PDA

View Full Version : If we win next year...

OpIv37
01-05-2005, 01:22 PM
will this QB controversy garbage go away? It's like Flutie-Johnson only worse (I just hope the team makes a better choice this time).

If Drew plays and the team does well, will the Amigos shut up?
If Losman plays and the team wins, will the Drew supporters shut up?

More importantly, how much slack will we give to either of these guys? If Drew wins the first four games, but then throws a 4th quarter interception tha costs us the fifth game, will the Amigos come out with the same tired criticisms? If Losman goes through some growing pains, will the Drew supporters call for his head and repeat the tired excuses for his performance?

Sorry to be so negative but I've had it with this QB debate- the season's only been over for 72 hours, and this issue won't be resolved for another 9 months (not to mention that no one who reads any of these posts will be involved in the decision at all).

I'm a Bills fan before I'm a Bledsoe fan or a Losman fan- I just want this team to win and make the damn playoffs for once.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm a Bills fan before I'm a Bledsoe fan or a Losman fan- I just want this team to win and make the damn playoffs for once.

This line sums up my feelings. The only reason I feel strongly is because I don't believe we can make the playoffs and win with Bledsoe as QB. As I've said before, I would love to be proven wrong about my thinking, but it hasn't happened yet. Three years of evidence suggests to me chances are it will not happen.

In the end, all I want is to see the team win it all.

Jayhawk
01-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Next thread will say "If Drew looks at Evans more" and the text will be "will the amigos shut up."

The King
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I dont think a QB controversy will get to this team. I think Mularkey is smarter then that. It will be addressed long before it happens. What this board does doesnt really mean a thing. I think its Drews team week 1 and the ball is in his court you play well, you play, you dont play well then it is time to phase Losman in. The most important thing at the end of the day is a W'.

Herman Edwards had said something on the NFL Network a few months ago about how he addresses the season and I think it should be how the Bills management view next season. The Season is broken down into quarters I say the first 2 quarters are open for evaluation. You have 8 weeks to determine who will take you the whole way whether you are in contention or not.

I would think most people are going to be in the same boat. At the end of the day we all spend hours a day talking about the team. I think it is safe to say we all want to see the Bills win.

paladin warrior
01-05-2005, 01:36 PM
will this QB controversy garbage go away? It's like Flutie-Johnson only worse (I just hope the team makes a better choice this time).

More importantly, how much slack will we give to either of these guys? If Drew wins the first four games, but then throws a 4th quarter interception tha costs us the fifth game, will the Amigos come out with the same tired criticisms? If Losman goes through some growing pains, will the Drew supporters call for his head and repeat the tired excuses for his performance?

Sorry to be so negative but I've had it with this QB debate- the season's only been over for 72 hours, and this issue won't be resolved for another 9 months (not to mention that no one who reads any of these posts will be involved in the decision at all).

I'm a Bills fan before I'm a Bledsoe fan or a Losman fan- I just want this team to win and make the damn playoffs for once. I don't think so Of Drew still play again and He will fumble again again again agian

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I want the Bills to win.

Drew does not give the Bills the best chance to do that.

Hence, Drew must go.

That's my stance.

If JP struggles next year and commits rookie mistakes, fine. I'll accept that. If JP struggles horribly next year and commits more than just rookie mistakes, I will criticize him. Just because I've been so vocal about Drew does not mean I'm going to all of a sudden put rose colored glasses on when it comes to JP. No player is beyond question, especially the most complex position on the field - the QB.

FTG
01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
All Drew has to do to shut up the Amigos is to play well and stop choking in big games. I've been waiting for 2 1/2 seasons for it to happen now. It's not gonna change next year. If Bledsoe starts we will have a decent season like this one and still get ***** slapped twice by NE and get knocked out in our first game if we make the playoffs

OpIv37
01-05-2005, 02:52 PM
This line sums up my feelings. The only reason I feel strongly is because I don't believe we can make the playoffs and win with Bledsoe as QB. As I've said before, I would love to be proven wrong about my thinking, but it hasn't happened yet. Three years of evidence suggests to me chances are it will not happen.

In the end, all I want is to see the team win it all.

I want the Bills to win.

Drew does not give the Bills the best chance to do that.

Hence, Drew must go.

That's my stance.

If JP struggles next year and commits rookie mistakes, fine. I'll accept that. If JP struggles horribly next year and commits more than just rookie mistakes, I will criticize him. Just because I've been so vocal about Drew does not mean I'm going to all of a sudden put rose colored glasses on when it comes to JP. No player is beyond question, especially the most complex position on the field - the QB.

All Drew has to do to shut up the Amigos is to play well and stop choking in big games. I've been waiting for 2 1/2 seasons for it to happen now. It's not gonna change next year. If Bledsoe starts we will have a decent season like this one and still get ***** slapped twice by NE and get knocked out in our first game if we make the playoffs

Here's what I'm trying to say- the battle lines have been drawn. You three and some others think that Losman gives this team the best chance to win. Eb and some others think that Bledsoe does. At the moment, I'm not really sure where I stand, but I'm leaning towards argreeing with Darth- Bledsoe's had 3 years and it's not working- we don't have much to lose by changing.
We can spend the entire off-season arguing about it, but it won't change anything and we won't know who's right until September.

lordofgun
01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
This isn't even close to as bad as Flutie-Johnson.

Forward_Lateral
01-05-2005, 03:04 PM
I will support the team no matter who the QB is. I've been a fan when we had Todd Collins for crying out loud, it can't get much worse than RJ either. If Losman starts next year, I will cheer for him, unlike some who just dislike a player so much that they want him to falter.

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2005, 03:08 PM
This isn't even close to as bad as Flutie-Johnson.
I can believe that (although I wasn't here during that time). The reason is that *at the time* it was not a very clear cut decision IMO. I liked the RJ trade - I admit that. I also liked the way Flutie "just made it happen". RJ didn't have a history so he had time on his side and that word "potential". Flutie had the magic. Very tough debates were had in here I'm sure.

This one with Drew though is easy. He's been around for 11 years. There's no "potential". He hasn't produced. He has no "magic".

Dump him.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I've been a fan since we drafted Richie Lucas number 1 in 1960. I just want to win a Super Bowl before I croak, even if Rob Johnson comes back and leads us to the Promised Land.

G. Host
01-05-2005, 06:04 PM

NO :-(

The two sides are so dynamically opposed. Even years after DF/RJ debate you hear remarks about Flutie and Johnson; some of them STILL think it has everything to do with the QB.

helmetguy
01-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't care who lines up under center next year. Just the same, I'm going to be on this board every Monday if we don't pitch a shutout the Sunday before. If the defense does its job, we'll never lose!