PDA

View Full Version : What u Want Done this offseason

B-DON
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Its time to get over the pitt loss and realize that we had a fairly good season and all we need is a couple of tweeks and we could be on our way to glory days of past. We are pretty sure bledsoe is going to be the qb so besides bledsoe what else would u like this team do in the offseason to improve. I for one want to see an elite o-lineman come our way. Im not sure who's all a free agent but someone here has gotta know. what do u want to see for the draft and what about henry? just wanted to see what u guys would do if u were in td's shoes.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2005, 07:18 AM
We need some O line help, particularly if Jennings departs. I'm not sold on Posey, so I'd like to see us look at a Strongside LB. McGee isn't quite ready at CB, so we probably should add a veteran there - leaving Vincent at safety, which is where he belongs at this stage in his career.

I could also see a good backup RB and perhaps a WR to give us a little more depth.

Unlike some, I'm happy with our TEs - I think Euhus could develop into a very good player.

Sam and Pat are getting a little long in the tooth, but if we re-sign Pat, I think we're OK there for now, with Edwards developing and assuming Anderson can give us something.

Oh, and a better place kicker would be good.

OpIv37
01-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Absolute necessities:
1. Kicker
2. O-line, especially if we lose Jennings
3. Solid pass rusher
4. Re-sign Williams
5. Restructure Moulds' contract

Wish List-these things would definitely help but I think we could get by without them:
Legit threat for 3rd WR, backup RB (Williams and Burns are OK for 3rd down and mop-up duty, but I don't think they could start if Willis gets injured), TE (although I'm not ready to give up on Euhus or Campbell just yet).

I wouldn't mind keeping Posey, but I won't shed any tears if he's replaced.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 07:31 AM
OL!OL!OL!OL!

And a better DE.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2005, 07:37 AM
OL!OL!OL!OL! And a better DE.Kicker. I would consider Nugent in the 2nd. This is not a deep draft and it might be the time to solve this kicker issue.

Depth on the O-line, if possible. If Jennings leaves (I think he will) will Big Mike move to the left? Price for a year? Somebody else? Will McFarland be ready?

Depth at RB.

If Drew goes a veteran QB.

I like Posey and think he is fine. Not alot of money and steady play. He looks weak next to Spikes and Fletch, but who would not?

Maybe something along the D-line, but Kelsay's play was encouraging.

The King
01-05-2005, 07:38 AM
1. kicker needs to be #1 priority.

2.I also think we need a a successor to Josh Reed because I see no reason to keep him around after his contract expires this year.

3. Moulds restructuring is a must and an unlikely. I would try to shop him around because I dont see him restructuring at all.

4. I think we need a quicker TE we have 3 with all the same strengths and a 4th who is a backup lineman. With Losman eventually taking over be it this year or next our offense is going to move a bit quicker we need a TE to accomidate that.

5. Address Travis Henry, I dont know what to do with him but something will probably have to be done. I would love him as a backup but if he has value now is the time to capitalize.

6. RE-Sign fat Pat

7. Draft the best players available. Address the Oline but we can afford to take the best players on the board this year DO IT!

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Kicker.

I Depth at RB.

If Drew goes a veteran QB.

Maybe something along the D-line, but Kelsay's play was encouraging.

If we get stud FA OL, our kicker won't be kicking from 40 yds out.

Shaud Williams will do better w/ a better OL.

Drew will still make bonehead throws but at least he won't be pressured as much.

Kelsay was encouraging but that isn't enough especially since Shoebel's pass rush was disappointing this year. We need someone to push them both so we don't have to keep blitzing teams and our pass coverage get's better.

We have two Phil Hansen's (I'm being very generous) but a Bruce Smith would be better.