PDA

View Full Version : Sapp and Sherman had a nice little exchange after the game

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 06:48 PM
For those who didn't see it make sure you watch Primetime tonite to check it out. Pretty entertaining.

Sapp tried to shake Shermans hand and then all the "bleeps" came pouring out. Sherman says Sapp took a cheap shot on his OL.

Novacane
11-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Tampa D looks pretty darn good.

Michael82
11-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, did you see that replay? It was a bogus hit! TOTAL BS! Sapp had no right hitting the LT like that. The play was on the other side of the field and you could tell Sapp was happy that the tackle went down and out of the game. Another reason for me to hate that :angry: jerk! That was DEFINITELY a CHEAP SHOT!!!!

:angry:

Warren Sapp:chair:Mike Sherman

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 07:26 PM
I don't hate Sapp, he's never done anything to me or the Bills

TacklingDummy
11-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Bring Sapp to Buffalo!!!

It was a cheap shot. Sapp should be fined if not suspened.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 07:40 PM
He won't be fined or suspended. It was a legal hit and that's all that matters. Sure the hit wasn't needed but it was still legal.

Dr Phil
11-24-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Well, did you see that replay? It was a bogus hit! TOTAL BS! Sapp had no right hitting the LT like that. The play was on the other side of the field and you could tell Sapp was happy that the tackle went down and out of the game. Another reason for me to hate that :angry: jerk! That was DEFINITELY a CHEAP SHOT!!!!

:angry:

Warren Sapp:chair:Mike Sherman

I think your Ridalin is wearing out.

:coocoo:

DraftBoy
11-24-2002, 08:35 PM
I say that the hit was legal and called for, any time a player does not make a block, he is not playing the game. Not to blame Clifton but he should not be running with his head down. Secondly Kelly was begginging a cut upfield then shifted back down, Sapp saw and made the block completely legal and clean, Im sorry Clifton was injured but nothing was wrong with the hit, if you dont wanna get hit dont play the game.

Ð
11-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Football's a contact sport, boys.
If the offensive lineman who got pancaked on the play was given the opportunity to line Sapp up the same way, he would have done it in a heartbeat. Sherman's a pussy, doesn't understand what it means to be a lineman & when you get your licks in. Oh well...when the Pack get trounced in the playoffs by the Bucs maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut.

That kind of stuff is locker room motivational material & if he thinks he did his team any good for an upcoming playoff rematch with the Bucs, then he's an idiot.

WCoastFin
11-25-2002, 10:17 AM
Ya I seen it...you gotta love Sapp for this one....but does anyone know what he was saying towards the end, I couldnt really make out of it...."If you're so tough, put the charge on!" ...or something like that.....

The Natrix
11-25-2002, 12:29 PM
nothing wrong with the hit

Sherman has got some balls to confront Sapp

It reminds me of the old guy (bills fan) that asked me to be quiet when I was heckling Harrington at the game this year. I asked him, "what are you going to do?" over and over until he turned around and shut up. I proceded to heckle Harrington Louder.

clumping platelets
11-25-2002, 01:42 PM
Illegal hit!

Sapp left his feet and led with his helmet........no doubt about that!

Ð
11-25-2002, 01:57 PM
Uhhh, back to open-field blocking 101 for you, clump. ;)
Leading with your helmet is also allowed when blocking. and you only get called for leaving your feet in hockey.

I was always taught as an OL, when there's a turnover, you keep your head up until 10 secs after the whistle's blown, because that's payback time for the defensive players you've been pummelling all game. If you're on the field, you're fair game for a block at any time once the ball is turned over.

Ever notice how QB's kind of slink off the field in that situation? Not because they're not tough...it's because they're smart & understand the potential for injury.

doug45
11-25-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
He won't be fined or suspended. It was a legal hit and that's all that matters. Sure the hit wasn't needed but it was still legal.

Just because it was legal it is not OK. It was a Cheap Shot and that stinks. He blind sided a guy that was not even near the play, for NO REASON but to hurt him. Bums like this give football a bad name.

Ð
11-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Depends on how you look at it....I'd take Sapp on my team in a heartbeat. Guys like him play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2002, 02:37 PM
Sapp will never win anything. He is a cancerous sideshow distraction.

The hit was legal by the rules, but they were on the other side of the field. The guy he blocked had as much a chance of making the tackle as Mike90210 has waiting under the mistletoe.
It was a cheap shot. Then to prance around the other teams coach like a common classless thug was disgraceful.

You can take Sapp. I don't want him.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-25-2002, 02:51 PM
I'd sure like to take him. Some might not like his attitude but the guy wants to win.

Sometimes he goes to extremes but it's all in the heat of the battle. The guy doesn't lay down and give up. If somebody isn't pulling their weight he'll let you know.

doug45
11-25-2002, 02:55 PM
Sportsmanship---- Is there any meaning to it anymore?

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-25-2002, 02:59 PM
There was nothing wrong with that block. That is a block that has happened hundreds of times and it will continue to happen in the future.

If Clifton would've been paying attention or not gotten hurt it'd be a mute point.

Ð
11-25-2002, 03:22 PM
Sportsmanship doesn't exist for linemen. It's the law of the jungle out there and intimidation is key.

Sapp has won the intimidation battle for the next time the Bucs play GB and "Bubblegum & Braces" Bobby Sherman has just poured gas on the fire by being an idiot on national TV. That's exactly what Sapp was trying to do...get in the opponents head. Sherman's rant just proves that Sapp was successful.

BTP
11-26-2002, 10:13 AM
I'm not going to sit here and argue if it was legal or not legal however you look at this pics and make your own judgement :

I will now like to pass this along :

I urge ALL NFL fans of ALL teams who are fed up with thugs being allowed to run amuck while players who wear their socks too low or draw their hands across their neck are fined thousands of dollars.

Sapp may possibly have ended Cliftons career with the cheapest shot I have seen in quite some time and a message needs to be sent to the NFL that we aren't going to take this anymore.

Here is the link: http://www.petitiononline.com/bv34kl68/petition.html

Please post this on EVERY football forum you post on and distribute it to every friend in your email address book who shares our passion for the game and our disgust at Warren Sapp.
http://home.att.net/~timbond/wsb/media/75985/site1339.jpg
http://home.att.net/~timbond/wsb/media/75985/site1340.jpg
http://home.att.net/~timbond/wsb/media/75985/site1341.jpg
http://home.att.net/~timbond/wsb/media/75985/site1342.jpg
http://home.att.net/~timbond/wsb/media/75985/site1343.jpg
http://home.att.net/~timbond/wsb/media/75985/site1344.jpg

We are just asking the NFL to start being fair about handing out fines around the NFL. He went on to taunt after the play about the hit and he even went on record after the game that he was going after him. He should have recieved some sort of fine from this. I've less serve hit this year and players(not on the Packers) get hit with big fines for it. so the NFL should be bias when hading out fines? IE look at the DB for the Eagles that got hammered with a fine this year and it was not even close to this bad or blatant? Just be fair about handing out fines around the NFL . Is that so much to ask?

Typ0
11-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Another set of moronic posts. No way was this a bad/dirty hit like you guys are saying. There was a turnover and the drill is to pick someone and block him. Sapp did what he was supposed to do. What a bunch of pansies complaining about hitting too hard. Maybe we should lobby to play flag football in the NFL instead. Clifton is the one who was at fault for not playing the game like he was supposed to be...he wasn't paying attention to the defenders. Sapp was celebrating because they got a crucial turnover against Favre and were about to put the game away. No way should a numb nuts coach confront a player after the game has ended. This whole situation makes the Packers look like a bunch of pansy ass pussies.

....but does anyone know what he was saying towards the end, I couldnt really make out of it...."If you're so tough, put the charge on!" ...or something like that.....

He was saying "put a jersey on. You don't like it put a jersey on. Win some more games."

doug45
11-26-2002, 02:10 PM
It WAS a bad hit. It happened away from the play and he lead with the head. When you try to hurt someone like this it is wrong.

Typ0
11-26-2002, 02:16 PM
You block people so they don't get into the play. What was he supposed to do wait until he got closer to the play to block him? Listen to how stupid that sounds. Plus I saw the play it was perfectly legal and if Clifton had been playing the game like he was supposed to he never would have went down that hard.

Earthquake Enyart
11-26-2002, 03:43 PM
He was 30 yards away, and the guy was already being brought down. It was legal, but cheap.

The_Philster
11-13-2003, 07:19 PM
TAMPA - Nearly one year after a controversial block by Bucs defensive tackle Warren Sapp sent Packers offensive lineman Chad Clifton to the hospital, Sapp said he does not regret the hit that ended Clifton's 2002 season.

"We were just playing football," Sapp told the Associated Press. "You tell me where I crossed the line."

On Nov. 24, Sapp threw a block on Clifton during a third-quarter interception return by Brian Kelly. Clifton, who did not see the block coming, was taken off on a stretcher with a severely sprained pelvis that put him in the hospital four days....

more (http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/13/Bucs/Sapp_unrepentant_over.shtml)