PDA

View Full Version : This sounds interesting...maybe Bledsoe will be leaving?

Michael82
01-04-2005, 09:44 AM
William Kelley (Fillmore): Will there be an open competition next year in training camp for the job of starting QB?
TD: Whether it be the quarterback position or any other position on our team, Mike Mularkey believes in competition each year regardless of what has happened the previous year. You have to start from zero, and players have to prove that they are worthy of the position. At this particular time I really can't tell you on specific positions what is going to happen, but it will become obvious as we begin our off-season planning and strategy.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3074

imbondz
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
:::

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 09:48 AM
So it'll be obvious eh Donahoe? We shall see...

The only thing obvious to me are the scripted answers Donahoe and Mularkey give week after week...
:rofl:

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2005, 09:49 AM

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 10:01 AM

Please tell us how you REALLY feel!

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Please tell us how you REALLY feel!
ok.

Mikey's trying to make a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 10:09 AM
ok.

More front office propoganda as usual. I wish for once they'd quit being all about PR and just say what the heck's going on.

Michael82
01-04-2005, 10:13 AM
ok.

Howard Simon was talking about it on WGR and he said if you read it carefully...it sounds like the QB situation will become OBVIOUS (this is the key word) in the offseason. The only way it would become obvious is if they CUT him or trade him.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Howard Simon was talking about it on WGR and he said if you read it carefully...it sounds like the QB situation will become OBVIOUS (this is the key word) in the offseason. The only way it would become obvious is if they CUT him or trade him.

..or it could be obvious they will retain Bledsoe.

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2005, 11:45 AM
So Howard Simon has ESP? What Simon has is an audience. And he has to keep them entertained...

What he's saing is that it will BECOME obvious what POSITIONS ("specific positions") they plan to upgrade.

Meaning, when they sign a FA cornerback or FS or OL, it will BE OBVIOUS that they are looking to improve that position.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 11:47 AM
So Howard Simon has ESP? What Simon has is an audience. And he has to keep them entertained...

What he's saing is that it will BECOME obvious what POSITIONS ("specific positions") they plan to upgrade.

Meaning, when they sign a FA cornerback or FS or OL, it will BE OBVIOUS that they are looking to improve that position.
the OBVIOUS comes from TD...not Simon....

it will become obvious...DB is the QB unless he is cut or traded.

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2005, 11:49 AM
the OBVIOUS comes from TD...not Simon....

it will become obvious...DB is the QB unless he is cut or traded.
Yes, but nowhere did he imply anything about QB. Reading WAY too much into it....

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I just read that Donahoe and MM would be assessing the team in the offseason!

This obviously means they won't re-sign Jonas Jennings.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Yes, but nowhere did he imply anything about QB. Reading WAY too much into it....
true TD sidestepped the original question and gave a complete non-answer...

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I just read that Donahoe and MM would be assessing the team in the offseason!

This obviously means they won't re-sign Jonas Jennings.
Maybe they are planning to move the team. :eek:

jamze132
01-04-2005, 11:56 AM
There's no way they cut Drew. He will start the season under great scrutiny from us and the media. It doesn't matter what we think. TD likes the a$$hole and will start him until the fans stop going to the home games. We will probably play mediocre games next year with Drew behind center and not be a dominating force. Next season we will finish no better than 9-7. MARK MY WORDS!

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 11:58 AM
There's no way they cut Drew. He will start the season under great scrutiny from us and the media. It doesn't matter what we think. TD likes the a$$hole and will start him until the fans stop going to the home games. We will probably play mediocre games next year with Drew behind center and not be a dominating force. Next season we will finish no better than 9-7. MARK MY WORDS!
next year's schedule is not going to be easy...DB, JP or Kelly won't matter if they don't do something about the LT, LDE and 3rd WR positions. There are 11 winnable games on the schedule...construct this team the right way (regardless of QB) and they could win 11 or 12...leave Teague or _____ at LT, Denney at LDE and Reed at 3rd WR and it will be a long year.

ScottLawrence
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
next year's schedule is not going to be easy...DB, JP or Kelly won't matter if they don't do something about the LT, LDE and 3rd WR positions. There are 11 winnable games on the schedule...construct this team the right way (regardless of QB) and they could win 11 or 12...leave Teague or _____ at LT, Denney at LDE and Reed at 3rd WR and it will be a long year.

I don't see how leaving Denney at DE and, Reed at 3rd WR really kills us.

Ebenezer
01-04-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't see how leaving Denney at DE and, Reed at 3rd WR really kills us.
I think you actually need to attend a game or watch one on TV...reading stuff on messages boards is not the way to make an opinion...

truthfully, you ever see those two play?? Denney will never be anything more than a #3 or #4 DE and although Reed can be a servicable #3 he makes too many mistakes...hell, he is barely #3 on this roster.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 12:57 PM
I think you actually need to attend a game or watch one on TV...reading stuff on messages boards is not the way to make an opinion...

truthfully, you ever see those two play?? Denney will never be anything more than a #3 or #4 DE and although Reed can be a servicable #3 he makes too many mistakes...hell, he is barely #3 on this roster.

I concur. I've watched all games this season except for the Arizona game (which I listened to on the radio. Denney had some moments but still no better than a backup at best. I'd say Reed would be more of a 4th receiver than 3rd...

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't see how leaving Denney at DE and, Reed at 3rd WR really kills us.Keep Reed. He will be better when JP is throwing to him. Reed and Moulds have been running horizontally to catch Drews passes. In the first year he was running vertically just like Evans was this year.

reed hasn't had a problem catching balls from Jp at camp. I'm telling you , it's all these schemes to help Drew get rid of the ball faster thats hurting our wr's.

Michael82
01-04-2005, 01:11 PM
I concur. I've watched all games this season except for the Arizona game (which I listened to on the radio. Denney had some moments but still no better than a backup at best. I'd say Reed would be more of a 4th receiver than 3rd...
It's time for Sam Aiken to move up to the #3 spot. :up:

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm telling you , it's all these schemes to help Drew get rid of the ball faster thats hurting our wr's.

This could very well be. I'm just saying the way Reed looked this year, he was no better than a #4 receiver...