PDA

View Full Version : What a SELFISH player!!!

Michael82
01-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Seattle's Shaun Alexander, upset after finishing 1 yard behind Curtis Martin for the NFL rushing title, questioned why coach Mike Holmgren called a quarterback sneak in a big win over Atlanta.

"We were going to win anyway," Alexander said after Sunday's game. "We were on the freakin' goal line, and I got stabbed in the back."

Alexander made his remarks in the locker room after the Seahawks beat Atlanta 28-26, securing the NFC West title for Seattle and guaranteeing a home game with St. Louis in next weekend's wild-card round.

Holmgren said in his postgame comments he had wanted Alexander to win the rushing title. However, the Falcons drove 69 yards in the final 4:28 to pull within 28-26 before failing to convert the 2-point try.

"It's too bad we didn't get the ball back," Holmgren said. "They ate up the clock with their final drive. Shaun had a chance at the rushing championship, and just missed it. That was too bad. I would have liked to seen him get it."

The Seahawks went ahead 28-20 with 4:28 remaining when quarterback Matt Hasselbeck scored on a 1-yard sneak on second-and-goal.

Alexander, who will be an unrestricted free agent after this season, blamed that call for costing him a share of the rushing title. He finished with 80 yards on 19 attempts against Atlanta.

"It would have been sweet to get it," Alexander said. "I feel worse because we had a quarterback sneak for a touchdown. That hurts, but I'll be all right."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1958262

Cntrygal
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Guess he should've gotten 40 yards against the Bills - instead of 39. :D

Michael82
01-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Guess he should've gotten 40 yards against the Bills - instead of 39. :D
:snicker: I actually wish Holmgren decided to hand him the ball and let him get stuffed 2 times in a row and then call the sneak. Then Holmgren could have said to Alexander...I tried...you couldn't do it yourself. Oh well.

G. Host
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
As I said in another thread that Seattle seems a good match for Henry.

FTG
01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Go Rams!

Section 130 Row 26
01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
As I said in another thread that Seattle seems a good match for Henry.
Yeah he can beat up on the worst division in football, and then lay claim that we made a "mistake" by letting him go

DaBills
01-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Alexander the Great just apologized at a Seahawks' press conference. NFL Network had it live.

Guess we'll just have to bust on Moss for walking off the field before the game was over yesterday.

Michael82
01-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Alexander the Great just apologized at a Seahawks' press conference. NFL Network had it live.

Guess we'll just have to bust on Moss for walking off the field before the game was over yesterday.
I forgot about Moss. :doh:

I know the game was over, but your team was still trying to recover an onside kick and you walk away??? :shakeno:

mush69
01-04-2005, 01:02 AM
I forgot about Moss. :doh:

I know the game was over, but your team was still trying to recover an onside kick and you walk away??? :shakeno:

I would expect that outta his caliber of player! He is all about himself, even more than Alexander!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Hmmmmm, I guess I don't have a problem with a guy that wants to be the best and get that yard. I do not like the guy walking off the field when the game isn't over.