PDA

View Full Version : Bills DPoY Spikes/Fletch/Nate/Sam

juice
01-04-2005, 01:42 PM
TKO had 5 or 6 int's on the year while Fletch had about twice the Total tackles and sacks.

Nate proved to be the stud of the secondary while Sam Adams was a disruptive force in the Middle along Side Big Pat Williams, they were the one of the top tandems at DT in the League.

Spikes
Fletcher
Adams
Clements
Williams

Which of these guys were the MVP of this top 3 defense and which should be making the trip to Hawaii, deservingly and who got the Snub?

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Spikes = MVP and deservedly made Probowl.

Schobel quietly had a solid year after signing his extension. His tackles were up from 60-73. He had 8 sacks as opposed to 11.5 last year but not like its a big dropoff. He forced 5 fumbles which is way up.

jamze132
01-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I say Fletcher. The dudes a ballhawk. However he did have a lot of stupid penalties earlier in the seaon. If not him, then Spikes.

OpIv37
01-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I'd say Spikes with Fletcher and Adams tied for 2nd. Adams was so disruptive in the middle and the main reason why our rush D was so good.

OpIv37
01-04-2005, 01:57 PM
also I ruled out Nate cuz of that bonehead play against Jacksonville. He had a great season except for 2 or 3 plays, but they were huge in the long run.

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Zach made it by name just like Ruben did :couch: . Fletcher was definitely better.

EDS
01-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Takeo as he had a ton of big plays and really forces opposition offenses to account for him every snap.

juice
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
also I ruled out Nate cuz of that bonehead play against Jacksonville. He had a great season except for 2 or 3 plays, but they were huge in the long run.Nate also had the Int. return for a TD against Pitts. that should have put us into the Playoffs.. One solid drive by the offense and one good stop by the Defense would have turned the Steeler game into a solid win going into the Playoffs.

Nate also had 3 or 4 Forced Fumbles against Pitts, to negate the big fumble he had on the Punt Return.

Not that he has anymore votes than anyone else but Chris Berman said during PrimeTime that Nate should be going to the Pro Bowl.. Id definately call him a Snub.

juice
01-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Zach made it by name just like Ruben did :couch: . Fletcher was definitely better.Zack had more tackles that Fletch at the point that he got injured.

And Ruben's Led Line Opened run lanes for Henry to have Consecutive 1400 yard seasons.. Do you know how long a hole has to stay open for Henry to get into the secondary? And we have yet to find a starting LG to replace Brown.

Maybe thats why we went 0-4 when Henry was the starter.. 1 Win or even 1 rushing TD in those first 4 games might have gotten this team into the Playoffs.

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Zack had more tackles that Fletch at the point that he got injured.

And Ruben's Led Line Opened run lanes for Henry to have Consecutive 1400 yard seasons.. Do you know how long a hole has to stay open for Henry to get into the secondary? And we have yet to find a starting LG to replace Brown.

Maybe thats why we went 0-4 when Henry was the starter.. 1 Win or even 1 rushing TD in those first 4 games might have gotten this team into the Playoffs.Relax about the Ruben thing, I was justa kidding. We all know Ruben sucked. Maybe we should unite drew w/ Ruben at Chicago.:up:

Of course Zach would have more tackles. His team sucked. He hardly had half the big plays Fletch had. People were bulldozing over Zach.

juice
01-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Of course Zach would have more tackles. His team sucked. He hardly had half the big plays Fletch had. People were bulldozing over Zach.What is a Big Play and how do you keep that stat.. They were bulldozing him because the D-Line was injured and Jr got injured.

Of course he'd get blown out of the holes just like Fletch did Before TKO came.. But he don't get Blownup ANYMORE.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Maybe we should unite drew w/ Ruben at Chicago.:up:

I agree! :D

See, justa and others that think like him aren't dividers, we're uniters!
:mex:

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I agree! :D

See, justa and others that think like him aren't dividers, we're uniters!
:mex::lol:

PUCKER
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Spikes is the MVP of this D! :up:

The King
01-05-2005, 07:14 AM
Nate doesnt use his head when he plays he has become a solid corner but until he gets his head out of his ass he isnt a pro bowler or our DPOY.

Sam and Pat work hand in hand making each other better. A huge improvement getting to the QB this year. Sam is going to Hawaii and deserving, but the best thing about him was his early turn around after poor play. He really got motivated and stepped it up.

Milloy is worth mentioning here because of how clutch he was coming back after his injury. He saved Baker and McGee's asses countless times after they missed tackles, he did a great job pressuring the QB and he flat out levels guys. If he didnt miss any games he wouldve been a lock for the Pro Bowl.
**I was opposed to bringing in Milloy at the time, I always liked him but I never figured he would be worth the money. I will eat crow here he has been great, and I dont think he missed a tackle until the final game of the season.**

Spikes and Fletcher are def the #1 canidates for DPOY. Like Sam and Pat, TKO and Fletch really play off of each other well. They are both great in pass coverage and are always aware of what is happening on the field.

Stat Lines
TKO
Tackles 96 Solo 61.0 Sacks 3 INt's 5 TD's 2 Passes Df'nd 11

Fletch
Tackles 142 Solo 50.0 Sacks 3.5 INt's 0 TD's 0 Passes Df'nd 3

I love London, and he is the quiet defender who just goes out there and does his job every week, hes not a big show boat or talker. He is top 5 at his position and a huge asset to this team. BUT...... TKO is a gamebreaker, he is armed with a loud mouth and a ninja kick, he also backs it up. He fires up the defense and he avoids penalties. Takeo is top 3 at his position and he is without question our Defensive Player of the Year. Hell he should be the NFL's DPOY.