PDA

View Full Version : Does the Bills Offense have an identity?

DaBills
01-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Are we building the game plan to fit the players, or have we been asking the players to fit into the plan? I'd say the latter, but I just don't know what that 'plan' is anymore, or even if we ever had one.

It's like, some weeks we start to run well, so you think, ok, they are going to try and be a Giants-type NFC east rushing team with strong D. Then a week later, Drew is throwing like the Mad Bomber and we rush for only 40 yards and we lose. Then Drew throws a bunch next game and we win, but where'd the running game go inside the red zone, ya' know?

Under GW we had hints of a west coast approach. But that tanked ass bigtime. We had Flutie the scrambler, but Vick is the only one with such talent you build your O around who scrambles like that. (I don't want to see another scramble-only QB in Lossman either.) With Marv we had the K-gun.

I realize you can also say they're trying to build a 'balanced'-type offense. But that takes consistancy which I'm not seeing. Balance to me isn't 'throw for three games, run for the next two, then throw again.' It's every game that you have balance. 20-25 carries and about 25 or so pass attempts, (or a ratio there abouts).

For me, I thought with our run-stopping D, and Travis and WM, we would build a nice rush-oriented team this year. Guess not. Either MM has a bigger plan, or he's just throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks and then goes with it.

:shocked:

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
yup, our O should be idnetified as bullies. We can score against weaker teams only.