PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pendry

NJFINSFAN1
01-05-2005, 07:26 AM
What can you guys tell me about him, rumor is he may be the Fin's OC, I know he was with the Bills from 1998 to 2000.

I know the name just not much about him.

FTG
01-05-2005, 07:40 AM
What can you guys tell me about him, rumor is he may be the Fin's OC, .

:dance: :clap: :snicker: Does that answer your question?

OpIv37
01-05-2005, 07:43 AM
I don't remember much specifically, but I do know that when he was here, the Bills had a dominant defense and crappy QB's, so he's familiar with the Dolphin's current situation....

Tatonka
01-05-2005, 07:43 AM
he sucked for us.. but we didnt have a rb that suited the style of offense that he tried to employ.. he is pretty much a run on every down and see what happens when the dust settles type OC.

THATHURMANATOR
01-05-2005, 08:15 AM
I remember him being horrible.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2005, 08:19 AM
he sucked for us.. but we didnt have a rb that suited the style of offense that he tried to employ.. he is pretty much a run on every down and see what happens when the dust settles type OC.
Yeah, his offense was bland to say the least, and he could never develop a system that matched his personnel.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
But if he were to get Ricky back. . .

TigerJ
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
He was one of a string of OCs that we hated, really hated, here in Bills country. Some of those OCs went on to have at least credible stints in other cities. I don't know what Pendry has been doing since we tarred and feathered him here. I just know that Bills fans will be thrilled if he ends up in Miami.

:pray: :clap: :dance:

Tatonka
01-05-2005, 08:31 AM
i think he ended up doing decent in carolina.

Michael82
01-05-2005, 08:47 AM
:lolpoint: :(Phin fans

Bills Fans = :dance: :dance: :dance: :jam: :party:

nolimit
01-05-2005, 09:47 AM

i'm pretty sure he was carolinas oc before ours. i think :scratch:

Ickybaluky
01-05-2005, 11:04 AM

He is currently coaching the OL for Houston. He was OC and QBs coach for Dom Capers in Carolina, and Capers hired him in Houston this year. He was OC for the Bills after Carolina.

He was OC for Marty Shottenheimer in KC before going to Carolina. He worked as RB coach for Shottenheimer in Cleveland before that. He was an OC in the USFL under Jim Mora.

Pendry is a power-run guy whose philosophy fits with guys like Capers, Shottenheimer and Mora. They are all defensive coaches who like the play conservative and run the ball a lot on offense. That is pretty much what you can expect.

TigerJ
01-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Interestingly, Marty Schottenheimer officially abandoned "Marty Ball" this year feeling he could not win with it in the league any more. I wonder if Pendry can change.

*Marty Ball - power running game with little or no imagination, like Joe Pendry coaches.

NJFINSFAN1
01-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks, I have my concerns with him, but Saban seems to have his head on straight. Can't be any worse then Wannys offense!

Ickybaluky
01-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks, I have my concerns with him, but Saban seems to have his head on straight. Can't be any worse then Wannys offense!

Just because he is a run-oriented, conservative coach doesn't mean he is a bad one. There have been successful guys in this mold, like Dan Henning (now with Carolina) and Ron Erhardt (Giants and Steelers).

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Henning sucked with us...was dedicated to a 2-TE offense with the likes of Lonnie Johnson, Tony Cline, and Rob Coons. :ill: Jay Riemersma hadn't started coming on just yet

Turf
01-05-2005, 09:02 PM
We can only Hope Pendry becomes the Dolphins OC.

UCFWithdrew
01-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Its being reported in the Palm Beach Post that Saban has many guys infront of Pendry for the job, its just that they are almost all in the playoffs right now.