PDA

View Full Version : Are these words you want to hear as a player?

LABillsFan
01-03-2005, 09:50 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3075

Dr. Harvey (Buffalo, NY): Congratulations on an improved season. Why didn't the game plan include throwing the ball deep more frequently against the Steelers?

MM: We did a couple of times but we didn't get the ball off one time and got sacked and another time we dumped it down because we wanted to get the ball out of the quarterbacks' hands.

Seems to me when the game is on the line, or you need a big play you want a playmaker to have the ball. What does is say about the confidence the coaching staff has. Have you ever heard these words muttered in reference to a good QB? Seems to me when I hear something like this it's directed towards... dare I say Feeley.

Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines but I don't think so.

gimpy
01-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines but I don't think so.
QBs don't score TDs.. they throw them.. This loss hurts in a big way and we're all a little over-sensitive to everything coming out of One Bills Drive. :tip:

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 10:00 PM
All the more reason why Bledsoe shouldn't be back next season.

What the hell good does it do to play a QB when you change your gameplan in fear that he might hurt you by putting the ball in his hands?

Is a QB that the coaches worry about as a liability worth 6+ million dollars a season? I don't think so.

buffalofan19
01-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I think by that statement he meant that a heavy blitz was coming and that Bledsoe needed to get rid of the Ball fast or he would get sack... but thats just me.

LABillsFan
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
QBs don't score TDs.. they throw them.. This loss hurts in a big way and we're all a little over-sensitive to everything coming out of One Bills Drive. :tip:

I'm not sure I understand your post. My point is that it's get the ball out of DB's hands and let someone make the plays.

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I think by that statement he meant that a heavy blitz was coming and that Bledsoe needed to get rid of the Ball fast or he would get sack... but thats just me.
That's how I understand it too.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2005, 12:21 AM

Dr. Harvey (Buffalo, NY): Congratulations on an improved season. Why didn't the game plan include throwing the ball deep more frequently against the Steelers?

MM: We did a couple of times but we didn't get the ball off one time and got sacked and another time we dumped it down because we wanted to get the ball out of the quarterbacks' hands.

Seems to me when the game is on the line, or you need a big play you want a playmaker to have the ball. What does is say about the confidence the coaching staff has. Have you ever heard these words muttered in reference to a good QB? Seems to me when I hear something like this it's directed towards... dare I say Feeley.

Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines but I don't think so.This could be read both ways. However, I hope your assessment is the right one. I've never heard these words spoken by Sherman, Dungy, Tice or Reid.

This could mean MM knows Drew is crap and will try his best to get rid of him in the offseason. Good news indeed. :D

The_Philster
01-04-2005, 04:54 AM
That's how I understand it too.
Me three

Dozerdog
01-04-2005, 07:19 AM
This could be read both ways. However, I hope your assessment is the right one. I've never heard these words spoken by Sherman, Dungy, Tice or Reid.

Just curious- do you follow the post game quotes of these guys weekly?

You'r eright- i don't hear that from 31 other coaches- but thren again I don't follow 31 other coaches' post game comments.

It's common sense. You are playing Blitzburgh. Their credo is send 5-6 guys every time and sack the QB...not many teams in the NFL have thrown deep on them for the very same reason.

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 07:35 AM
3 seconds left and the Chicago bulls are behind by 1. No doubt you want the ball in Jordans hands.

It's not the case w/ Drew. He's not a QB we can rely to make things happen. Not against weak teams and all the more against better teams.

mchurchfie
01-04-2005, 08:24 AM
It's pretty sad when you have to worry so much about your first string O-line giving up sacks everytime you try to throw by a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string scrubs on the opposing defense. :nervous: :clap: :loser: