X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Dennis the Menace gone. 49ers Fire Erickson

The San Francisco 49ers fired coach Dennis Erickson and dismissed general manager Terry Donahue on Wednesday, cleaning house just three days after the once-proud franchise finished with the NFL's worst record.

The San Francisco 49ers fired coach Dennis Erickson on Wednesday, with the official announcement coming at a 5 p.m. ET news conference.

Erickson was informed of his fate shortly before noon on the West Coast after three days of short meetings with team owner John York. Erickson has three years and $7.5 million remaining on the contract he signed in 2003.

There is no word on the status of general manager Terry Donahue, who signed a four-year extension before the start of this season. There had been speculation that Donahue could also be fired, but he was still at work Wednesday.

York will make an announcement about organizational changes at the news conference.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

If only they could fire their loser owner.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

Another chance for the the Bellichek regime to be broken up!

Great news!

I think it was that crushing defeat dealt by the Bills that broke the camel's back.
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

That was a short stay!
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Section 130 Row 26
          • Jan 2005

Prediction: Holmgren Resigns from the Seahawks after his team gets knocked out of the playoffs, and he takes the 49er job....as a GM also... Hey it's his former team and you never know

View the Rest of My List!

Bledsoe and Lindell are smelly

Comment

Working...
          X