PDA

View Full Version : How loud will the Dreewwwwwwwwwww chants be next week?

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-24-2002, 07:56 PM
I don't think the Drewwwwwwwwww birds will be out very much next week. The honeymoon is settled in and he hasn't played very well.

I didn't care for the Drew chants much anyway. Not because I don't like Drew, but it made it look like Drew was a 1 man show and nobody else mattered.

Anyone think maybe all the attention got to his head? Never know

colin
11-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Drew has played very well. He is not perfect in every game, but no one is. QB, WR, and RB are the positions that we have no trouble with, it is the rest that kinda suck.

WG
11-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Now is probably as good a time as any to reiterate this. But Drew, contrary to popular opinion, never was very good at dominating games by himself like some other QBs. He will serve you OK if he's got a team around him. Even now, he's got that, and he's still struggling.

The tell tale of all of this is that his struggles that he had vs. the AFC East while at New England seem to have followed him. He hasn't had one good game against any AFCE opponent this season. Those are the most important games that we have each year. Each one is both a divisional matchup as well as a conference matchup.

mchurchfie
11-24-2002, 11:56 PM
Drew still Rawks:up:

WG
11-25-2002, 12:35 AM
We'll see. This is a pretty bad collapse though from his first four games or so. I will say that if he tosses a key INT in the first half and the Phins go up by much, you may start hearing some boos.

Sabre Ally
11-25-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey, I have an idea....we beat the Lions, Bears and Vikings, so let's just trade conferences with the Packers. That solves Drew's AFCE problems, eh? :laughter:

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-25-2002, 12:46 AM
It could get very ugly next week in the stadium. We haven't won or had a home game in a month. With it being Miami in town I don't wanna think of what may happen if we get smacked around again.

WG
11-25-2002, 12:46 AM
Nothin' like shovin' your problems "under the bed", eh!

:D

The_Philster
11-25-2002, 04:16 AM
The chants will still keep going. We kept em going even when BRUCE had bad games and we still chant RUBEN when he comes out on the field even when he's getting penalized all the time.

shelby
11-25-2002, 04:42 AM
i hate it when the home crowd boos their own QB.
i remember Kelly's last year....man, that got ugly.
Then, the following season, we all wished we had him back.
:doh:

The_Philster
11-25-2002, 04:46 AM
Exactly, shelby. We fans still have to give our support to the players...at least before the game, anyway.
I remember that 1996 season...that Miami game in which he threw 3 picks....one on the last play of the game. That was beyond ugly. And we were all over him for it. But the next year, we were trying to get him to come down out of the booth when we were down 26 points to the Colts. Thankfully, we pulled that one out.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2002, 05:35 AM
i'll take drew over what we had last year.it's not automatic that he's going to throw for 300 yards and 2-3 TD's every game.just think where we'd be if we had that QB carousel that we had.we'd be fighting it out with the BENGALS for the #1 overall draft pick.i still think giving up our 1st rounder for him was a good move.

Scott
11-25-2002, 06:05 AM
Mentality of a Bills fan:

Bills lose=QB's fault

So Drew is RJ's replacement at scapegoat? Does the fact that our defense is giving 30 something points per game not contribute to our losses?

WCoastFin
11-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
I don't think the Drewwwwwwwwww birds will be out very much next week. The honeymoon is settled in and he hasn't played very well.

I didn't care for the Drew chants much anyway. Not because I don't like Drew, but it made it look like Drew was a 1 man show and nobody else mattered.

Anyone think maybe all the attention got to his head? Never know

no, thats naturual for Drew to choke like that...he did it in the past for the Patriots, why do you think they traded him within the division? they were thinking, "one less team to worry about".

WCoastFin
11-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by colin
Drew has played very well. He is not perfect in every game, but no one is. QB, WR, and RB are the positions that we have no trouble with, it is the rest that kinda suck.

sure, 0 Touchdowns is playing very well...not to mention hes thrown for 1 TD per game in the previous 4 weeks....can you say CHOKE!?

The_Philster
11-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Scott
Mentality of a Bills fan:

Bills lose=QB's fault

So Drew is RJ's replacement at scapegoat? Does the fact that our defense is giving 30 something points per game not contribute to our losses?

Nicely put. There ARE 46 guys suited up every game.