, and if that's the way it turns out, so be it. I do know on thing, GW will be very attentive to the health of his O line. It cost him dearly last year.

standingbuffalo43
08-01-2002, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see MS win the job... think of the youth the OL would have... (MW, JJ, MS) those guys could be fantastic... can you imagine rueben pulling and leading Travis through the hole behind MS & MW...

scary...

plus, that keep JO from having to deal with a season of pounding...if someone gets hurt, JO is able to step in w/o the line losing any continuity...

i wont lose any sleep if JO is the starter, either...Id just like to see those young three OL brothas grow up together & gel into a dominating OL...

TigerJ
08-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Buffalo had youth on the O-line a year ago when Fina and Ostroski were out and they were terrible. I think having the experience of Ostroski and Brown mixed in youth at tackle and Teague needing to adjust to center will be an important factor in helping the line to gel. Next year, with Williams having a year under his belt, Teague having made the adjustment, and Jonas Jennings a seasoned young veteran, adding more youth will not hurt the team. I've seen film clips of Ostroski involved in teaching other linemen in this training camp. I'm sure Ruben Brown does the same. I'm also certain that when they play games there will be a lot of on field coaching from those two veterans.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Kicker22705
what happened to Corey Husley. I thought he was decent last year filling in for Ostroski.

he'll be looking somewhere else to play.