PDA

View Full Version : "No, it's my team"

FTG
01-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Thats the answer Drew gave today when asked by a reporter about a potential challenge from JP Losman next season. :rolleyes:

When Mularkey was asked the same question his response " Everyones job will be evaluated"

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Sad. He should salvage his self respect and just quit or retire. He sounds like Martz asking the owner to write those letters to the team just to prove he is the coach.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I never knew we changed our name to the Buffalo Bledsoe's.

Michael82
01-03-2005, 05:54 PM
:rolleyes: at all the Bledsoe haters.

I'm happy that he is going to fight for his job. It shows character. I don't think he'll retire. But I could picture him and JP Losman fighting in training camp for the starting job. IF JP wins, the Bills will cut Bledsoe or trade him.

BAM
01-03-2005, 05:57 PM
He'll be back. I can't say I'm thrilled about it but he will. We'll all just have to deal with it.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 05:57 PM
:lolpoint: Mikey

Hard to let go of the Drew-eam?

:;

Michael82
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM

No, I'm pissed at Drew for the game yesterday...but unlike all the haters...I don't put the loss on him. I put it on the whole team.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM

He changes him mind more then a woman. Some weeks he thinks a player is great and other weeks he thinks he sucks. It mostly depends on how they played in that certain week.

Mikey doesn't know what he wants. Stay tuned.

Section 130 Row 26
01-03-2005, 06:02 PM
I think open compition is the best answer at this point. What else can be done? No way should we consider retreads like Warner, Brooks, or even an unreliable Hasselbeck in FA.

For all you Losman doubters...anything Bledsoe has done this year he could do. If he were to start, for every bad "rookie" mistake he makes, he can make up for it with his feet and athletic ability.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
For all you Losman doubters...anything Bledsoe has done this year he could do. If he were to start, for every bad "rookie" mistake he makes, he can make up for it with his feet and athletic ability.
:10:
Nominated for Rookie Zoner Post of the Month! And only your second post too! I have high expectations for you, don't dissapoint me. :D

Michael82
01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
I think open compition is the best answer at this point. What else can be done? No way should we consider retreads like Warner, Brooks, or even an unreliable Hasselbeck in FA.

The open competition is the best thing. May the best man win.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 06:07 PM
The open competition is the best thing. May the best man win.
I disagree. Having Drew on the roster is a bad idea. It is obvious he feels it is "his team" and although I know Drew is a class act, he is human. Let's spare the team and the fans the inevitable RJ/Flutie BS and cut the bleeding limb off now.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I disagree. Having Drew on the roster is a bad idea. It is obvious he feels it is "his team" and although I know Drew is a class act, he is human. Let's spare the team and the fans the inevitable RJ/Flutie BS and cut the bleeding limb off now.

Does that mean you'll be out to stump for Losman as QB?

:funny:

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Does that mean you'll be out to stump for Losman as QB?

:funny:
Well I sure hope most people will as well...including the mighty TD himself. He was the one to go after him as our franchise QB so it's time to see if the gamble paid off.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 06:46 PM
"...and cut the bleeding limb off now."

"stump"

This is why I won't do two shows anymore. This is a tough room man, tough room.

;-p

don137
01-03-2005, 06:52 PM
I would rather have him say that then him concede the starting position.

I am not sure if I want Drew back or not. While I feel Drew does not have the ability to lead this or any other team to a super bowl victory he does have class and would help JP with the learning curve if JP won the starting QB position.

Michael82
01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I would rather have him say that then him concede the starting position.

I am not sure if I want Drew back or not. While I feel Drew does not have the ability to lead this or any other team to a super bowl victory he does have class and would help JP with the learning curve if JP won the starting QB position.
Good post. :clap:

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
"...and cut the bleeding limb off now."

"stump"

This is why I won't do two shows anymore. This is a tough room man, tough room.

;-p:rofl:

Sorry I missed that one. :homer:

OpIv37
01-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I gotta go with Mikey on this one. First of all- we need 2 QB's who can play on the roster. So if we cut Drew, who's our #2? Matthews? He can't lead a team or help Losman develop. Another washed up veteran? The devil that you know is better than the devil that you don't.

Also, while Bledsoe had a bad game, I think some people are blaming him for the loss. Face it- we SUCKED yesterday. Not just Bledsoe- the whole team. Even the most ardent Bledsoe supporter has to admit that he's not the future of this team and JP or someone is going to have to step up this coming season. But replacing Bledsoe isn't going to turn us into the Steelers overnight- this team has more problems than that.

It's easy to make the QB a scapegoat for every loss.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I think any QB who has started his entire career isn't going to be too quick to say, "Uh yeah, we should have, um, a competition to determine the starter next year since I may not be good enough..."

It's not like he decides anyway. Plus it's not his team, it's Ralph Wilson Jr.'s.

HAMMER
01-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Dumb move! Why not have an experienced back up? He certainly would qualify as one of the best backups in the game and knows the offense. But only if he is sat down and explained that it will be an open comp. and accepts that.

Philagape
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd be content with Matthews as the backup to JP. I think it would be more respectful to Drew to cut ties with him and let him salvage some shred of dignity instead of carrying a clipboard.

Michael82
01-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I gotta go with Mikey on this one. First of all- we need 2 QB's who can play on the roster. So if we cut Drew, who's our #2? Matthews? He can't lead a team or help Losman develop. Another washed up veteran? The devil that you know is better than the devil that you don't.

Also, while Bledsoe had a bad game, I think some people are blaming him for the loss. Face it- we SUCKED yesterday. Not just Bledsoe- the whole team. Even the most ardent Bledsoe supporter has to admit that he's not the future of this team and JP or someone is going to have to step up this coming season. But replacing Bledsoe isn't going to turn us into the Steelers overnight- this team has more problems than that.

It's easy to make the QB a scapegoat for every loss.
Good post, OpIv! :bf1:

BTW...it was nice seeing you again...:up:

And your wife too... :naughty: :snicker:

Michael82
01-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Dumb move! Why not have an experienced back up? He certainly would qualify as one of the best backups in the game and knows the offense. But only if he is sat down and explained that it will be an open comp. and accepts that.
EXACTLY. Besides, if Drew Bledsoe is as bad as everyone says he is...JP Losman should easily win the job.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
EXACTLY. Besides, if Drew Bledsoe is as bad as everyone says he is...JP Losman should easily win the job.
Not the point. Drew is damaged goods and isn't good for the team. Think about it.....

1. TD trades a #1 for him as well as pays him a ton of cash to bring him in as the "savior"
2. Buffalo has a huge parade for him as if he had already won the Bills an SB
3. He doesn't deliver (regardless of circumstances)

Better to have someone else...someone clean...as the backup and let Drew move off to another team in dignity as Philagape suggested.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I think it would be more respectful to Drew to cut ties with him and let him salvage some shred of dignity instead of carrying a clipboard.
Agreed. :up:

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Who said anything about not having an experienced backup? I clearly stated in all of my posts that we should get a vet backup for JP. Drew is not the right person to hold the clipboard. Too much baggage with him.

Turf
01-03-2005, 11:28 PM

Very well said. Your honor, I rest my case.
There is absolutely no reason to keep Drew at his age and salary.
You might also add, he or anyone else remotely qualified.

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:33 PM
I wouldnt have a problem with Holcolm. Hes a pretty good QB. Everytime the Browns started him, he played pretty well. He would be nice insurance if JP starts and falls flat on his face.

The_Philster
01-04-2005, 04:51 AM
For all you Losman doubters...anything Bledsoe has done this year he could do. If he were to start, for every bad "rookie" mistake he makes, he can make up for it with his feet and athletic ability.Not saying he couldn't, but what do you base this assertion on? Or do you claim to have psychic powers?

Jan Reimers
01-04-2005, 05:23 AM
The best thing for the Bills is to let Drew and JP battle for the job in preseason. I think at this point most of us hope JP wins, but if he simply isn't ready, we go with Drew one more year.We did get within a game of the playoffs with Drew at the helm.

helmetguy
01-04-2005, 05:38 AM
The best thing for the Bills is to let Drew and JP battle for the job in preseason. I think at this point most of us hope JP wins, but if he simply isn't ready, we go with Drew one more year.We did get within a game of the playoffs with Drew at the helm.
...with a rookie HC and OC, no less, and cleaning up after Coach Pie Chart (the master "stat rat") and his vaunted staff of "teachers."

mybills
01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
<b>"No, it's my team"</b>

Thats the answer Drew gave today when asked by a reporter about a potential challenge from JP Losman next season. :rolleyes:

When did he change his name to mybills?

Dozerdog
01-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Any link or quote to where the "It's my team" comment came from?

I'm interested in the context it was asked/answered

Earthquake Enyart
01-04-2005, 08:16 AM
What do you guys expect Bledsoe to say?

I have no problem with it.

FTG
01-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Not saying he couldn't, but what do you base this assertion on? Or do you claim to have psychic powers?

Why not make the same wisecracks to everyone who talks as if its a fact Losman is gonna suck? They don't know either!

FTG
01-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Any link or quote to where the "It's my team" comment came from?

I'm interested in the context it was asked/answered

No link. I saw it Empire sports report. He was surrounded by a bunch of reporter. Not sure who asked it. The question was "Do you expect a challenge from JP Losman for the starting QB job next season"

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:30 AM
The problem is with DB it just doesn't sound convincing...he doesn't have the ability to sound convincing...

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Why not make the same wisecracks to everyone who talks as if its a fact Losman is gonna suck? They don't know either!
talk about putting words in people's mouths...few if any have said that JP will suck...he'll struggle as rookies struggle, that is expected...in fact, the harshest comment came from Mr. Cynical who said if JP looks like RJ after a season that he should be cut.

FTG
01-04-2005, 08:40 AM
talk about putting words in people's mouths...few if any have said that JP will suck...he'll struggle as rookies struggle, that is expected...in fact, the harshest comment came from Mr. Cynical who said if JP looks like RJ after a season that he should be cut.

Whats good for the goose.....................

You guys are talking as if it's a fact we have a better chance at the playoffs with Bledsoe over Losman.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Whats good for the goose.....................

You guys are talking as if it's a fact we have a better chance at the playoffs with Bledsoe over Losman.
Fact: The earth orbits the sun

Opinion: The Bills have a better chance of making the playoffs with DB as QB

clear now or do I need to clarify every statement I make for you?

the only facts in sports are the stats and for the most part you can wipe with the paper the stats are printed on...

mybills
01-04-2005, 08:48 AM
We have a better chance at the playoffs with anyone BUT bledsoe.

FTG
01-04-2005, 08:56 AM

the only facts in sports are the stats and for the most part you can wipe with the paper the stats are printed on...

And an opinion is what Sec 130 was giving when Phil made his phychic powers wisecrack.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:57 AM
And an opinion is what Sec 130 was giving when Phil made his phychic powers wisecrack.
then take it up with Phil...when you post "you guys" you paint with very broad brush...

FTG
01-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Quoting Phils post before I comment was taking it up with Phil :rolleyes:

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 09:36 AM

Fact: Bledsoe has not led this team to the playoffs

My opinion based on this fact: As long as he's QB, our team will never go to the playoffs...

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Fact: Bledsoe has not led this team to the playoffs

My opinion based on this fact: As long as he's QB, our team will never go to the playoffs...
that's fair to say that...but to advance that JP can do better is baseless...there is nothing to say that JP can succeed or fail...

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 10:00 AM
that's fair to say that...but to advance that JP can do better is baseless...there is nothing to say that JP can succeed or fail...

There is absolutely zero evidence to prove JP can do any better... However I would rather gather evidence to find out about JP rather than spinning our wheels with Bledsoe any further.

DaBills
01-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Asked whether he thought coach Mike Mularkey would conduct an open competition in training camp at St. John Fisher College between Bledsoe and 2004 first-round draft pick J.P. Losman, or if this was still his team, Bledsoe responded tersely, "It's my team."

D&C fellas: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050104/SPORTS03/501040336/1007/SPORTS

jamze132
01-04-2005, 02:07 PM
For anyone who thinks Drew should start next year: GO DREW YOURSELF!!

He drewed us all freakin year! Bring on JP

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 02:11 PM
No respectable teammate is going to come out and say, especially after a winning season, "Yes we need a change at X position." It's more PR propoganda. I don't buy any of it. I'll wait to see what happens in the offseason.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
There is absolutely zero evidence to prove JP can do any better... However I would rather gather evidence to find out about JP rather than spinning our wheels with Bledsoe any further.
Great point. :up:

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Great point. :up:
Thanx!

BTW see new sig pic :biggrin:
:mex:

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanx!

BTW see new sig pic :biggrin:
:mex:
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks u again! :bow:

Balian
01-05-2005, 04:02 AM
I would like to see JP on the field. Of course I don't know if he will win games or play better than Drew- but at some point you have to give the kid game experience...
I guess he will not be the 2nd Big Ben and we will loose game by his mistakes, but how many games Drew has won last season ? Allthough I have my information only through newspapers and Bills forums I hope I'm not totaly wrong: But I can't remember a big game from Drew like in his first Bills season.
And during the six game winning streak he wasn't very impressive too - although the opponents were not so frightening.
I also know that the Bills have to look which QB could lead them into the PO - and I hope we are not so far away. And perhaps starting JP could mean no PO next season - cause of rookie- mistakes. But there is also no guarantee with Drew…
But remember also, that many scouts noticed before the draft that JP will need a lot of time to develop, much more than the other 3 QB's... Perhaps he need another season or a half...
For my taste a member of a twobillsdrive.com found the right words:
"I would rather watch our future QB struggle and get better than our retread QB struggle and get worse!"