• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Season ending stats...

2932 passing yards, 37 rushing yards.
    20 TDs, 21 Turnovers (16 Ints, 5 Fumbles Lost out of 9 total fumbles)
    76.6 qb rating

and this is a HUGE improvement coming off of last season

2860 passing yards, 29 yards rushing
    13 TDs, 25 Turnovers (15 Ints, 10 Fumbles Lost out of 15 total fumbles)
    73.0 qb rating

how much is that worth in the nfl today?

I ask this, not because i need to repeat how bad bledsoe is, but because it seems to be popular consensus that Bledsoe will be back next year. He still says it is "his team".

how many more experts can we bring in to "fix" him so that he may one day return to form and actually have more scores than turnovers.

anyone care to take a look at what other journeymen qbs make? there has to be someone out there that can play for less than 5 million a year and have more turnovers than tds, right?

I can say that i will be so completely disappointed if MM and TD decide that this kind of production is acceptable for next year. if it is, the defense will fall apart before we will every have a legit chance at post season play.

One thing that I think pitt proved on sunday.. if you can run well and play defense.. and your qb DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES.. then you can win with St. Piere, a practice squad qb, so hopefully JP will get his shot and we can move on.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
    One thing that I think pitt proved on sunday.. if you can run well and play defense.. and your qb DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES.. then you can win with St. Piere, a practice squad qb, so hopefully JP will get his shot and we can move on.
    you should capatalize all three aspects of the game...Too bad the Bills didn't do any of the three on Sunday...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• buffalofan19
      God's gift to the Zone
      • Dec 2004

2932 passing yards, 37 rushing yards.
      20 TDs, 21 Turnovers (16 Ints, 5 Fumbles Lost out of 9 total fumbles)
      76.6 qb rating

and this is a HUGE improvement coming off of last season

2860 passing yards, 29 yards rushing
      13 TDs, 25 Turnovers (15 Ints, 10 Fumbles Lost out of 15 total fumbles)
      73.0 qb rating

how much is that worth in the nfl today?

I ask this, not because i need to repeat how bad bledsoe is, but because it seems to be popular consensus that Bledsoe will be back next year. He still says it is "his team".

how many more experts can we bring in to "fix" him so that he may one day return to form and actually have more scores than turnovers.

anyone care to take a look at what other journeymen qbs make? there has to be someone out there that can play for less than 5 million a year and have more turnovers than tds, right?

I can say that i will be so completely disappointed if MM and TD decide that this kind of production is acceptable for next year. if it is, the defense will fall apart before we will every have a legit chance at post season play.

OK, the thing is though, Bryan St. Pierre attempted only one pass. He really couldn't "make mistakes" unless he maybe botched a handoff or something like that. And Tommy Maddox made a ton of mistakes. Two INT's and there should have been more. I went to the game with a good friend from Pittsburgh and said that if Cowher hadn't pulled Maddox the Bills would have run away with that game, because he was downright awful especially in the 2nd half.

As for Bledsoe, I may be the only one, but I felt that Bledsoe played alot better that last year, despite what the stats say. Even on Sunday, he made a few plays that, if it were 2003, he and the rest of the offense would have just curled up and dropped dead. An example is taht drive from the Bills' own 1 yard line that he had alot to do with. Also the deep pass to Evans, in 2003 Bledsoe would have curled up in a ball and dropped dead by then.

Alot of people will say that is not good enough, and I can understand that. I personally think that the Bills should lose him if, and only if, they can get a better replacement, one that definitely gives them a better chance to make the playoffs (and I don't think Losman is that guy, yet). But I think people seriously exaggerate as to how bad this team would be if Bledsoe is at the helm next year.
      Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
      Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
      Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
      Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
      Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
      Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Didn't St. Pierre only throw one pass?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffalofan19
          As for Bledsoe, I may be the only one, but I felt that Bledsoe played alot better that last year, despite what the stats say.
          I do agree w/ this but it wasn't good enough to get us to a playoff. Last year he stunk against bad and good teams. This year he only stunk against bad teams.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by buffalofan19
            But I think people seriously exaggerate as to how bad this team would be if Bledsoe is at the helm next year.
            I don't think we'll necessarily be bad. Under my classification, being 9-7(having a winning record) we were not a bad team this year.

HOWEVER with Bledsoe, I cannot stress enough how I believe this team will NOT be going anywhere beyond slightly above average. I don't believe Bledsoe is capable of anything more. The sooner we make a change, the sooner we find someone else who can lead the team further.

To be unable to lead the team to the playoffs and beyond IS bad in my eyes.

Comment

• buffalofan19
              God's gift to the Zone
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I do agree w/ this but it wasn't good enough to get us to a playoff. Last year he stunk against bad and good teams. This year he only stunk against bad teams.
              Right. That is true, but I think he will get even better next year. Last year,the o-line was outright lousy, and that screwed him up big time. This year the o-line got better and, in turn Bledsoe got alot better, along with help from the coaching staff. I don't think that the coaching staff is done with him, and I think the o-line will get better because I think Donahoe, knowing his history WILL address this issue, and McNally will be all the more effective in his second year with this unit. That is why I feel the Bills should replace Bledsoe only if they can get someone who they are absolutely certain is better.

I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm 19 years old and have really liked Bledsoe since he was drafted (when I was about 7 and just old enough to start being able to understand and enjoy football), and I just can't give up on him.
              Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
              Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
              Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
              Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
              Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
              Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

even if we are 9-7, i still cant say we are a good team because we did not beat anyone.. the serious defenses we played all absolutely embarrassed us..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                X