PDA

View Full Version : BLedsoe

paladin warrior
01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I hope he will look like this,because he can't run like a squrriel:stick: that Drew Bledsoe Hit on the head

Halbert
01-04-2005, 03:05 PM
If Drew in named the starter I say we hire Tayna Harding's bodyguard for a "Kerrigan Special".

jamze132
01-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Thats not very classy wanting a QB we don't like to be intentionally hurt. Drew is a great person, but his football days are behind him. He needs to say in public that JP should start and he will be there if JP gets hurt. I know Drew knows just about everything there is to being a QB in the NFL but he just can't get it done physically anymore. He would and will be a great mentor for JP or any other QB.

I assume the comment about Harding was a joke.

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 03:16 PM
If Drew in named the starter I say we hire Tayna Harding's bodyguard for a "Kerrigan Special".Since Saban and Bellichick have practically the same defensive philosophy, look for the fins to beat the crap out of us if Drew is still our QB.

buffalofan19
01-04-2005, 03:29 PM
He needs to say in public that JP should start and he will be there if JP gets hurt. .
Like Bledsoe, or any other NFL starter, is going to do that.:winkpunch

You are crazy my friend.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 03:30 PM
If Drew in named the starter I say we hire Tayna Harding's bodyguard for a "Kerrigan Special".

:shocked:

Wow, I thought you were DLC all the way, Hal!

jamze132
01-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Like Bledsoe, or any other NFL starter, is going to do that.:winkpunch

You are crazy my friend.

He is too proud to admit it. But everyone knows it should happen. He wants to come back next year and sow everyone we are wrong. But the same damn thing is gonna happen next year. If he want's this team that bad, he better throw a few more balls through hanging tires. And if he's at a Mariner's game instead of practicing, well then...I'll...arghhhh!!!!!

Halbert
01-04-2005, 08:48 PM
:shocked:

Wow, I thought you were DLC all the way, Hal!
I'm not sure what DLC is but I've always said he's "good enough", meaning he's plenty capable of being a very good caretaker QB on a team with a strong defense and good running game. He was by far the best option on a team that appeared close to being a legitimate playoff team. I never had any allegience to him, still don't. 100% logic, 0% emotion.

Well he sure wasn't good enough Sunday. He was terrible. I mean, the whole damn team was terrible (HAD to be to lose to deep depth chart guys), but he was especially bad. He did everything "bad Drew" does to lose games - holding the ball too long, short hopping open receivers, and of course getting sacked for a fumble that's returned for a TD. If he had just been "good enough" the Bills probably win the game. But he was horrible.

I'm just so incredibly disgusted with this loss. I've never been more disappointed in any Bills game, bar none. You just don't lose to backups. Considering that and what was at stake, it's the worst loss in Bills history to me. How do you possibly lose that game? It seems impossible yet it happened.

The magnitude of that failure indicates to me something fundamentally wrong with the team. BACKUPS for crying out loud. Something has to change, and the QB spot is the logical choice because my confidence in him even as a caretaker is gone.

You just don't lose to backups. You just don't. If this is "his" team then he needs to have it taken away. I am completely ready for that.

Backups. Backups. Backups. The more I say it the more incredulous it becomes. Any NFL starting squad in history should have defeated the Steelers backups who had nothing to play for when a win gets the Bills in the playoffs.

Should never have happened in literally a hundred years and since it did I want something to change.

unpaid_bills
01-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Drew is not going to give up or say someone else should start. If he does that its time to hang it up. I see nothing wrong with him saying this is his team and having confidence. Would you rather have someone like Rob Johnson who did not want to be in Buffalo at all?

JP will get his chance - if not next year very soon. Drew lead us to 9-7 after a 0-4 start. He did have some very poor games but many of those games we had total collapses in other areas as well. To me regardless of who the starter is I will root them on. Also, we really started to click the 2nd half of the season. Lee Evans, McGahee and the OL really came on. I think to just dump Drew withouth a solid vet is a silly move. That's my $0.02.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure what DLC is but I've always said he's "good enough", meaning he's plenty capable of being a very good caretaker QB on a team with a strong defense and good running game. He was by far the best option on a team that appeared close to being a legitimate playoff team. I never had any allegience to him, still don't. 100% logic, 0% emotion.

Well he sure wasn't good enough Sunday. He was terrible. I mean, the whole damn team was terrible (HAD to be to lose to deep depth chart guys), but he was especially bad. He did everything "bad Drew" does to lose games - holding the ball too long, short hopping open receivers, and of course getting sacked for a fumble that's returned for a TD. If he had just been "good enough" the Bills probably win the game. But he was horrible.

I'm just so incredibly disgusted with this loss. I've never been more disappointed in any Bills game, bar none. You just don't lose to backups. Considering that and what was at stake, it's the worst loss in Bills history to me. How do you possibly lose that game? It seems impossible yet it happened.

The magnitude of that failure indicates to me something fundamentally wrong with the team. BACKUPS for crying out loud. Something has to change, and the QB spot is the logical choice because my confidence in him even as a caretaker is gone.

You just don't lose to backups. You just don't. If this is "his" team then he needs to have it taken away. I am completely ready for that.

Backups. Backups. Backups. The more I say it the more incredulous it becomes. Any NFL starting squad in history should have defeated the Steelers backups who had nothing to play for when a win gets the Bills in the playoffs.

Should never have happened in literally a hundred years and since it did I want something to change.

Good explination and I agree with you.

Is that a first?

Phil, where's the 'Hell" sign?!

Typ0
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM

Here are some things the backups had to play for:

1) Jobs. They do not get on the field for any length of time and this was their chance to show they can cut it against a starting team. They are trying to keep their jobs and move up next season.

2) To be ready to play in the playoffs or the superbowl. This team is obviously a very high achiever. Any one or number of those players you are calling backups could end up being a playoff or superbowl MVP. They want to play hard and with heart...and they want their team to be deep and win a championship.

3) In about six weeks...we may just be looking at the steelers thinking they are just that good. Whoever they are putting on the field...they lost in week two and have won 14 straight.

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure what DLC is .Some crazy thing that the Drew bashers made up to describe those of us who openly criticize more than Drew

The King
01-05-2005, 06:46 AM
I feel like Drew will be ok in 2005. He can run the offense and it will be great for Losman to have 1 full season under a guy who is probably one of the more knowledgable players in the game. With the entire offense knowing the scheme now we wont have a 1-5 start, and looking back at this year I waive everyones faults in the first three games. The team did rally around Drew late this season and I am confident they will next year, but if there is no confidence or any locker room hostility I think you have to give JP the nod for better or worse. But putting the team out there with a guy they dont believe in could be a trainwreck.

Drew will not be part of the Bills organization as a back up, so we will know before the start of the season who our starter will be. Drew has too much pride to let this happen also Ralph wont let it happen...much like Kraft wouldnt. Let JP get one more year and continue to bring him in in the 4th let him throw a few get him involved in some games, but I still think Bledsoe will be the guy to get us to the playoffs next year not Losman.

You all may crucify me if you'd like but that is just my stance on it. And if we give JP the nod then I will be excited to see what the kid has but I will hope we sign a solid backup, because I am not entirely convinced that his frantic running style wont get him killed, and one thing I can gurantee is he will not be able to take some of the shots Drew took.