X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

If Bledsoe starts next year......

Lets say Drew is the starter and we finish 10-6, get a wild card an lose our first playoff game.

Are you Drew supporters gonna say He should come back in 06 because we made the playoffs and if we go with a young guy we won't make the playoffs again in 06
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

it is too early to think about this.. i feel sick.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

no. nothing less than the Conference or Super Bowl if he comes back. We'd be good enough to make it, the only thing that would stop us is if Drew became Buffalo Bill Drew and not Patriot Drew.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Yeah I would not be happy with just a wildcard, but a lot of things go into it. If Drew throws for 4,000 yards and isnt at fault for the playoff loss obviously some consideration goes into keeping him. But if he is just utilized like he was this year then its Losmans time and almost no matter what in 06' I will be pushing for Losman. But if Bledsoe has a banner year obviously other things would be considered.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
          Lets say Drew is the starter and we finish 10-6, get a wild card an lose our first playoff game.

Are you Drew supporters gonna say He should come back in 06 because we made the playoffs and if we go with a young guy we won't make the playoffs again in 06
          Saban and his Bellichick D philosophy is going to kill Drew. The fins are no longer going to be pushovers. I wouldn't be surprised if he outcoaches us. That 10-6 could be 8-8.

It's easy to outcoach the bills. Just do what every team does, stop Willis DARE DREW TO BEAT YOU W/ HIS ARM.

But Alas, I have the answer. Bench Drew when we play strong teams. There's 50-50 chance Either JP or the other qb will be better. 50-50 is better than zero which is what we get w/ Drew. It's a FACT people.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FTG

1) You'd have to heavily favor NE for the division going into next year would you not? They are loaded at every position, have the top coach, and are in relatively good shape cap wise. Can you see the Bills being able to bridge the talent gap between us and them before next year? It's more than QB. Unless you disagree, a wild card would be our only option for the playoffs.

2) 10-6 probably doesn't earn a home game for the playoffs. So if we won, in all likelihood it's an upset over whoever.

So the bottom line is: will the TEAM be good enough to do better than 10-6? We'll have to see what the makeup of the TEAM is. Did this year's Bills team underachieve at 9-7? Overall, with a new coaching staff I think that we did about as well as we should have. It's a tough, tough league. The Pitt game showed we're not there yet but a couple additions to the OL, a kicker, maybe another receiver....man it's going to be a LONG offseason.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              it is too early to think about this.. i feel sick.
              Thank you!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG

The only reason I want DB to start is because I think he gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs in 2005 (I never said JP CAN'T take us to the playoffs). 2005 should be DBs last year with the Bills regardless the outcome. If they go 10-6 then the rest of the team should be stable enough and have learned to win such that the transition to JP is easy and quick. I don't want to get into a situation where JP is inserted and it takes two years or more for this team to go 9-7 again. Making the playoffs in 2005 and bringing JP in at the start of 2006 gives us the best chance of staying at a playoff level. That might mean missing the playoffs in 2006 but making them again in 2007.

That being said, as I said earlier DB starts 2005 and if after 6 games the team is not 4-2 or better then he gets benched. If the team and fans truly don't care about making the playoffs in 2005 then by all means start JP. Then, if they make the playoffs in 2005, it's gravy. I don't see where starting DB for 6 games ******s the development of JP unless it is truly thought that JP can start the season and take the team to the playoffs.

The benefit of my scenario is that JP would get 10 games to develop if the Bills crap the bed out the chute next year...if they don't crap the bed then there is a great likelihood they make the playoffs---this is the same philosophy I had with GW after the team went 8-8 in 2002 and as we saw, he should have been fired after the first 6 games of 2003.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                  • May 2003

I don't think I can handle another wasted season of Drew Bledsoe starting at quarterback. I hope to God that J.P. was paying attention this season and wins that starting job this summer. We are going nowhere with Drew at the helm.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I don't understand why we should not start Losman in 05'. If Drew starts and we make the playoffs, what do we do in 06'? Start a 35 year old QB who can't win the big game while the possible future rides the pine? Losman may not be able to jump right into the position and get us back to the playoffs in his first year, but why not get a head start on his learning curve and start him next year. Our defense isn't getting any younger and I would hate to miss a chance at a superbowl with the defense we have now.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                      • Jan 2004

Why not try and trade for a veteran QB that the team he is currently on doesn't want him any more?

(Steve McNair?, Rick Gannon?, Brad Johnson?)

Say we got somebody like Rich Gannon, There would be no need for a discussion like this, as I think we would be Superbowl contendor right away with Gannon, who would probably only play in the league one more year.
                      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

When will we know if we're starting the bum or the babe?
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DaBills
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          That being said, as I said earlier DB starts 2005 and if after 6 games the team is not 4-2 or better then he gets benched.
                          The scary thing is, we went 0-4 THIS year and MM stuck with him. If they even go 3-3 by game 6 next year, MM will consider that a success story and definietly keep him in.

Hopefully this is a non-partisan-QB-what side are you on type-thing question:

Forgetting Drew was our QB, what NFL team signs a 1st round QB and gives him practically zero PT going into year 2? We could have Favre out there for us, but sooner or later, your draft pick has to get some PT to develop.

Someone tell Ralph the days of waiting 3 years for a rook to sit and watch are over. To put it in perspective, both RJ and Drew 'looked good' in 'camp' too.
                          “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            The only reason I want DB to start is because I think he gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs in 2005 (I never said JP CAN'T take us to the playoffs).
                            No one has ever come up w/ a valid reason to say that Drew gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs. You wanna reach the playoffs, let Drew hand the ball off. JP can do that too.

To reach the playoffs you have to win the easy schedules. Bills can do that w/ Drew at qb. You have to beat a few good teams. Bills CAN't do that w/ Drew at qb. We play in the hardest division in the NFL. The Jets will be better and so will the Fins.

I just don't know how you guys can be so patient as bills fans. The longer we play Drew the longer it will take for us to move on and get JP the experience he needs. This team has been mediocre at best w/ Drew. We had 4 stupid years w/ Rob, some people just don't learn.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBills
                              The scary thing is, we went 0-4 THIS year and MM stuck with him. If they even go 3-3 by game 6 next year, MM will consider that a success story and definietly keep him in.

Hopefully this is a non-partisan-QB-what side are you on type-thing question:

Forgetting Drew was our QB, what NFL team signs a 1st round QB and gives him practically zero PT going into year 2? We could have Favre out there for us, but sooner or later, your draft pick has to get some PT to develop.

Someone tell Ralph the days of waiting 3 years for a rook to sit and watch are over. To put it in perspective, both RJ and Drew 'looked good' in 'camp' too.
                              Losman was injured or maybe he would have been an option after 0-4...I would have put him in after the NE debacle...but, now that the Bills have done what they have (resigned DB before 2004, kept him after 0-4, kept him after 3-6, went 9-7) how do you pull him out...what message does that send to the vets??

Sam Gash was on the radio this morning and said that vets would start to question coaching if they made a replacement after that and that few vets would have confidence in a kid who came in after JPs rookie season (being hurt, little practice, little game time)...

The Bills made their bed and regrettably there is little they can do.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X