PDA

View Full Version : Willis MaGahee a 1,700 yard back in '05?

DaBills
01-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Looking at his numbers, 1,128 through 11 games puts him at around 1,640 or so if he started all 16 this year. Less than 60 to match Martin and the crybaby Alexander. I think he goes over 1,700 next year as the Bills' starter.

Or am I nuts?

:dance:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 08:19 PM
You're nuts...but I think it could happen.

Philagape
01-03-2005, 08:20 PM
We need better run blocking. Not to :deadhorse:, but look what Pete Kendall helped do for Curtis Martin

NapalmDeath
01-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Although our line has played better in recent games, I still think it is average at best.

I know most of you would like to resign JJ, and I agree to an extent, however I think we should sign Marcus Price first.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
You're nuts...

Yeah, that' s what they tell me at the group home too. 4 more yards a game is all it would take.

BiLLSRuLE
01-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I'd say more like 1,500 :dance:

FTG
01-03-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm looking for 2,000 :up:

ShadowHawk7
01-03-2005, 09:12 PM
ditto.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 09:51 PM
That would great but only if his YPC drastically went up in the process. If he only had 4.0ypc again then it would take 425 carries for him to reach 1,700 yards which wouldn't be a good thing. We'd be asking for trouble and it would hurt McGahee's production in the long run. It's not good or normal for a RB to have that many carries.

Now if he averaged 4.7-4.8 ypc that would leave him with around 360 carries which is still a little high and is all I would want my young talented RB to have on a season at the very most. I would rather only see him get around 330 carries instead.

Abusing a RB with 400+ carries will ruin and shorten his career and production in the long run. Look at RB's like Eddie George and Jamal Anderson for example.

The Titans ran George into the ground and he was washed up by 28. The Falcons ran Anderson one after another for about 3 years and it ended his career. The same thing was happening with Ricky Williams. He got abused his entire college career along with his couple years in Miami.

Ricky's body was quickly breaking down and he only had maybe two more good productive years left because of it when he retired. He really got overworked because he carried the load in college and had more carries then he should've.

The difference between 330 carries and 400 is 70 per season. You take that by 5 years adds another 350 carries onto his career which basically takes 1 year off his shelf life.

The extra wear and tear to his body is even worse then the 1 year taken off his career because it slows him down in the process.

capitolneal
01-03-2005, 10:15 PM
He still wasn't 100% or he lost a step than when he was at Miaimi I love the stiff arm that should have to be registered, He will be a 1500 yd back or better I believe our pine will be good they seemed to gel mid year, and IO wouldn't be all broke up if we lost jonas, we do need a better guard and I think Teague had a great second half (like a light came on) but willis is gonna be a GREAT one IMO if he can regain that step damn he will be great but as we all know it starts in the trenches and we are not that far off a dominating guard thats it rember his yac this year is great and he is getting the tough yards :bow: :bow: :star:

McGaheehee
01-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Hes the next O.J. without the criminal intent. He'll break 1500 easy.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2005, 12:29 AM
He's definitely breaking 1,500. If we pick up a real olineman or two, and if opposing teams stop stacking the box and blitzing (due to the lack of respect for the passing game), then it might be possible. He's definitely got the tools (and he's still not 100%....which is amazing)

Jayhawk
01-04-2005, 06:29 AM
I'd cut him if he doesn't get 2,000. jk

he should be over 1,500 next year

Jan Reimers
01-04-2005, 06:39 AM
I think Willis has the potential to get 2000. He should be fully recovered, with more speed and cutting ability than he showed this year.

don137
01-04-2005, 06:55 AM
I definitely see at least 1500 yards and 15 TD's...I also see him right up there fantasy wise behind Tomlinson and Alexander (depending on where he plays next year). He will go top 5 in most fantasy drafts next year..

G. Host
01-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Although our line has played better in recent games, I still think it is average at best.

I know most of you would like to resign JJ, and I agree to an extent, however I think we should sign Marcus Price first.

I agree with you. Price will be the right price and Jennings will be overpriced. We have one of the best OL coaches in the business and that should help the Bills find someone with more upside than Jennings who is constantly injured.

G. Host
01-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Looking at his numbers, 1,128 through 11 games puts him at around 1,640 or so if he started all 16 this year. Less than 60 to match Martin and the crybaby Alexander. I think he goes over 1,700 next year as the Bills' starter.

Or am I nuts?

:dance:

I think he can be 1700 yard rusher if he gets another year to rest and get paid for it for entire year. 1128 yards / 2 = 564 per year by my calculator. He was out for a lot of downs this year even when he was a starter

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 08:12 AM

Or am I nuts?

:dance:You are nuts. If you make him carry that much he'll quit to smoke pot.

DaBills
01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
You are nuts. If you make him carry that much he'll quit to smoke pot.

And do yoga.

:bow:

DaBills
01-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Abusing a RB with 400+ carries will ruin and shorten his career and production in the long run. Look at RB's like Eddie George and Jamal Anderson for example.

The Titans ran George into the ground and he was washed up by 28. The Falcons ran Anderson one after another for about 3 years and it ended his career. The same thing was happening with Ricky Williams. He got abused his entire college career along with his couple years in Miami.

And don't forget Bo. Bo knows early retirement.

Yeah, I can see the wear-and-tear arguement, but we're not asking him to be the power rushers those guys are. Travis is the one crashing into the O-line like a bowling ball and has probably done more damage than WM. Willis is more elusive and he seems to get tied up more when they tackle him than taking the big hits.

I think he breaks bigger runs than TH too so his gaining those big yards might not be impossible. I'm also thinking now that for him to break 1,700, someone may have to end up throwing less.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm looking for 2,000 :up:
there is no way he touches the ball 500 times next year...he is a 1300 yard back unless they upgrade the OL.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
That would great but only if his YPC drastically went up in the process. If he only had 4.0ypc again then it would take 425 carries for him to reach 1,700 yards which wouldn't be a good thing. We'd be asking for trouble and it would hurt McGahee's production in the long run. It's not good or normal for a RB to have that many carries.

Now if he averaged 4.7-4.8 ypc that would leave him with around 360 carries which is still a little high and is all I would want my young talented RB to have on a season at the very most. I would rather only see him get around 330 carries instead.

Ricky's body was quickly breaking down and he only had maybe two more good productive years left because of it when he retired. He really got overworked because he carried the load in college and had more carries then he should've.

The difference between 330 carries and 400 is 70 per season. You take that by 5 years adds another 350 carries onto his career which basically takes 1 year off his shelf life.

The extra wear and tear to his body is even worse then the 1 year taken off his career because it slows him down in the process.
that's the most coherent thing you ever wrote...100% correct :bf1: