PDA

View Full Version : The sky IS NOT falling people!!!!!

ArcticWildMan
11-24-2002, 06:31 PM
TD said before the season started that we had another year to go before we could be a complete team.

Hell, before the season started, we were all saying that we would be happy with 7-9 or hopefully 8-8. We started out hot and everybody quickly forgot that we came into the season with some huge holes on our defense and was suddenly predicting 11-5 or even 12-4.

Now that the weakness that TD knew was there all along has finally reared it's ugly head, everybody is ready to cut almost every player on the team (some Einsteins are even saying we should cut Drew :rolleyes: )

I'm not at all happy with the way we have been playing the past 2-3 games, but it is hardly the end of the world. We will most likely finish at 7-9. 100% better than last year's 3-13 nightmare. I won't argue that a change is needed in our defensive philosophy, and I bet TD will address that in the offseason.

I hate losing and I hate it when we play bad, but I knew coming into this season we were at least another year away from being a really good team. Everybody needs to chill. It's not the end of the world.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 06:36 PM
It's not the end of the world but it's the end of the season.

clumping platelets
11-24-2002, 06:44 PM
If we are 5-6 at this time NEXT SEASON..........I'll start to worry!

Fix the defense and add more speed to the special teams and come back swinging next season.

venis2k1
11-24-2002, 06:47 PM
i can't wait 9 more months for hope :(

ublinkwescore
11-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Jerry Gray must go, we need to bring Marvin Lewis in here - if anyone can turn this defense around it's him. Let Marvin install his own system, and if Gregg Williams doesn't like it he can say bye bye. Today's game was so horrible, I couldn't watch it after the Jets scored their first TD in the 3rd quarter.

ArcticWildMan
11-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Marven Lewis didn't want to be a head coach here, what makes you think he'd want to be a coordinator for us? :scratch:

Besides...you can't have lateral moves like that. He has to be promoted to a higher position than he currently has.

JJamezz
11-24-2002, 07:03 PM
It was a given we'd have to live with this s**t defense for one more season... What scares me is the complete turnaround of this offense, and their inability to successfully adjust to the way they're being defended now.

One reason I'm hopeful is that we've got TD running things - he doesn't seem to hesitate in making the tough decisions, some of which will definitely include a good 'pruning' of the coaching staff in the offseason.

shelby
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
instant gratification, baby.....that's what the problem is...we all want to win NOW.

It's a long way til next season...but i'll bet we will be a force to be reckoned with then if the appropriate adjustments are made {ie...D line, special teams, penalties}.

Dannyboy
11-24-2002, 11:42 PM
At the current cost of being a NFL fan, why shouldn't we want more? Besides, it's not the 'end of the world syndrome" that drives the complaints. It's the lack of improvement and the constant bonehead mistakes and PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
11-25-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

Fix the defense and add more speed to the special teams and come back swinging next season.

we could fix the defense by scrapping the 46.i'd be happy if we pick up a couple of LB's and go back to the 3-4 defense.that would add more speed and athleticism.

don137
11-25-2002, 07:40 AM
I looked outside. Where did the sky go?

WCoastFin
11-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

dont waste your time, start now.

WCoastFin
11-25-2002, 11:00 AM
The sky IS NOT falling people!!!!!

Originally posted by don137
I looked outside. Where did the sky go?

not only that, but its funny that in his avatar it looks like it is!:sukrpnch: