PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate for the Defense?????

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:07 PM
OK...............they SUCKED after Lindell missed his FG. All you defense haters forget
1. Thier turnover set us up at midfield for our first TD
2. Another TO set us up in Pitt territory and the O could not even get a FG
3. They scored a TD on another TO
4. They held Pitt to FG after 2 O turnovers in our own territory.

Shame on them for not being perfect yesterday.

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Who the hell hates the D? No one. People are just pointing out that they came up empty once again in a big game like the Jags, Jets, NE and Pitt.

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:12 PM
OK...............they SUCKED after Lindell missed his FG. All you defense haters forget
1. Thier turnover set us up at midfield for our first TD
2. Another TO set us up in Pitt territory and the O could not even get a FG
3. They scored a TD on another TO
4. They held Pitt to FG after 2 O turnovers in our own territory.

Shame on them for not being perfect yesterday.

1. Randel El killed us and hes not even a starter.
2. Willie Parker-102 yds. 4th Stringer. Nuff said.
3. When the chips were on the table, our D could not stop Brian St. Pierre and Willie Parker.

Let me say that again.
BRIAN ST. PIERRE and WILLIE PARKER

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Who the hell hates the D? No one. People are just pointing out that they came up empty once again in a big game like the Jags, Jets, NE and Pitt.
I'm not the one who started the policy of labling poor play critisizm as hate around here

I hardly consider what they did yesterday comming up empty. They should have stopped that long drive but if they had not been making plays early that drive would not have mattered.

Michael82
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
1. Randel El killed us and hes not even a starter.
2. Willie Parker-102 yds. 4th Stringer. Nuff said.
3. When the chips were on the table, our D could not stop Brian St. Pierre and Willie Parker.

Let me say that again.
BRIAN ST. PIERRE and WILLIE PARKER
Good post! :bf1:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
People labeled as haters are obsessive towards one player. There are plenty of guys who are overly critical of one player who aren't labeled as haters because they can post concerning other areas of the team as well.

FTG
Good post! :bf1:

So they should be perfect and the offense should do nothing?

The_Philster
You know he's not saying that :shakeno:

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:17 PM

No, look all 53 players are to blame for yesterday. D sucked, O sucked, ST sucked. THEY ALL SUCKED. Not just Bledsoe, everyone.

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey Mikey...................lets say you are at work and you had to keep covering for another guy who kept ****** up and not doing his job. Think you might get a little tired after awhile and not be as good at your job because your trying to cover up for the other guy?

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Mikey...................lets say you are at work and you had to keep covering for another guy who kept ****** up and not doing his job. Think you might get a little tired after awhile and not be as good at your job because your trying to cover up for the other guy?

When someone is struggling do you not help them or do you just let them struggle?

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:20 PM
No, look all 53 players are to blame for yesterday. D sucked, O sucked, ST sucked. THEY ALL SUCKED. Not just Bledsoe, everyone.

Defense kept us in the game through 3 quarters. They sucked in the 4th.

BTW..............this thread is blaming the entire offense..........not just Bledsoe.

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Defense kept us in the game through 3 quarters. They sucked in the 4th.

BTW..............this thread is blaming the entire offense..........not just Bledsoe.

Last time i checked there were 60 minutes in the game. THIS WHOLE TEAM SUCKED!

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:22 PM
When someone is struggling do you not help them or do you just let them struggle?

I help them. I think the Defense SCORING a TD is helping the offense. I think the Defense holding Pitt to FG's after the O turned the ball over in Buffalo territory helping the offense. I think the defense setting the offense up in Pitt territory TWICE is helping the offense.

When does the offense start helping the defense?

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Last time i checked there were 60 minutes in the game. THIS WHOLE TEAM SUCKED!

D played well enough to win. They gave up 1 bad drive. Do you honestly think our offense would have scored twice if the D had forced a 3 and out to start the long drive?

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
I help them. I think the Defense SCORING a TD is helping the offense. I think the Defense holding Pitt to FG's after the O turned the ball over in Buffalo territory helping the offense. I think the defense setting the offense up in Pitt territory TWICE is helping the offense.

When does the offense start helping the defense?

Giving up a 69 yard run to WILLIE PARKER doesnt help. Getting absolutely no pressure on the QB doesnt help much either. Look i agree, the O sucked. I think the whole team sucked.

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
D played well enough to win. They gave up 1 bad drive. Do you honestly think our offense would have scored twice if the D had forced a 3 and out to start the long drive?

They couldnt stop them on 3rd down. I espect alot more from the #2 Defense in the league, at home, with the playoffs on the line. I expect more from the offense too. They sucked ass also.

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Drive: 6 plays, 49 yards in 2:46.
FG Jeff Reed 31 Yd, 4:22. Drive: 15 plays, 69 yards in 6:31.
FG Jeff Reed 37 Yd, 14:49. Drive: 5 plays, 61 yards in 2:00.
FG Jeff Reed 33 Yd, 2:23. Drive: 14 plays, 46 yards in 8:53.

On 4 drives they gave up over 200 yards. The steelers rushed for 160 yards
Most of this was with 2nd stringers in against the leagues #2 D. I dont consider this a good showing.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
The only ones complaining about the defense are the people who won't admit that Bledsoe was the biggest reason for our loss.

There were other reasons why we lost this game but Bledsoe's incompetence and choke job against a JV defense is the biggest reason.

Everyone other unit made at least 1 play to help us out but Bledsoe didn't make any except in mop up time and/or against a prevent defense. His whole career is making some plays and padding some stats after the game is already over.

Bledsoe had about 185 yards passing for the game but about 45 of them was right before halftime against a prevent defense and 60 more was on the final drive in mop up time.

When we needed him the most and they were playing their actual defense and playing agressive he only had about 80 yards passing. A whole 80 yards against backups.

Thanks again, Drew.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 04:38 PM
The only ones complaining about the defense are the people who won't admit that Bledsoe was the biggest reason for our loss..:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 04:57 PM
:bf1:

Great analogy. The D and ST bailed out Drew and O many times this year and did their share again against Pitt. Yes, they finally gave in, but the offense is the reason we lost the game. This is why we lost in the early part of the year....we played winning teams and the offense forced the D to be perfect.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Hey Mikey...................lets say you are at work and you had to keep covering for another guy who kept ****** up and not doing his job. Think you might get a little tired after awhile and not be as good at your job because your trying to cover up for the other guy?That's not a good analogy to use with Mike because it won't ring a bell with him. He's the one that everyone is covering for. :D

Maybe that's why he likes Drew so much. He relates with him in his own kind of way. :scratch:

FTG
01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
That's not a good analogy to use with Mike because it won't ring a bell with him. He's the one that everyone is covering for. :D

Maybe that's why he likes Drew so much. He relates with him in his own kind of way. :scratch:

:roflmao: I'd give + rep for that but I just hit up your last post