View Full Version : Here it IS

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 02:44 PM
http://bills.scout.com/2/337676.html

Bills Can’t Dig Deep Vs. Steeler 2nd & 3rd Teams
By Mark Weiler
Date: Jan 4, 2005

In a Sentence:
Apparently “BILLIEVE”-ing just didn’t cut it!

Perhaps sitting in a big circle outside the stadium in a massive rendition of Kumbaya may do it. The lessons from this game are that talent on the lines is required for NFL teams to be successful. NFL conventional wisdom spanked “Tommy Ball”, yet again, out of the Ralph on Sunday. It should be a while before Commander Tom can sit comfortably.

In the Bills most important game of the season, largely vs. Steeler 2nd-teamers and even 3rd-teamers the offense stunk the joint up. While fans and media will wonder why a team that can average in the 30s for points over six weeks cannot put up a decent performance to a team essentially playing for little, the reasons why cannot be more glaring. They have been stated over and over again well into past seasons now.

Game Grades:

QB: D- Humpty + Big Game vs. Excellent Defense = DISASTER

He makes Cynical look like a Lover. :snicker:

juice
01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
There are lots of Haters here.. They post alot more when the team Loses.

Weiler was a Hero to these guys.

bills_phan
01-04-2005, 02:52 PM
To think that Rob Johnson was run out of town for as much on a team not coming close to matching the tools that Humpty has at his disposal.
The true Wyswings comes shining through. I can't get through all of this POS article. I think I'm gonna be sick! :sick:

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
The true Wyswings comes shining through. I can't get through all of this POS article. I think I'm gonna be sick! :sick: The truth hurts as much as the length of his articles.

Philagape
01-04-2005, 03:04 PM
OK, I'll start reading it now. My next post will be sometime in April probably. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
01-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I truly believe that some people would rather see Drew fail than the Bills succed. In other words, they hate Bledsoe more than they love the Bills. Sick.

justasportsfan
01-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I truly believe that some people would rather see Drew fail than the Bills succed. In other words, they hate Bledsoe more than they love the Bills. Sick.Depends on what your defenition os success is. If it's making playoffs or a sb then ,anyone who wants the bills to succeed should want Drew out of here.

jamze132
01-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I don't think that anyone here hates the Bills or Drew. Maybe some of us love them too much. Everyone has there own way of expressing there anger for what has happened to our team. You can still support Drew and not want him to be the starter. I would love nothing more for Drew than for him to win a Superbowl with the Bills. But we all know it ain't happening. It may not happen with JP either, but we have to try. What we are doing now is not working.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I truly believe that some people would rather see Drew fail than the Bills succed. In other words, they hate Bledsoe more than they love the Bills. Sick.

I want Drew out because nothing he has done has led me to believe the Bills can succeed with him as the starter. By succeed, I mean winning the Superbowl. I think you read too much into this opinion. As I've vehemently said, I'd love for Bledsoe to PROVE ME WRONG. Nothing would make me happier than him guiding us to a Superbowl victory, I just do not think it's reality.

Drive 4 Five
01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Man that was brutal. I could not even finish reading it. You know who his writing style reminds me of? The Bears. Speaking of which, I have not seen them in some time. Could it be that Mark is the mastermind behind the Bears and the reason there have been no sightings is because he was working so hard putting together this masterpiece?

BAM
01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
:deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring: :deadhorse: :boring:

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Man that was brutal. I could not even finish reading it. You know who his writing style reminds me of? The Bears. Speaking of which, I have not seen them in some time. Could it be that Mark is the mastermind behind the Bears and the reason there have been no sightings is because he was working so hard putting together this masterpiece?

I was the Pink Bear (I am your Father! :chuckle:)as a spoof to the Black Bear, who just pulled ANYTHING out to comment on no matter how out of left field it was. Sorry your conspiracy theory won't hold up.
:rofl:

As far as the "Hater" issue goes, I think some people find it easier to slap the "Hater" label on someone rather than understand their viewpoint because it differs from their own.

I know I've found it easier to slap the "DLC" label on, cuz I can't figure out why some people still defend Drew! :rofl: Well, I can partially understand, I suppose I just agree to disagree.

Labels are also fun as long as you don't take it personal.
:mex:

Drive 4 Five
01-04-2005, 05:40 PM
I was the Pink Bear (I am your Father! :chuckle:)as a spoof to the Black Bear, who just pulled ANYTHING out to comment on no matter how out of left field it was. Sorry your conspiracy theory won't hold up.

As far as the "Hater" issue goes, I think some people find it easier to slap the "Hater" label on someone rather than understand their viewpoint because it differs from their own.

I know I've found it easier to slap the "DLC" label on, cuz I can't figure out why some people still defend Drew! :rofl: Well, I can partially understand, I suppose I just agree to disagree.

Seriously!? You were the Pink Bear?

The Pink Bear
01-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Seriously!? You were the Pink Bear?
Yes I was.

..and don't think I didn't see the mother comment.
;)

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Seriously!? You were the Pink Bear? I am a little confused about one thing. How can you be my father when I am banging your mother? :peace:

...cuz I saws it!
:chuckle:

Drive 4 Five
01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
...cuz I saws it!

:clap: Ahhh man. Busted. But I took it back.

Dozerdog
01-04-2005, 10:47 PM

My only problem with the labels is that if some folks aren't 100% behind the "Throw Bledsoe under the Bus campaign" (Basically- those who spread the blame around the whole team rather than one guy) then they are in some people's eyes "Lovers".

I like to think I'm objective enough to take the whole picture in when evaluating our QB.

I also try to avoid the stupid statistical comparisons- because when people use them they always mold whatever stats they come up with to their argument.

Weiler and others would pull all sorts of stats out of their asses- but not give you a "controlled sample" to compare to.

For example- Weiler's more famous use was "Bledsoe's record vs winning teams". It's quite useless unless you have something to compare it to- like every other QB's records vs winning teams. I'm sure you will find a small handfull who have a good record vs winning teams- but you will find out the majority do lose- otherwise they wouldn't be winning teams in the first place.

Iehoshua
01-04-2005, 11:12 PM
My only problem with the labels is that if some folks aren't 100% behind the "Throw Bledsoe under the Bus campaign"

http://teamtakeo.com/bledbus.jpg

Yeah the campaign has already begun, I'm the manager...

:jk:

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 03:04 AM
My only problem with the labels is that if some folks aren't 100% behind the "Throw Bledsoe under the Bus campaign" (Basically- those who spread the blame around the whole team rather than one guy) then they are in some people's eyes "Lovers".

I like to think I'm objective enough to take the whole picture in when evaluating our QB.

I also try to avoid the stupid statistical comparisons- because when people use them they always mold whatever stats they come up with to their argument.

Weiler and others would pull all sorts of stats out of their asses- but not give you a "controlled sample" to compare to.

For example- Weiler's more famous use was "Bledsoe's record vs winning teams". It's quite useless unless you have something to compare it to- like every other QB's records vs winning teams. I'm sure you will find a small handfull who have a good record vs winning teams- but you will find out the majority do lose- otherwise they wouldn't be winning teams in the first place.
:10:

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 07:29 AM

I've been objective for the most part too.

Our D is no.2 Some of the teams that made playoffs don't even come close when it comes to our D. They may have choked at times but as far as the entire season goes, they were awsome.

Our ST is no. 1. It's scored, it got us great field position. Best ST team for as long as I can rememeber.

Our running game. We may not be dominating but Willis who for all intensive purposes is a rookie on the field. NO ONE doubts that he was a HUGE ASSET. OUr OL did a better job.

Our passing game. For the last 2 1/2 years has been below average. It's proven to beat weak teams. WHO leads this passing offense for the past 2 years? Before you blame the OL that's gotten better, Flutie had NO OL and we made playoffs in his 1st year. . I don't care what you guys say, he's a better field General dan Drew is. We made playoffs twice we haven't made playoffs w/ this qb in 3 years.

OUr passing game is the weakest link on this O with that being said, the QB position is the weakest position on this passing game.

Obviously, I won't get a 10 from Phil. That's okay, because I'm right :D.

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I've been objective for the most part too. More objective than some...which is why you were never labeled with the others :;

and as far as the rest of your post, I can't find much fault with it at all. :up:

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
More objective than some...which is why you were never labeled with the others :;

and as far as the rest of your post, I can't find much fault with it at all. :up:See I told you guys, I wouldn't get a 10.

As far as your agreeing w/ me, nust be a New Years resolution :D

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Your post wasn't THAT good, c'mon :;

Typ0
01-06-2005, 01:29 AM

That gets me about the way people use stats too. I'm pretty seasoned with a good research backround...and people really don't get it when it comes to using stats. Stats don't tell a story...they are only indicators of what might or might not be true. Around here, I get the feeling people have an opinion and then go out and conveniently find some stats that support their opinion. Weiler is so good at this :snicker: and he even massages the stats around only to reflect his opinion. But thats not how it works. You formulate a problem or question...and then you assemble ALL of the relevant statistics that will help you ferret out the solution or answer...then you LISTEN to what ALL of the stats are telling you--you don't just ignore the ones that don't make your point.

I administered a research study for a company once, I could have looked at the statistical results and patted them on the back for doing such a great job...they would have been happy and probably given me more perks or a bonus because they were so happy. In a lot of ways the stats indicated they were doing a great job. But I had to listen...and what I heard was their core product was a dog and if they didn't enter another market they were going to be out of business within the decade. I had another friend, based on his numbers, I told him to close his business and cut his losses or he would never get out of debt. It's not easy to listen to things you don't want to hear...but if people are going to use statistics for anything constructive you have to be very open minded and hear what they are telling you. You also have to understand that statistics are a way to measure something...but they aren't neccessarily always right about something especially when people admit such bias into the statistics in the ways they are used. Look at the $$$ nielsen spends to limit sampling bias as much as possible!

I think I'm pretty objective...might as well be an amigo I guess...LOL

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Versus top 10 scoring defenses this season Humpty has tossed 5 TDs and had 12 turnovers with 2 of those TDs having come in the second game vs. the Jets. He has a completion percentage in those games of 56.7% and has averaged 176 yards passing and three sacks per game.

Well, this train came a rollin’ into the station right on time! Humpty crossed the finish line at a par 53.3% complete, 189 yards, 3 sacks for 18 yards, and two turnovers, one going for a TD and fortunate to not have been six overall. Like it or not, this is the reality of Drew. I don't think Wys is the best writer by any stretch, and yes he may be fixated on Drew, but that is because he is the biggest problem on the team. Hopefully Drew gets cut for not only the Bills' sake, but for the rest of you who hate to read (or ignore) his posts.

Although I have a sneaking suspicion he will find and lock onto another target regardless. :;

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 02:23 AM
The truth hurts as much as the length of his articles.
Si Amigo. :mex:

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 02:30 AM
I've been objective for the most part too.

Our D is no.2 Some of the teams that made playoffs don't even come close when it comes to our D. They may have choked at times but as far as the entire season goes, they were awsome.

Our ST is no. 1. It's scored, it got us great field position. Best ST team for as long as I can rememeber.

Our running game. We may not be dominating but Willis who for all intensive purposes is a rookie on the field. NO ONE doubts that he was a HUGE ASSET. OUr OL did a better job.

Our passing game. For the last 2 1/2 years has been below average. It's proven to beat weak teams. WHO leads this passing offense for the past 2 years? Before you blame the OL that's gotten better, Flutie had NO OL and we made playoffs in his 1st year. . I don't care what you guys say, he's a better field General dan Drew is. We made playoffs twice we haven't made playoffs w/ this qb in 3 years.

OUr passing game is the weakest link on this O with that being said, the QB position is the weakest position on this passing game.

Obviously, I won't get a 10 from Phil. That's okay, because I'm right :D. But you'll get a :10: from me!

Good post. Basically the team as a whole is on the right track. And yes, I will give TD credit if we in fact do make the playoffs next year. BUT, I will give him -5,000,000 rep if he keeps Drew because that will be a terrible move, right up there with GW. He drafted JP. He has the chance to redeem himself. I just can't imagine his ego being that huge that he will try for a 4th year to try and prove he was right about Drew. Even he has to see the light at this point. The team is leaving the station of Mediocre City. It needs to leave Drew behind to get to the next station of Contenderville.

mybills
01-06-2005, 07:38 AM
I don't know if I'm labled a hater, but I've *****ed about other players and they got better. Teague is one of them, and I *****ed big time.
I don't do stats..I think they're useless for the most part. I've always been a visual fan, and I have never seen anything I like from Drew. He sucked in NE, and I didn't want him here. He's the only one I've *****ed about that HASN'T gotten better. He won't get better. Wys knew that from the get go. So our future is JP. He sat out for the year for two reasons. Injury and learning. His injury is over, and I'm sure he's learned what NOT to do. It's time to give the kid a chance to shine or bust. I need to see what he can do..as a visual fan. So far, I've seen him hand off..big whoop..I need to see more! I've seen Blindsoe. I don't care if I ever see him again. Start JP!

Typ0
01-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Drew was the best choice when he was brought here...and has remained the best choice for a couple seasons. It would have been nice if his contract wasn't so heafty...but so be it. You give that to someone because you want to pump them up. It didn't work. It's very questionable whether or not Bledsoe is the best choice going forward...I guess the availability of QBs will tell that story.

Nighthawk
01-06-2005, 06:44 PM
There are lots of Haters here.. They post alot more when the team Loses.

Weiler was a Hero to these guys.

Trust me, I don't like to read his stuff, but only an idiot would believe the Bills could win the SB with Bledsoe playing QB. You people can stick to your guns about how Bledsoe can play, but I've changed my mind and I realize that he just can't get it done. There is nothing to argue...that is a fact! Those of you who think differently are just fooling yourself.

juice
01-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Trust me, I don't like to read his stuff, but only an idiot would believe the Bills could win the SB with Bledsoe playing QB. You people can stick to your guns about how Bledsoe can play, but I've changed my mind and I realize that he just can't get it done. There is nothing to argue...that is a fact! Those of you who think differently are just fooling yourself.Why root against the Starting QB, its the coaches decision who gets the start.. If there is a problem with Personnel then it should be taken up with the Staff.

Haters are the posters who have nothing positive to say when the team plays well and executes, like against the Seahawks.. and when the entire team plays poorly(like against Pitts), they start 100 Hate threads about whoever the QB is.

Take your issues up with the staff and root for the team to win.. Not hope and pray for them to lose.