PDA

View Full Version : If Bledsoe starts next year......

FTG
01-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Lets say Drew is the starter and we finish 10-6, get a wild card an lose our first playoff game.

Are you Drew supporters gonna say He should come back in 06 because we made the playoffs and if we go with a young guy we won't make the playoffs again in 06

Tatonka
01-05-2005, 07:38 AM
it is too early to think about this.. i feel sick.

Jayhawk
01-05-2005, 07:39 AM
no. nothing less than the Conference or Super Bowl if he comes back. We'd be good enough to make it, the only thing that would stop us is if Drew became Buffalo Bill Drew and not Patriot Drew.

The King
01-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Yeah I would not be happy with just a wildcard, but a lot of things go into it. If Drew throws for 4,000 yards and isnt at fault for the playoff loss obviously some consideration goes into keeping him. But if he is just utilized like he was this year then its Losmans time and almost no matter what in 06' I will be pushing for Losman. But if Bledsoe has a banner year obviously other things would be considered.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Lets say Drew is the starter and we finish 10-6, get a wild card an lose our first playoff game.

Are you Drew supporters gonna say He should come back in 06 because we made the playoffs and if we go with a young guy we won't make the playoffs again in 06Saban and his Bellichick D philosophy is going to kill Drew. The fins are no longer going to be pushovers. I wouldn't be surprised if he outcoaches us. That 10-6 could be 8-8.

It's easy to outcoach the bills. Just do what every team does, stop Willis DARE DREW TO BEAT YOU W/ HIS ARM.

But Alas, I have the answer. Bench Drew when we play strong teams. There's 50-50 chance Either JP or the other qb will be better. 50-50 is better than zero which is what we get w/ Drew. It's a FACT people.

finsrclowns
01-05-2005, 08:13 AM

Are you Drew supporters gonna say He should come back in 06 because we made the playoffs and if we go with a young guy we won't make the playoffs again in 06

1) You'd have to heavily favor NE for the division going into next year would you not? They are loaded at every position, have the top coach, and are in relatively good shape cap wise. Can you see the Bills being able to bridge the talent gap between us and them before next year? It's more than QB. Unless you disagree, a wild card would be our only option for the playoffs.

2) 10-6 probably doesn't earn a home game for the playoffs. So if we won, in all likelihood it's an upset over whoever.

So the bottom line is: will the TEAM be good enough to do better than 10-6? We'll have to see what the makeup of the TEAM is. Did this year's Bills team underachieve at 9-7? Overall, with a new coaching staff I think that we did about as well as we should have. It's a tough, tough league. The Pitt game showed we're not there yet but a couple additions to the OL, a kicker, maybe another receiver....man it's going to be a LONG offseason. :tired:

THATHURMANATOR
01-05-2005, 08:14 AM
it is too early to think about this.. i feel sick.

Thank you!

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 09:21 AM

The only reason I want DB to start is because I think he gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs in 2005 (I never said JP CAN'T take us to the playoffs). 2005 should be DBs last year with the Bills regardless the outcome. If they go 10-6 then the rest of the team should be stable enough and have learned to win such that the transition to JP is easy and quick. I don't want to get into a situation where JP is inserted and it takes two years or more for this team to go 9-7 again. Making the playoffs in 2005 and bringing JP in at the start of 2006 gives us the best chance of staying at a playoff level. That might mean missing the playoffs in 2006 but making them again in 2007.

That being said, as I said earlier DB starts 2005 and if after 6 games the team is not 4-2 or better then he gets benched. If the team and fans truly don't care about making the playoffs in 2005 then by all means start JP. Then, if they make the playoffs in 2005, it's gravy. I don't see where starting DB for 6 games ******s the development of JP unless it is truly thought that JP can start the season and take the team to the playoffs.

The benefit of my scenario is that JP would get 10 games to develop if the Bills crap the bed out the chute next year...if they don't crap the bed then there is a great likelihood they make the playoffs---this is the same philosophy I had with GW after the team went 8-8 in 2002 and as we saw, he should have been fired after the first 6 games of 2003.

Drive 4 Five
01-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't think I can handle another wasted season of Drew Bledsoe starting at quarterback. I hope to God that J.P. was paying attention this season and wins that starting job this summer. We are going nowhere with Drew at the helm.

jamze132
01-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't understand why we should not start Losman in 05'. If Drew starts and we make the playoffs, what do we do in 06'? Start a 35 year old QB who can't win the big game while the possible future rides the pine? Losman may not be able to jump right into the position and get us back to the playoffs in his first year, but why not get a head start on his learning curve and start him next year. Our defense isn't getting any younger and I would hate to miss a chance at a superbowl with the defense we have now.

ScottLawrence
01-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Why not try and trade for a veteran QB that the team he is currently on doesn't want him any more?

(Steve McNair?, Rick Gannon?, Brad Johnson?)

Say we got somebody like Rich Gannon, There would be no need for a discussion like this, as I think we would be Superbowl contendor right away with Gannon, who would probably only play in the league one more year.

mybills
01-05-2005, 09:59 AM
When will we know if we're starting the bum or the babe?

DaBills
01-05-2005, 10:49 AM
That being said, as I said earlier DB starts 2005 and if after 6 games the team is not 4-2 or better then he gets benched.

The scary thing is, we went 0-4 THIS year and MM stuck with him. If they even go 3-3 by game 6 next year, MM will consider that a success story and definietly keep him in.

Hopefully this is a non-partisan-QB-what side are you on type-thing question:

Forgetting Drew was our QB, what NFL team signs a 1st round QB and gives him practically zero PT going into year 2? We could have Favre out there for us, but sooner or later, your draft pick has to get some PT to develop.

Someone tell Ralph the days of waiting 3 years for a rook to sit and watch are over. To put it in perspective, both RJ and Drew 'looked good' in 'camp' too.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 11:15 AM
The only reason I want DB to start is because I think he gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs in 2005 (I never said JP CAN'T take us to the playoffs).
No one has ever come up w/ a valid reason to say that Drew gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs. You wanna reach the playoffs, let Drew hand the ball off. JP can do that too.

To reach the playoffs you have to win the easy schedules. Bills can do that w/ Drew at qb. You have to beat a few good teams. Bills CAN't do that w/ Drew at qb. We play in the hardest division in the NFL. The Jets will be better and so will the Fins.

I just don't know how you guys can be so patient as bills fans. The longer we play Drew the longer it will take for us to move on and get JP the experience he needs. This team has been mediocre at best w/ Drew. We had 4 stupid years w/ Rob, some people just don't learn.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 11:15 AM
The scary thing is, we went 0-4 THIS year and MM stuck with him. If they even go 3-3 by game 6 next year, MM will consider that a success story and definietly keep him in.

Hopefully this is a non-partisan-QB-what side are you on type-thing question:

Forgetting Drew was our QB, what NFL team signs a 1st round QB and gives him practically zero PT going into year 2? We could have Favre out there for us, but sooner or later, your draft pick has to get some PT to develop.

Someone tell Ralph the days of waiting 3 years for a rook to sit and watch are over. To put it in perspective, both RJ and Drew 'looked good' in 'camp' too.
Losman was injured or maybe he would have been an option after 0-4...I would have put him in after the NE debacle...but, now that the Bills have done what they have (resigned DB before 2004, kept him after 0-4, kept him after 3-6, went 9-7) how do you pull him out...what message does that send to the vets??

Sam Gash was on the radio this morning and said that vets would start to question coaching if they made a replacement after that and that few vets would have confidence in a kid who came in after JPs rookie season (being hurt, little practice, little game time)...

The Bills made their bed and regrettably there is little they can do.

FTG
01-05-2005, 11:27 AM
No one has ever come up w/ a valid reason to say that Drew gives us the best chance to reach the playoffs. You wanna reach the playoffs, let Drew hand the ball off. JP can do that too.

:up: The reason seems to be because of experience. NOt that that experience kept Drew from looking like a rookie a lot of times this year

DaBills
01-05-2005, 11:54 AM
kept him after 0-4, kept him after 3-6, went 9-7) how do you pull him out...what message does that send to the vets??

Sam Gash was on the radio this morning and said that vets would start to question coaching if they made a replacement after that and that few vets would have confidence in a kid who came in after JPs rookie season (being hurt, little practice, little game time)...

Yeah, no that's what I'm saying. He goes 0-4 and MM stays with him. Next year, if you feel he should get yanked after a 4-2 start, I say it won't happen. Not after they stuck with him through an 0-4 this year, because they'll figure he may finish strong based on this year's result.

But to be fair, there were a few vet QBs that got yanked due to poor play. Warner, Vinny. Wasn't Vick even pulled at one point? No one should be above getting pulled if there are games after games where the O is dying. But Drew sured seemed to have a get-out-jail card for three years.

I'll attribute that to a lack of options for QB though. Drew was the only option, just not the best imo.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah, no that's what I'm saying. He goes 0-4 and MM stays with him. Next year, if you feel he should get yanked after a 4-2 start, I say it won't happen. Not after they stuck with him through an 0-4 this year, because they'll figure he may finish strong based on this year's result.

But to be fair, there were a few vet QBs that got yanked due to poor play. Warner, Vinny. Wasn't Vick even pulled at one point? No one should be above getting pulled if there are games after games where the O is dying. But Drew sured seemed to have a get-out-jail card for three years.

I'll attribute that to a lack of options for QB though. Drew was the only option, just not the best imo.
then what was the best option...

if he were the only option then he was the best option...again, who was out there to bring in a year ago?? Couch, Garcia, Warner?? We saw where those went...Volek was out there (I liked that prospect) but he decided to stay in Tennessee.

DraftBoy
01-05-2005, 12:17 PM
I wanna be an Amigo!

DaBills
01-05-2005, 12:21 PM
then what was the best option...

if he were the only option then he was the best option...again, who was out there to bring in a year ago?? Couch, Garcia, Warner?? We saw where those went...Volek was out there (I liked that prospect) but he decided to stay in Tennessee.

Problem though is that I can't see what was in TD's and MM's heads. Maybe the overriding feeling was that they could correct Drew's mechanics, so maybe they weren't really agressive in pursuing any FA QB talent at that time.

I don't mind Warner though.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Problem though is that I can't see what was in TD's and MM's heads. Maybe the overriding feeling was that they could correct Drew's mechanics, so maybe they weren't really agressive in pursuing any FA QB talent at that time.

I don't mind Warner though.
Coughlin obviously thought Warner was washed up...I still say they would be in the playoffs if Warner had been the starter the whole season...

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I wanna be an Amigo!Even the ex-pres. of the Ostrich club is an Amigo. :snicker:

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I wanna be an Amigo!

There's room for more :mex: ! Heck you're already in the sig since your avatar is J.P. :D

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 12:38 PM
There's room for more :mex: ! Heck you're already in the sig since your avatar is J.P. :D

Que pasa ,Gringgo? :D

cordog
01-05-2005, 12:40 PM
I will take Mularkey, Clements, and Sam Wyche's 100+ years of NFL experience and go with their opinion on the subject before i go with this whole boards 0 years.

If you listen to the fans, youll end up sitting with them.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I will take Mularkey, Clements, and Sam Wyche's 100+ years of NFL experience and go with their opinion on the subject before i go with this whole boards 0 years.

If you listen to the fans, youll end up sitting with them.I too will take their decision but is it their decision to make or TD's?

dannyek71
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Man....What I wouldnt give to just have a steady QB that we could stick in for a decade and not worry about :;:

cordog
01-05-2005, 12:46 PM
I too will take their decision but is it their decision to make or TD's?

Dont see him wearing a headset, if he starts wearing one, then im sure he will be in the decision making process.

cordog
01-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Man....What I wouldnt give to just have a steady QB that we could stick in for a decade and not worry about :;:

yeah theyre a dime a dozen.

DaBills
01-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I will take Mularkey, Clements, and Sam Wyche's 100+ years of NFL experience and go with their opinion on the subject before i go with this whole boards 0 years..

I know I'm thankful for the bountiful 8-8, 6-10, 9-7 seasons we're enjoying now.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Que pasa ,Gringgo? :D

Nada, senior! Viva los Amigos!

The King
01-05-2005, 12:51 PM
I would like to appoint cordog as the new pres of the Drew Lovers. I would also like to volunteer for VP.

cordog
01-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I know I'm thankful for the bountiful 8-8, 6-10, 9-7 seasons we're enjoying now.

UMMMM I dont know where you have been, but Mularkey, Clements and Wyche were not here for the 8-8, 6-10 seasons. This was their first year with the bills, and to be perfectly honest with you, I thought they did a pretty damn good job.

cordog
01-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I would like to appoint cordog as the new pres of the Drew Lovers. I would also like to volunteer for VP.

Check my posts, bro. I think Losman should start next year.

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I would like to appoint cordog as the new pres of the Drew Lovers. I would also like to volunteer for VP.Cordaog thinks JP should start. Maybe you should appoint youself. Eb, Phil and Mikey (depending on the polls say ) will join in.

The King
01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Check my posts, bro. I think Losman should start next year.

06 is JPs year.

cordog
01-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Cordaog thinks JP should start. Maybe you should appoint youself. Eb, Phil and Mikey (depending on the polls say ) will join in.

are these exit polls? Maybe you can have red and blue states, and get Springsteen, Dixie Chicks and DMB to come out for a Vote for Change 2 Tour

Lone Stranger
01-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I believe that all of you have overlooked a remarkably similar situation with the Giants. They were in playoff contention when Coughlin decided there was no future with Warner and replaced him with Eli Manning. The Giants tanked the season to give Manning experience and he came on at the end.

It took a lot of courage on Coughlin's part to make the move which the Bills should do as well. Watch the Giants' improvement next year.

Bledsoe has shown no ability to respond in important games(other than speak well); it's time for us to bite the bullet.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 12:59 PM
The DLC is a decaying institution. Its members are waivering in their resolve and even jumping ship entirely. Good luck salvaging it, cher!

:mex:

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 01:01 PM
are these exit polls? Maybe you can have red and blue states, and get Springsteen, Dixie Chicks and DMB to come out for a Vote for Change 2 Tour

I don't want those liberal jackasses touring in the :mex: vote for change tour and I think my capadres will concur...

I am the personal chairman of one other campaign however:
http://teamtakeo.com/bledbus.jpg

cordog
01-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't want those liberal jackasses touring in the :mex: vote for change tour and I think my capadres will concur...

I am the personal chairman of one other campaign however:
http://teamtakeo.com/bledbus.jpg

You gonna talk about how Drew threw away medals, and Get Swift Receivers for Truth, talking about how Bledsoe would lead them over the middle just to get knocked out.

cordog
01-05-2005, 01:05 PM
The DLC is a decaying institution. Its members are waivering in their resolve and even jumping ship entirely. Good luck salvaging it, cher!

:mex:

There never was a DLC. There are just people who look at the whole team, not just one position.

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 01:07 PM
I believe that all of you have overlooked a remarkably similar situation with the Giants. They were in playoff contention when Coughlin decided there was no future with Warner and replaced him with Eli Manning. The Giants tanked the season to give Manning experience and he came on at the end.

It took a lot of courage on Coughlin's part to make the move which the Bills should do as well. Watch the Giants' improvement next year.

Bledsoe has shown no ability to respond in important games(other than speak well); it's time for us to bite the bullet.
Got to ask...was it a wasted season?? they could have been in the playoffs...look at the NFC, who knows what they could have done...if I were a Giants fan I would be more pissed than Bills fans should be.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 01:09 PM
There never was a DLC. There are just people who look at the whole team, not just one position.

Main point of propoganda the DLC tries to spread. "There is no DLC"

I will not be fooled... The DLC exists still, despite it being in shambles... :mex:

You gonna talk about how Drew threw away medals, and Get Swift Receivers for Truth, talking about how Bledsoe would lead them over the middle just to get knocked out.

I will talk about how Drew threw many interceptions, fumbled away the ball, have the Receivers for truth describe the many errant throws he made as well as expose his attempts this year at being a mobile QB then 'flip-flopping' back into a statue!
:chuckle:

The King
01-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Got to ask...was it a wasted season?? they could have been in the playoffs...look at the NFC, who knows what they could have done...if I were a Giants fan I would be more pissed than Bills fans should be.

It was NOT a wasted season look at the excitement and hype the Bills brought us through December it had been a while. It ended on a sour note but this team stepped up and did a lot of special things from Drews scrambling to the emegence of our special teams to Willis and Moormans 1st downs, we saw a lot of new things. I can only imagine with this coaching staff that there will be more of these things to come.

I am pissed our season is over but we have tons to look forward too, no matter who is in there at QB. This year was just a prequel of whats to come!!
I STILL BILLIEVE!

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 01:13 PM

It's a pretty interesting situation. On the one hand, they could indeed have made some noise in the NFC had they not decided to start Eli. However, despite the chance they may, may have been able to squeak into the playoffs due to their conference ineptness, would they really have a chance at winning anything while there? I know once you're in, anything is possible, but highly unlikely. By taking the 'wasted season' and grooming Eli have they, in turn, sacfriced a 'playoff year' in favor of building a 'Superbowl winning' year next season?

This is all incredibly subjective, this is just another way to see it.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 01:14 PM
It was NOT a wasted season look at the excitement and hype the Bills brought us through December it had been a while. It ended on a sour note but this team stepped up and did a lot of special things from Drews scrambling to the emegence of our special teams to Wills and Moormans 1st downs.

I am pissed our season is over but we have tons to look forward too, no matter who is in there at QB. This year was just a prequel of whats to come!!
I STILL BILLIEVE!

I believe Eb meant the Giants...

The King
01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I believe Eb meant the Giants...

Oh well, I am still going to leave my positive note on this thread.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh well, I am still going to leave my positive note on this thread.

I agree with your rant, it was an exciting season, comparatively speaking with the past few years...

Lone Stranger
01-05-2005, 01:51 PM
To Ebenezer: You make it sound like getting to the playoffs is important. It's not; the Superbowl is important and Drew baby can't get us there.

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
don't confuse them with the truth

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2005, 04:03 PM

:bf1:

Well said.

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Main point of propoganda the DLC tries to spread. "There is no DLC"

I will not be fooled... The DLC exists still, despite it being in shambles... :mex:

Si. :mex: