PDA

View Full Version : Jay Riemersma Has Got to Go...

BillsMan80
11-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Dave Moore is certainly as good as him and brings as much to the table for much less. Riemersma had a couple of very costly mistakes such as the tipped interception and the dropped 3rd Down Pass. Time to dump that 3 Million dollar salary.

venis2k1
11-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Jay Riemersma will take a big pay cut or will be on his way, TD will make sure of that.

BillsMan80
11-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Moore certainly does more for less. no pun intended.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 05:22 PM
The tipped pass by JR wasn't his fault. It was a bad throw and he tried to catch it. That sutff happens.

His dropped pass was pathetic though. He's made 3 million this year and caught about 10 passes. I could handle 300k per catch.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-24-2002, 05:37 PM
Reimersma hasnt been thrown to much this season. Everyone drops passes. Moulds,price,Moss even the great Jerry Rice has.

The Int want his fault i agree. Poorly thrown. He dropped a catch before half. Should have been caught.

Novacane
11-24-2002, 06:59 PM
It was his fault. He was supposed to cut out and he cut in! Interviewed on WGR55.

If he does not take a paycut to the vet min. than he should be gone and will be gone. He was on the verge of being cut this pre-season. That 2.5 mill we wasted on him sure would have looked good used on Sam Adams

colin
11-24-2002, 07:50 PM
JR is garbage, $3 mill for Ricky Dudly's white cousin, cut his ass.

BillC
11-24-2002, 07:54 PM
JR is gone, Robinson is gone, Centers is not gonna be here, save the $$ to resign price.... so we can cut his ass too!!

Ingtar33
11-24-2002, 08:17 PM
That was supposed to be a cut out... not in (you can tell by the position of the S and LB what rout should have been run); JR had a very bad game for a guy taking in more in base pay than every other TE in the league right now.

Buffarama
11-24-2002, 09:11 PM
I said he should be gone at the start of the season. We could have signed Sam Adams for the money Mr injury and dropsy gives us. He isn't near worth what he makes. He should have been a cap casualty for defensive help.
While I'm at it here, Im sure that even Gabe Northern could have made the play Edie Robinson made a fool of himself with trying to tackle the QB. Apparantly GW's good ole boy club is running strong. We have such good "teachers" for coaches, that we need a ten man lineup, and one coach on the field.

OpIv37
11-24-2002, 09:55 PM
$3 mil is a little too much for this guy- I agree- but he had a bad game. So did the rest of the team- if we cut everyone who had a bad game, we'd end up cutting everyone in the NFL over a 16 game seasons.

Drew and Moulds had bad games- why isn't anyone calling for their heads?

venis2k1
11-24-2002, 10:35 PM
The difference is Drew and Eric have good games every once in a while...i havent seen a good game out of Jay in a looooong time.

WG
11-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Dave Moore is certainly as good as him and brings as much to the table for much less. Riemersma had a couple of very costly mistakes such as the tipped interception and the dropped 3rd Down Pass. Time to dump that 3 Million dollar salary.

Excellent point 80!!

I put that in my write up as well. I have absolutely no idea why Moore isn't starting. He is infinitely more versatile b/c he can block and catch. His hands seem to be far superior to JR's. I'm not even sure JR is worth keeping around at vet-min.

In any case, we need to be starting Moore. I have a hunch this is one of those cases of "perception" that one player is better than another largely due to salary history and current salary.

Moore should be starting the rest of the way. He's a better TE. I've felt that way since we acquired him.

BillsMan80
11-25-2002, 08:31 AM
Wys, besides, it has seemed to me that Moore's "supposed" weakness which is his shaky hands have been just fine. I especially like Moore inside the red zone.