PDA

View Full Version : The NFL has a new ******* to love

Bill Brasky
01-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Clinton Portis. I love it. Just 2 weeks ago I thought Pennington was at the top of the tier of douchebags walkin around the NFL for that sweet speech he gave. Then Mike Martz finally arrived and started goin all sorts of crazy. Randy Moss got pissed sunday cuz he wasn't considered a badass anymore and took it back by walking off the field, THEN about an hour later Shawn Alexander stepped in and said "I guess since I'm not the leading rusher I guess I could turn into a dickhead and make everyone mad at me and win at at least something in my life" and now Portis has topped him, this is classic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1958787

BAM
01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
hahah that's hilarious. A guy I work with told me today he saw Clinton Portis at the airport on his way home from Boston this weekend. He said he rolled right up to him and started talking football with him. Said he seemed like a pretty cool guy but was visibly intoxicated in some way or another. :chuckle:

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey, I give the guy credit. He gave fair warning that he is going to live his life and party. Why shouldn't he? As long as he is professional on the field and respects the game, he has the right to do whatever he wants (legally, of course) on his own time.

IMO, the King A**hole crown is still firmly planted on TO's head.

Bill Brasky
01-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey, I give the guy credit. He gave fair warning that he is going to live his life and party. Why shouldn't he? As long as he is professional on the field and respects the game, he has the right to do whatever he wants (legally, of course) on his own time.

IMO, the King A**hole crown is still firmly planted on TO's head.

I don't know, Randy Moss is a ****ing badass, man. Nothing can top running over a meter maid.

DaBills
01-04-2005, 08:23 PM
"Clinton Portis. I love it. ...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1958787"

lol. I bet his agent is going "oh ****" right about now.

Turf
01-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I fail to see what he said wrong to initiate this type of response. All he said was he was going to live his life and he was stressed out. Maybe he plays chess naked. Where's the drug and booze implication? Just wondering.

DaBills
01-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I fail to see what he said wrong to initiate this type of response. All he said was he was going to live his life and he was stressed out. Maybe he plays chess naked. Where's the drug and booze implication? Just wondering.

"If y'all see me in the news, and I make the news for something that I ain't got no business making it for, don't bash me. Say it was a young guy living."

It might be just me, but I really doubt it's gonna' be chess, (naked or otherwise), that he has no business making the news for.

Typ0
01-04-2005, 08:56 PM
I think it's a dig against the drug testing policy and shows support for RW, another running back who made a statement that he was going to live his life outside bounds of the NFL. I see as much of a political statement in this comment as anything else. What exactly is the drug policy anyway? Do these guys get tested in the offseason?

Bill Brasky
01-06-2005, 08:01 PM
What exactly is the drug policy anyway? Do these guys get tested in the offseason?

I'd like to know myself. They never really give any details.