PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the Optimism?!

WG
11-24-2002, 05:00 PM
Just curious!

Since I was rabidly chided for not "being optimistic" by some of the same folks now saying we suck.

I guess some things simply will never have any answers...

:D

Let's just hope they fix all this crap before next season begins!!

4thAndLong
11-24-2002, 05:01 PM
I never said that.

:D

The_Philster
11-24-2002, 05:02 PM
Hey Wys....on behalf of everyone...I say "Bite Me" :D (hands quarter to J7)

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 05:05 PM
I didn't expect us to keep it up and finsish strong, but this is just bad. I didn't expect that either.

BillsMan80
11-24-2002, 05:07 PM
Wys, I was optimistic until I saw the most brutal display of football in the first half in my time on this earth. Riemersma tips a damn ball that's intercepted, and what the hell do they do when they are driving trying to get momentum before the half? Throw the damn ball to him which he juggles like a damn beach ball before he drops it.

WG
11-24-2002, 05:20 PM
The bottom line is that the writing was on the wall here. We barely beat teams that suck. I suppose it can be considered fortunate that we aren't 2-9.

Let's look at the bright side however; this allows us to figure out what's wrong now so that we don't have to bring all of this nonsense w/ us into next season. If we had simply gotten by beating a bunch of cupcake teams all season sprinkled w/ a win here or there to a .500 team, then everyone, including the team, would have thought we were close.

This allows us to see that we're not as close as we think. Fortunately, I think we can correct most of it this offseason. It will take some courage on TDs part however. GW too. IMO Gilbride is not the right choice for O.C. of this team. Gray is gone. Possibly Smith and maybe a few others including GW himself.

As to players: JR, gone! Robinson, gone! Watson, unless he's our 5th CB next season, gone! It cannot be more evident that we need two DTs and a DE.

Unfortunately, our only tool to make significant corrections for next season is FAcy. I sure hope we're very active in it.

BillsMan80
11-24-2002, 05:21 PM
We have our DE in Marcus Jones. We need a complement for Pat Williams. We need coaches who have a clue.

Andrea1234
11-24-2002, 05:57 PM
we do suck there i said it i never though i would have said it bout i did nothing is going right for the bills even bledsoe is making mistakes whats going on with the bills?

WG
11-24-2002, 07:12 PM

I'll believe that Marcus Jones will be healthy and help us when I see it. I have little faith in these "bargain" pickups since we've been thru so many of them.

I'd like to see some green spent on some marquee D players!

Novacane
11-24-2002, 07:32 PM
Problem is there are no real stars available in FA on the DL next season. Hopefully some will be salary cap casualties that can help us.

BillsMan80
11-24-2002, 07:38 PM
If Jones can come back healthy, I really think he will be an impact player for us. Also, I'd like to see what Favors can do for us instead of Old Man Robinson.

shelby
11-24-2002, 09:31 PM
wys...i had your back, man;)

a little realism goes a long way....takes the sting out of the loss.
We are still way better than last year.
:gobills:

DIHARD2
11-24-2002, 09:36 PM
How many think that the Jets are not a playoff caliber team?

I don't think the Vikings are a team that should have beaten Green Bay last week, either. My point is you never know on any given Sunday who is going to show up to play.

The Jets had to win this game today and they played like they knew it.

We need a lot of defense, but I thought everybody knew that at the beginning of the season. Least wise there were a lot of posts written about it .

I'm hoping TD knew this case existed before the season started, because if he didn't, then I have to worry about his ability as well. But I think G. W. and Donahoe were on the same page and they both were hoping what we had, would get us through the season.

They get paid to much money for them not to have a grip on this scenario and the inability of this defense today.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

WG
11-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Problem is there are no real stars available in FA on the DL next season. Hopefully some will be salary cap casualties that can help us.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the order in which we went about filling our needs didn't make sense insofar as availability of players via the draft as well as FAcy go.

DH,

I don't think the Jets will make the playoffs however. Their schedule is as bad as ours almost. Besides, Miami is playing like the best team in the AFC right now again. N.E. is also better than the Jets and they have the easiest schedule of all of them. As well, the Jets must go to N.E. to play the Pats.

I'll believe that Jones will be anything when he does. In the meantime, let's just hope that he's not a player who will tie up cash and a spot if he doesn't heal effectively and that he's 100% if he does.