PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

The King
01-03-2005, 04:11 PM
That thinks the entire team looked like ass yesterday. I can point out almost two bad plays from almost everyone on the team. We sucked yesterday, I drove 8 hours, to watch a piss poor excuse for a game. Bledsoe deserves his portion as does Moulds, Reed, Lindel, Schobel, Posey, Clements, McGee... I am not suprised at all the attack Bledsoe threads but I am suprised at the lack of Moulds sucks threads.

This guy used to be one of the most physical recievers in the game and now he is a complete wuss. OUr recievers are not aggressive enough .period. I think we need some serious work with 4-5 recievers. It seems like Evans in the only one who wants to make a play out there. If you watch any of NE or Pitts games youll see their recievers actively going after the ball, why dont our recievers do this? Bledsoe has had some piss poor accuracy this season but its been no worse then some of the crap I have seen Ben and Tom throw and somehow their guys come up with the ball.

We aparently are not a playoff team yet, but the TEAM lost yesterday, lets not lose site of that just because Drew sucked as well.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 04:12 PM
You're not even close to the only one, man :ill:

cordog
01-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Im with you dude, 53 players looked like horse****.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Moulds dropped some, then seemed to drop out of sight. I think he had two drops . He sure was complaining a lot for flags. The guys that are consistant usually though, came up short yesterday. Hey, the team wins together, so it loses together. I'll go that far. Not everyone sucked ass. But driving 8 hours, I feel for ya', if that's any help.

:shocked:

Michael82
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I agree with you man. It was a total team effort. But I think the problem is...everyone else had some good plays in that game and Bledsoe really didn't. Oh wait...yeah he had a nice 56-yard pass to Lee Evans and it almost got the Bills back in the game...if only they could have recovered the onside kick. :sadwalk: Lindell sucked at kicking, but he had a couple nice kickoffs. Moulds didn't do anything special. McGee sucked at coverage, but did pretty good in ST. Takeo Spikes had an INT and made some good plays, but he also missed a bunch of tackles. Big Sam was run over many times, but he also had a sack. Nate Clements fumbled a punt return, but he also intercepted a pass and ran it back for a TD. Troy Vincent and Lawyer Milloy? what big plays did they make? Willis McGahee had problems running against the Steelers defense, but he also had 2 Touchdowns. Brian Moorman had some pretty crappy punts, but he also had a 62-yarder. See...everyone contributed to this loss. The problem is...some did more than others. :(

FTG
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
For the umpteenth time..................Drew is not getting all the blame

finsrclowns
01-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Here's the deal- you're not going to play well every week in the NFL. Even NE doesn't, that's why you need to build as good a team as you can 1-53 so when you have an off day you can still prevail. I was not surprised Pitt showed up to play for 2 reasons. One: Cowher doesn't like TD and I'm sure he got the message across that he wanted this one, and even with some subs Pitt has a powerful team. And two Tommy Maddox knew this was his chance to show other teams what he has since he probably will move on after this year. We had a rough game. It happens. But we were in a position to win but a couple of plays went the other way that changed the outcome.

You win as a team and you lose as a team. In the first half the offense struggled mightily with penalties and Drew had some bad throws. But the last drive of the half gave them a spark and I thought as a group they played pretty well in the 2nd half, well enough to win. I still say that bogus offensive pass interference call stopped what could have been a playoff clinching 99 1/2 yard drive.

finsrclowns
01-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Lindell sucked at kicking, but he had a couple nice kickoffs. (

Question: when Lindell kicked that squibber against the wind that was fielded at the 27, run back to the 46 and ended up after a face mask penalty on the Buffalo 49, giving the Steelers a short field which they then converted into a TD, was he TRYING to squib it, or did he just miss his target spot on the ball by 5 inches? :fury:

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 04:39 PM
was he TRYING to squib it, or did he just miss his target spot on the ball by 5 inches?

I've wondered this on more than one of Lindell's kickoffs that end up lame...

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
No you are not the only one.

Jan Reimers
01-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I agree with you all the way. The Steelers reserves played harder than our starters. If this were a "statement" game for us, it said, "We're intimidated, scared little chokers who just can't bring it in big games."

Halbert
01-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Bledsoe and Lindell are the goats but they weren't even close to the only reason they lost the game. The entire team stunk. Even the defense, who had played pretty well most of the first half, allowed the third stringers to rip off a nine minute drive to seal the game.

I'm so disgusted at this pathetic loss that I'm finally ready to support a switch away from Bledsoe. The loss certainly wasn't all his fault but when you lose a game the way they did something is terribly, terribly wrong. Something simply must change and unfortunately he's the most likely candidate.