PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Schedule looks pretty good...but tough...

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Well, you want to win with the big boys, you got to play the big boys:

NE 14-2
NY 10-6
Miami 4-12
Denver 10-6
KC 7-9
Houston 7-9
Atlanta 11-5
Carolina 7-9

@ NE 14-2
@ NY 10-6
@ Miami 4-12
@ SD 12-4
@ Oakland 5-11
@ Cinci 8-8
@ TB 5-11
@ NO 8-8

7 games against double digit winners (playoff teams) but 4 are within the division

4 games against "weaker sisters" (Miami (2), Oakland, TB) but all of them could be tough

5 games against ".500" teams but none of them are pushovers either.

2005 = tough schedule

G. Host
01-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Did you discount the NFC teams because they are in NFC and their weak sisters are weaker than AFC weak sisters?

Typ0
01-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Cincy, HOU, CAR are going to be tough next year too...and they are losing teams right now. Who knows what will happen with KC?

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Did you discount the NFC teams because they are in NFC and their weak sisters are weaker than AFC weak sisters?
I didn't discount the NFC teams at all...Carolina is going to be back...Atlanta is a paper tiger this year but will still be good (Advantage Buffalo because the game is here)...TB?? who knows with that team - I was just there for a week and even Bay area folks are clueless as to the future of that team...New Orleans?? Again, who knows about them...but having to go to TB or NO is never easy for the Bills (history wise). I think the Bills can go 3-1 against them though.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 08:44 AM
This is what I would like to see:

Sept: NYJ, KC
Oct: NE, Denver
Nov: Carolina, Houston
Dec: Miami, Atlanta

Earthquake Enyart
01-04-2005, 09:08 AM
5 winnable road games.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 09:49 AM
5 winnable road games.
and 6 winnable home games...

RaginBuc
01-05-2005, 12:01 AM
I didn't discount the NFC teams at all...Carolina is going to be back...Atlanta is a paper tiger this year but will still be good (Advantage Buffalo because the game is here)...TB?? who knows with that team - I was just there for a week and even Bay area folks are clueless as to the future of that team...New Orleans?? Again, who knows about them...but having to go to TB or NO is never easy for the Bills (history wise). I think the Bills can go 3-1 against them though.
The Bucs could easily be very good or very bad next year. Either way, Winning in Tampa isn't going to be easy.

DaBills
01-05-2005, 01:22 AM
After this loss against Pitt's second string, how do we even go 8-8 next year if NOTHING changes except the schedule gets harder?

I foolishly predict 10-6 every year, as I did this year, but not any more. Until we start taking care of biz in our division first, we're screwed. This year's playoff race should have shown that at least. 3-3 in the division? Not good enough.

We miss out at a wild card at 9-7 while the ****ing Vikes back in. It's just not right, but imo, it also means we need to win out over both the Jests and the Fins to have a shot next time. 11-5 has to be the goal, but it may not be achieved with the team we have right now today.

NE 14-2 - The ones to beat. Let's just say we go 0-2

NY 10-6 - The ones to keep beating themselves, (after us of course) 2-0

Miami 4-12 - They need a QB, a RB and a pulse. 2-0

Denver 10-6 - Tough, but at home, I like our chances.

KC 7-9 - Same as Denver.

Houston 7-9 - Carr is playing well in Houston, another problem QB for our secondary.

Atlanta 11-5 - Good luck containing Vick, we couldn't even contain that der beaver pelt trader St. Pierre.

Carolina 7-9- Carolina will just pin their ears back and Blitzoe all day long.

@ SD 12-4 - Solid team all-around, at home too. Tough to beat, but not impossible.

@ Oakland 5-11 - Adopting a wait and see. I think their QB situation is up in the air

@ Cinci 8-8 - Probably another win for us. The Spikes returning to his old stadium factor is gone.

@ TB 5-11 - could be a win since they were as inept this year as us. Unless it's late in the year. Seems like the BIlls play sluggish in the heat late in the season.

@ NO 8-8- Jury's out.

don137
01-05-2005, 08:09 AM
I would like to play the Chargers as early as possible because Rivers is going to take his lumps early on..

TigerJ
01-05-2005, 08:26 AM
I see maybe three games that are unwinnable as the Bills a presently constituted That is not a prediction of 13 wins. By that I simply mean we don't have to have an inferiority complex when we look at that schedule.

ScottLawrence
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
With Losman.....Anything is possible. :star:

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
yup...anywhere from 0-16 to 16-0

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Blingbling. W/ Drew playoff is impossible. There's too many good teams for him to try and beat.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Blingbling. W/ Drew playoff is impossible. There's too many good teams for him to try and beat.
Of the 32 teams, how many have starters that won Super Bowls?

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Of the 32 teams, how many have starters that won Super Bowls? Not much. Of the 32 teams how many that have won sb's have had below average qb's like Drew?

Or how many of those qb's keep blowing big games. JUst so you know every game in the playoffs on the way to the sb are BIG games.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Not much. Of the 32 teams how many that have won sb's have had below average qb's like Drew?

Or how many of those qb's keep blowing big games. JUst so you know every game in the playoffs on the way to the sb are BIG games.
There are 2 teams with SB winning QBs as their starter...

Sub par QBs?

37 Brad Johnson
35 Trent Dilfer
26 Mark Rypien
25 Jeff Hostetler
22 Doug Williams
18 Jim Plunkett
15 Jim Plunkett
5 Earl Morrell

I would also put McMahon (SB XX) and Warner (SB XXXIV) in this catagory others wouldn't.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 11:49 AM
There are 2 teams with SB winning QBs as their starter...

Sub par QBs?

37 Brad Johnson
35 Trent Dilfer
26 Mark Rypien
25 Jeff Hostetler
22 Doug Williams
18 Jim Plunkett
15 Jim Plunkett
5 Earl Morrell

I would also put McMahon (SB XX) and Warner (SB XXXIV) in this catagory others wouldn't.None of them blew big games or they wouldn't have won the sb, eh? Drew couldn't even handle a 3rd string team eh?

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 11:56 AM
None of them blew big games or they wouldn't have won the sb, eh? Drew couldn't even handle a 3rd string team eh?
wtf are you talking about...you asked about subpar QBs that won SBs...I answered it. the problem is that you just keep dancing to keep the argument going...it gets rediculous...Those that hate DB bring up the money it costs for a starter...I answer that...Those that hate DB bring up the money it costs for each win...I answer that...Those that hate DB bring up the total of all the QBs...I answer that...Those that hate DB bring up 8 more questions...I don't have the time for that...You bring up subpar starters winning superbowls...I answer that...you then say they aren't subpar if they won the big one...round and round and round and round...I'm done...the season is over...you guys keep the masturbation going for 7 more months...I'm off this topic...

The Bills made their bed by resigning DB to two years last year...JP got hurt and the Bills went 9-7, no matter our opinions or dislike of the situation it is what it is...DB will be the starter or he will be gone...whoever starts I will be there rooting for them to win...not sitting back waiting to say "I told you so". The way some of the Drew haters have come off is that they are more happy to push it everybody's face rather than be pissed that they lost. Get over it. It's a game that doesn't directly affect your life as much as you guys have let on that it has....or it shouldn't.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 12:00 PM
wtf are you talking about...you asked about subpar QBs that won SBs...I answered it. the problem is that you just keep dancing to keep the argument going...it gets rediculous...Those that hate DB bring up the money it costs for a starter...I answer that...Those that hate DB bring up the money it costs for each win...I answer that...Those that hate DB bring up the total of all the QBs...I answer that...Those that hate DB bring up 8 more questions...I don't have the time for that...You bring up subpar starters winning superbowls...I answer that...you then say they aren't subpar if they won the big one...round and round and round and round...I'm done...the season is over...you guys keep the masturbation going for 7 more months...I'm off this topic...

The Bills made their bed by resigning DB to two years last year...JP got hurt and the Bills went 9-7, no matter our opinions or dislike of the situation it is what it is...DB will be the starter or he will be gone...whoever starts I will be there rooting for them to win...not sitting back waiting to say "I told you so". The way some of the Drew haters have come off is that they are more happy to push it everybody's face rather than be pissed that they lost. Get over it. It's a game that doesn't directly affect your life as much as you guys have let on that it has....or it shouldn't.My point is, those sub par qb's didn't blow the games. Drew tends to blow big games therefore we will never make it to the big dance.

The bills made their bed when we kept Rob. We can fix it. You don't fix a mistake by making another one. JP is healthy now. I was all for TD getting Drew when we had Rob, 3 yrs. has passed time to move on.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
My point is, those sub par qb's didn't blow the games. Drew tends to blow big games therefore we will never make it to the big dance.

The bills made their bed when we kept Rob. We can fix it. You don't fix a mistake by making another one. JP is healthy now. I was all for TD getting Drew when we had Rob, 3 yrs. has passed time to move on.
that's the funny thing...i never wanted DB in the first place...ask Mikey...but I want the playoffs in 2005...Big Ben was an exception to the rule.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 12:09 PM
that's the funny thing...i never wanted DB in the first place...ask Mikey...but I want the playoffs in 2005...Big Ben was an exception to the rule.Drew isn't even has the qb the rookie is.

All the drew had to do is not suck and we would'vve been in the layoffs. He couldn't even handle that.

Whose to say we can't make playoffs w/ JP? All he has to do is not suck. I think he can handle that.