PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone considered this?

Mudflap1
01-05-2005, 02:01 PM
All I read on here is if Drew comes back, he might be ok, or he might stink, so we might squeak into the playoffs, or we'll be in purgatory like we've been the last 3 years, so maybe we should turn to Losman because Bledsoe won't get us over the top. Everyone is expecting that Losman will need a definite learning curve, he could come around sooner than later, but next year might be an ok year (like Cincy's this year with Palmer -- but add in we have a defense) for us, but not spectacular, but then he'll be fine.

Has anyone considered this? What if Losman BLOWS? I mean, he looked totally intimidated, unprepared, and clueless when he was out there this year. Maybe that's just rookie jitters, but maybe he just plain sucks, and has a questionable attitude to boot.

This will never happen in a million years, but I'd love to see the Bills trade Bledsoe, Henry, the kitchen sink, and maybe a pick or two to San Fran so we could get Matt Leinart. Now there's a guy who looks like he's a REAL NFL quarterback in the making. Let Losman and Leinart duke it out, ala Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh in Dallas in 1989. Keep the best guy when you know who that is, and trade the other guy for a 1st round pick, or whatever.

Some other moves I'd like to see, if the pipe dream of Leinart doesn't work out:

--Trade Henry for Joey Porter
--Trade Bledsoe to Dallas for the pick back, OR for a reciever, OR for Flozell Adams or Larry Allen. Parcells loves Bledsoe.
--sign Marco Rivera (G) from the Packers or (G) Andruzzi from the Patriots
--look into signing Plaxico Burress (you know TD will seriously look at that)
--If Edgerrin James goes to the Dolphins (very likely -- that's where he said he's going to go), you trade Henry to Indy for Stokley
--sign someone like Bubba Franks
--If Bledsoe is traded or cut, could sign Kordell Stewart as an insurance quarterback that knows the system

There aren't that many good quarterbacks out there, so the reality is, trading Bledsoe or cutting him to get a veteran that is 'better' is probably not likely. Remember, only two active starters have won the Super Bowl. If we get rid of Drew to upgrade, the goal should be to groom a young quarterback. The good news is we already have one. The bad news is, there's no guarantee he will be any good, and in fact, while it's early, what we've been shown of him has not be extremely encouraging, in my opinion. That's why I say hedge your bets, get another young stud quarterback, and have them duke it out.

Just from that game last night, and seeing him the last two seasons out here in So Cal (I'm a UCLA fan by the way, so I'm not a Tommy Trojan wannabe), Leinart is as close to a lock to be a quality NFL quarterback as you can probably get.

Jon

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 02:06 PM
--Trade Henry for Joey Porter
--Trade Bledsoe to Dallas for the pick back, OR for a reciever, OR for Flozell Adams or Larry Allen. Parcells loves Bledsoe.
--If none of the above happen, sign Marco Rivera (G) from the Packers
--look into signing Plaxico Burress (you know TD will seriously look at that)
--If Edgerrin James goes to the Dolphins (very likely -- that's where he said he's going to go), you trade Henry to Indy for Stokley
--sign someone like Bubba Franks
--If Bledsoe is traded or cut, could sign Kordell Stewart as an insurance quarterback that knows the system

-- Porter is a free agent I believe...
-- The only pick we'd get from Dallas for Drew is a 5th rounder or later
-- Rivera may be a good pickup if he's indeed a FA and doesn't get tagged
-- I think our receiving corps needs more of a number 3 WR upgrade than a number 2. Plexiglass is a number 2 receiver and as long as we have Moulds and Evans, that's our 1-2 punch.
-- Indy has already stated James is getting franchise tagged.
-- Franks is a good TE and would be an upgrade at the right price
-- I agree Stewart may be a viable backup

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 02:09 PM
What if Losman BLOWS?
I'm sure Pitts asked the same question.

I mean if he blows it's because he's a rookie. Drew isn't a rookie and blows and is costing us too much. They had to use a clock on a vet for crying out loud. They didn't need one w/ JP did they?

He did look intimidated against the Pats,so does Drew for the nth time. Thing is Jp was coming off and broken leg and he admitted himself he was worried about it holding together.

All Drew ever admits after every bad game "I have to get better ,yada,yada" it's the same thing all the time. If a reporter asked him what needs to be done for next year I'm pretty sure sure he'll say " I need to get better yada" again and again. Drew is not a rookie.

Mudflap1
01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Porter was not listed as a free agent last time I checked.

Drew, a 5th rounder? C'mon! He may be hated here, but packaged with Henry, other picks, or whatever, there is a lot of value for a veteran quarterback with playoff experience. Look at all the teams, he's better than most of the QB's out there by far. By the way, I think they should probably upgrade too, so I'm not a Drew lover by any means.

If James is getting tagged, trade Henry to San Francisco, Oakland, Miami, etc., there are lots of teams with good third receivers, tight ends, lineman, and picks that need a RB BAD that they can talk to.

I'd rather have Porter than Burress myself, but the reason I put Burress is that since he's a Steeler, Pittsburgh North will automatically grant him a strong look. Remember, you can't just say Donahoe anymore, you have Mularkey, Clements, etc.

Rivera and Andruzzi are absolutely free agents. Franks is too. Green Bay can't tag 'em both.

Comparing Bledsoe to Losman is a joke right now. Bledsoe at starter won nine games this year, and has won countless games for years. Has he won the Super Bowl as a starter or taken the Bills to the playoffs? No, and for that, I think a change should be made. But to compare Losman is ridiculous. The guy couldn't demonstrate he could throw more than 10 yards downfield this year when he was played. He's gonna win 6-10 games for the Bills next year? You can't compare them. And what if Losman doesn't get any better than that. All you hear on here is "Drew, Drew, Drew." Well, what if this guy is TWICE as bad, and doesn't get better?

Jon

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Drew, a 5th rounder? C'mon! He may be hated here, but packaged with Henry, other picks, or whatever, there is a lot of value for a veteran quarterback with playoff experience. Look at all the teams, he's better than most of the QB's out there by far. By the way, I think they should probably upgrade too, so I'm not a Drew lover by any means.

You're kidding yourself. Unless we package Drew with Henry, and our 2nd and 3rd round picks, we don't have a prayer of prying away Dallas' higher 1st round pick. Dallas wouldn't want/need Henry anyway.

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2005, 02:17 PM
They have Julius Jones who will be a 1,000+ yard rusher next year.

BTW - they got him with our #2 pick we traded to them. I don't think Bill is too hurt over our 9-7 record. He'll still get a sub 20th pick and has a franchise back now.

Mudflap1
01-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Drew alone shouldn't demand a first rounder necessarily, I misstated myself earlier on that. But packaged with Henry, a few picks, and some clowns like Prioleou or Reed, a team like San Francisco that needs PLAYERS period might go for it. San Francisco is in serious cap trouble.

Dallas doesn't need a running back. I never said trade Henry there. What I meant DarthTakeo was you could package them together to a team who needs a quarterback and running back. Drew plus other players to Dallas for the pick, or for one or two of their lineman.

Jon

Gunzlingr
01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Drew (I hate to say this) needs to hit the bricks. Take anything in trade. Focus on OL and DL either through FA or Draft. Might be a good time to start looking for young guy to eventually replace some of our aging vets. OL must be a priority whether Drew or JP starts.

Any projections on who may become cap casualties around the league? Whatever happened to the Pro Bowl center that was cut by the Chargers (Ball?)??

mybills
01-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm sure Pitts asked the same question.

I mean if he blows it's because he's a rookie. Drew isn't a rookie and blows and is costing us too much. They had to use a clock on a vet for crying out loud. They didn't need one w/ JP did they?

He did look intimidated against the Pats,so does Drew for the nth time. Thing is Jp was coming off and broken leg and he admitted himself he was worried about it holding together.

All Drew ever admits after every bad game "I have to get better ,yada,yada" it's the same thing all the time. If a reporter asked him what needs to be done for next year I'm pretty sure sure he'll say " I need to get better yada" again and again. Drew is not a rookie.
:bf1:

justasportsfan
01-05-2005, 02:31 PM
:bf1:Great Mikey impression. :up:

Gunzlingr
01-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Great Mikey impression. :up:
EXACTLY!