Willis MaGahee a 1,700 yard back in '05?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBills
    • Sep 2004

Willis MaGahee a 1,700 yard back in '05?

Looking at his numbers, 1,128 through 11 games puts him at around 1,640 or so if he started all 16 this year. Less than 60 to match Martin and the crybaby Alexander. I think he goes over 1,700 next year as the Bills' starter.

Or am I nuts?

“The Bills: better than the record indicates.”
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

You're nuts...but I think it could happen.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

We need better run blocking. Not to :, but look what Pete Kendall helped do for Curtis Martin
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• NapalmDeath
        • Aug 2004

Although our line has played better in recent games, I still think it is average at best.

I know most of you would like to resign JJ, and I agree to an extent, however I think we should sign Marcus Price first.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• DaBills
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
          You're nuts...
          Yeah, that' s what they tell me at the group home too. 4 more yards a game is all it would take.
          “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• BiLLSRuLE
            • Dec 2003

I'd say more like 1,500

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

I'm looking for 2,000
              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

ditto.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

That would great but only if his YPC drastically went up in the process. If he only had 4.0ypc again then it would take 425 carries for him to reach 1,700 yards which wouldn't be a good thing. We'd be asking for trouble and it would hurt McGahee's production in the long run. It's not good or normal for a RB to have that many carries.

Now if he averaged 4.7-4.8 ypc that would leave him with around 360 carries which is still a little high and is all I would want my young talented RB to have on a season at the very most. I would rather only see him get around 330 carries instead.

Abusing a RB with 400+ carries will ruin and shorten his career and production in the long run. Look at RB's like Eddie George and Jamal Anderson for example.

The Titans ran George into the ground and he was washed up by 28. The Falcons ran Anderson one after another for about 3 years and it ended his career. The same thing was happening with Ricky Williams. He got abused his entire college career along with his couple years in Miami.

Ricky's body was quickly breaking down and he only had maybe two more good productive years left because of it when he retired. He really got overworked because he carried the load in college and had more carries then he should've.

The difference between 330 carries and 400 is 70 per season. You take that by 5 years adds another 350 carries onto his career which basically takes 1 year off his shelf life.

The extra wear and tear to his body is even worse then the 1 year taken off his career because it slows him down in the process.

Comment

• capitolneal
                    • Sep 2003

He still wasn't 100% or he lost a step than when he was at Miaimi I love the stiff arm that should have to be registered, He will be a 1500 yd back or better I believe our pine will be good they seemed to gel mid year, and IO wouldn't be all broke up if we lost jonas, we do need a better guard and I think Teague had a great second half (like a light came on) but willis is gonna be a GREAT one IMO if he can regain that step damn he will be great but as we all know it starts in the trenches and we are not that far off a dominating guard thats it rember his yac this year is great and he is getting the tough yards

Comment

• McGaheehee
                      • Dec 2004

Hes the next O.J. without the criminal intent. He'll break 1500 easy.
                      v. Bledsoe, Drew (blds)
                      v. verb
                      1. To be completely unable to read a Blitz: "Wow, you really Bledsoed that Blitz read"
                      2. To be in a constant condition resembling Deer in headlights: "Are you ok? You look like Drew Bledsoe"
                      3. To be consistantly able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory: "That sure-win was completely Bledsoed"
                      v. Lindell, Rian (lndl)
                      v. verb
                      1. The act of resembling a NFL kicker yet being unable to fulfill the duties of one: "I thought he kicked balls for a living? Looks more like hes a Lindell"
                      2. To be completely unable to kick a ball in pressure situations when called upon to do so: "He missed that post by 15 yards! What a Lindell!"
                      3. To be consistantly able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory: see Bledsoe, Drew

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

He's definitely breaking 1,500. If we pick up a real olineman or two, and if opposing teams stop stacking the box and blitzing (due to the lack of respect for the passing game), then it might be possible. He's definitely got the tools (and he's still not 100%....which is amazing)

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                          • Aug 2004

I'd cut him if he doesn't get 2,000. jk

he should be over 1,500 next year
                          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I think Willis has the potential to get 2000. He should be fully recovered, with more speed and cutting ability than he showed this year.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I definitely see at least 1500 yards and 15 TD's...I also see him right up there fantasy wise behind Tomlinson and Alexander (depending on where he plays next year). He will go top 5 in most fantasy drafts next year..

Comment

Working...
                              X