PDA

View Full Version : Fairweather Fans.......

BAM
01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
... Before leaving Buffalo today, Pride and I stopped at a gas station to refuel. I was standing outside reading the USA Today smoking a cigarette with my Bills jacket on.

Some meathead comes walking out of the store and says "I can't believe you can wear that **** today." I just smirked and said "Typical Fairweather Fan." The guy didn't say anything... luckily. He was pretty big and probably would've whooped my ass. :D

Anyways, like I am going to give up and stop supporting my boys because of one loss. I have to agree with whoever on National TV said that most Bills fans are bandwagon jumpers. Nearly every caller into WGR we heard on the way home sounded like they were giving up on the Bills.

Pitiful. Go root for the Patriots or something you ****ing blockheads!

:smoke:

G. Host
01-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyways, like I am going to give up and stop supporting my boys because of one loss. I have to agree with whoever on National TV said that most Bills fans are bandwagon jumpers. Nearly every caller into WGR we heard on the way home sounded like they were giving up on the Bills.

Why does it surprise you that the callers to WGR are the most critical and ready to give up? A lot of them still miss Chuck Dickerson.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
i have way too much bills gear to quit now!

:snicker:

don137
01-03-2005, 06:43 PM
... Before leaving Buffalo today, Pride and I stopped at a gas station to refuel. I was standing outside reading the USA Today smoking a cigarette with my Bills jacket on.

Some meathead comes walking out of the store and says "I can't believe you can wear that **** today." I just smirked and said "Typical Fairweather Fan." The guy didn't say anything... luckily. He was pretty big and probably would've whooped my ass. :D

:clap: I still have my Bills flag hanging outside my house. While I am disappointed I will never stop cheering for the Bills

honey
01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm very disappointed with this loss, but I look at where we started and how we ended up. We totally improved. I won't be a bandwagon jumper or a fairweather fan. I don't care what happens. :smile:

FTG
01-03-2005, 07:39 PM

You were smoking a cig outside a gas station and you are calling them blockheads :D

BAM
01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Don't worry I was far from the pumps. Those ash trays weren't outside for no reason. :D

Philagape
01-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I've been through Vince Ferragamo, Hank Bullough, 4 SB losses including wide right and missing helmet, Billy Joe Hobert, Home Run Throwback and Kevin Gilbride.

No way in HELL this will even budge me.

Hemlepp53
01-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Listen Guys.. I am a Bills Fan Win Or Lose. My Boys Fell Short of my pre - season guess for season ends. I said 10 - 6.. But Sh** I'm happy with 9-7.. Damned Happy being we started how we did. I'm not going to post anything else on here for a week. I want all the A$$Hole Posters to go away and buy a Eagles Jersey.. Or Jets Jersey. I dont care who say what about who and when.. All I know is We Came Along Way Baby.. It Was A Hell Of A Ride... Good Season.. Better Than 8-8.. and surely better than 6 -10.. Go M.M... Good Coaching.. I'm One Bills Fans Who Is Impressed... Way To Show Em Willis... Top Back 2005 season... This Boy is crazy.. Lee Evans... Holy Sh**.. What hell happened to you Son... Impressive... Clements Rocked... We Are A Awsome Team .. And The Progress we showed from week 5 to week 16 is amazing.. We went from the LEAUGES JOKE Side by side With The Fins... To A TOP AFC THREAT In the Play Off Hunt... That Rocks... I LOVE THE BILLS.. FANS... AND THIS SEASON KICKED A$$.. Thanks For A Hell Of A Ride... See Ya In A Week....

DaBills
01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I've been through Vince Ferragamo, Hank Bullough, 4 SB losses including wide right and missing helmet, Billy Joe Hobert, Home Run Throwback and Kevin Gilbride.

No way in HELL this will even budge me.

True that. Try having only one superstar for a decade to get by on: OJ. Now that's pain when he's all you got. Or even try the day after each of those 4 SB losses having to go to work with Giants fans. That sucked major ass.

No ****ing way I'd jump ship. Good with the bad man, good with the bad.

:fury:

Philagape
01-03-2005, 08:18 PM
OJ was my boyhood idol. My heart still wants to tell my head he didn't do it.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 08:20 PM

I understand how you feel. :ill: I kept forcing myself to believe he was innocent until he perjured himself in the civil trial :mad:

Michael82
01-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Hopefully the Bills gear will go on sale now, so I can stock up on it like I normally do at this time of year. :D

DaBills
01-03-2005, 08:59 PM
"OJ was my boyhood idol. My heart still wants to tell my head he didn't do it."

I remember when he put up 273 against Detroit and saw the 200 he put up against the Jests to break the then record 2,000 yard season mark.

chernobylwraiths
01-03-2005, 09:10 PM
"OJ was my boyhood idol. My heart still wants to tell my head he didn't do it."

I remember when he put up 273 against Detroit and saw the 200 he put up against the Jests to break the then record 2,000 yard season mark.

I tell you it was one of the worst and best times in my life. My wife and I just closed on our house, and the night we had moved in, I get a call and my uncle who we were all real close to died. At the funeral home a day or two later, I heard that OJ was in cuffs because his ex wife was just murdered. I would never say he was my hero, but I was proud that he was a Buffalo Bill and set that record here.

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2005, 09:28 PM
No one is jumping ship here. Not this Chinese guy. :miyagi:

Bufftp
01-03-2005, 09:36 PM
No one is jumping ship here. Not this Chinese guy. :miyagi:
no your jumping junk!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/1820/WSP/Pix/junk.gif

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2005, 09:40 PM
SUCK MY JUNK

imbondz
01-03-2005, 09:47 PM
what do you mean? He was aquitted of all charges.

Demon
01-04-2005, 12:50 AM

I agree with you and disagree. Just because they made that statement doesn't make them fair weather fans. They were upset. Everyone gets upset. Just like everyone gets upset with their girlfriends, stops talking to them for a day or two, and then we get back together. Doesn't mean we still loving them. Your love is so deep for something, that when something like yesterday happened, you feel a huge deal of disappointment. I am a huge fan, everyone that knows me pray that Buffalo win a SB because they know how crazy i am about them. But when i came home last night, i threw my jersey on the floor and left it there. Normally i'd put it back in the closet. It was frustation, disappointment and embarressment. Kinda like figuring out your girl cheated on you. It was pretty bad. When i went back out last night with freinds, i left all my gear at home, jersey, any shirt, bennie hats or my bills baseball cap.

Does that make me a fair weather fan? No way... i was mad as hell at them. I still love them though !!!

Jan Reimers
01-04-2005, 05:44 AM
My wife and I were in full Bills attire all day in Norfolk - before, during and after the game. When you've been fans since 1960, you soldier on, despite the disappointments.

A lot of beer helps, too.

mybills
01-04-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm not taking the bumper sticker off my car. :rolleyes:

DaBills
01-04-2005, 01:13 PM
A lot of beer helps, too.

Lol. The Bills have been like Powerball. You keep playing the same numbers each time because you know that one day the payoff will be huge.