PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Drew is just not made for Buffalo

G. Host
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
After the game, Bledsoe admitted the game plan was short and underneath passes. Why? Pittsburgh was playing third-string corner backs and safeties against Lee Evans and Eric Moulds. The one time the Bills did go downfield -- when the Steelers expected it -- Evans hauled it in setting up a late fourth-quarter touchdown.

Even Pittsburgh's one-time starter, now backup Tommy Maddox had the wind figured out. He does not play his games in Orchard Park conditions.

"It wasn't constant. You would throw soft and it would dive down or dive up, it wasn't the kind of wind you can gauge as the game goes on," said Maddox. "You have to go through your reads, throw the ball like you normally would and hope the ball didn't move too much." more (http://www.wellsvilledaily.com/articles/2005/01/03/sports/sports01.txt)

Maybe the reason why the Bills did so well at end of season especially in short game is because they were playing away from Ralph and Bledsoe's short game has never been his strong suit? He needs to find a team with a dome and a lline made of boulders for him.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
I have to agree with you. Drew just isn't made for Buffalo.

OR any of the other 31 teams in the NFL either.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Even Pittsburgh's one-time starter, now backup Tommy Maddox had the wind figured out. He does not play his games in Orchard Park conditions.

"It wasn't constant. You would throw soft and it would dive down or dive up, it wasn't the kind of wind you can gauge as the game goes on," said Maddox. "You have to go through your reads, throw the ball like you normally would and hope the ball didn't move too much."
Something Drew cannot do, unless you count locking on to one WR per play as "going through your reads". Maybe Maddox will be available next year. I'd take him as the backup for JP. Sounds like a smart guy to me. :up:

buffalofan19
01-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Something Drew cannot do, unless you count locking on to one WR per play as "going through your reads". Maybe Maddox will be available next year. I'd take him as the backup for JP. Sounds like a smart guy to me. :up:
Not Maddox please!

Want to get rid of Drew? Fine. But I had a friend from Pittsburgh who came up to go to the game and he said that was Maddox's "A" game, and he got yanked for it. Bledsoe may be bad, but not NEARLY as bad as Maddox.:nervous:

G. Host
01-04-2005, 06:12 AM
I had the same reaction by Pittsburgh fans in the bar I was at - they were expecting Maddox to give game away and were talking if Bledsoe was cut they could sign him as a backup! and get rid of Maddox!

mybills
01-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I have to agree with you. Drew just isn't made for Buffalo.

OR any of the other 31 teams in the NFL either.
:rofl: