PDA

View Full Version : LET THE DRAFT TALK BEGIN!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
01-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Enough is enough.

Iehoshua
01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
The draft hype is lessened with no 1st round pick, IMO...

Still, who's on the board in the 2nd round that may be a sleeper we could snag?

THATHURMANATOR
01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Thats the spirit.

vski
01-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Matt Roth out of Iowa has pure speed and talent. He'd make a great addition to our D, but i dont know if he'll still be on the board by the 2nd.

jamze132
01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Since we have no first and we draft low in the 2nd, I have no huge expectations like the last coupole of years. I say grab Nugent if he's on the board with our 1st pick.

vski
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
"James is the No. 2 senior end right now in my rankings, behind Oklahoma's Dan Cody and ahead of Iowa's Matt Roth. USC's Shaun Cody ranks fourth and Pollack fifth, so I think you'll see James come off the board before Pollack because of Pollack's lack of height and ideal size. Still, Pollack will be a first-rounder. Cody is on top because he has had no health issues and can play on his feet as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, and when you add LSU's Marcus Spears to the mix we could see six defensive ends come off the board in the first round"

Scratch that idea about Roth, but hes going to be a star.

ScottLawrence
01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I like Michigan Guard/Center, David Bass.

He would be a nice second round pick.

mypoorfriendme
01-05-2005, 08:01 PM
we definetely need to go o-line. no question about it. kelsay and denney are good enough. of course it all depends whos available, but o-line in either round 2 or 3 for sure

YardRat
01-05-2005, 08:06 PM
"Go big, early"

O-line and D-line regardless of where are first choices are.

Anybody that drafts a kicker before the third or a TE in the first ought to have their head examined.

BAM
01-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Maybe Dallas will give us our draft pick back for Drew Bledsoe and TH. :couch:

FTG
01-05-2005, 08:16 PM
".

Anybody that drafts a kicker before the third or a TE in the first ought to have their head examined.

Why? Kickers are a big part of the game. We need one

lordofgun
01-05-2005, 08:16 PM
"Go big, early"

O-line and D-line regardless of where are first choices are.

Anybody that drafts a kicker before the third or a TE in the first ought to have their head examined.My brother drafted Gary Anderson in the third round of our fantasy draft.

TigerJ
01-05-2005, 08:20 PM
It's time to start building a really dominant offensive line. Picking where Buffalo is, they may not get a left tackle who can start right away (should Jennings bolt) but they can get an interior lineman, center or guard who could start as a rookie, and be an upgrade. It's time to dump Pucillo. Ross Tucker can be your primary backup at all three interior line positions, like Marcus Price does for both tackle spots. If Buffalo drafts a center it is a little more complicated. Teague makes too much money to be a backup. He will however be in the last year of his contract. The remaining portion of his signing bonus is $1,375,00 according to our excellent resident capologists, Clump and Eb. That's significant but not nearly as onerous as it has been. He could be cut and a backup signed for less than the total $2,625,000 cap cost of retaining Teague for the 2005 season. With the money saved together with what they don't spend on Jenings, they might be able to sign a pretty good left tackle, or offer Jennings enough to stick around.

clumping platelets
01-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Matt Roth out of Iowa has pure speed and talent. He'd make a great addition to our D, but i dont know if he'll still be on the board by the 2nd.

He's ranked in the top 20. He won't make it to our pick in rd 2

clumping platelets
01-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I like Michigan Guard/Center, David Bass.

He would be a nice second round pick.

I like this pick. Maybe Teague could move to LT (assuming Jennings leaves) and Bass could play either LG or C with Tucker playing the other

Typ0
01-06-2005, 12:39 AM
We need another QB.

Bmax
01-06-2005, 01:24 AM
roth is currently ranked as the # 10 prospect by mel kiper draft genius !!!!
i like baas from mich can play g and c.....

Bmax

YardRat
01-06-2005, 04:34 AM
Why? Kickers are a big part of the game. We need one
Not big enough to spend a first or second rounder on, IMO. Teams need players that can contribute on the field three out of every four downs before a guy that gets out there maybe a half dozen times per game.

You can snag a "starting" PK on day two, why pass on a possible every down starter or quality depth on day one?

YardRat
01-06-2005, 04:35 AM
My brother drafted Gary Anderson in the third round of our fantasy draft.
My guess would be he didn't exactly challenge for the title, did he?

clumping platelets
01-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Vanderjagt could become available :ontome:

Jan Reimers
01-06-2005, 05:02 AM
Maybe Dallas will give us our draft pick back for Drew Bledsoe and TH. :couch:
Yeah, and some pigs just flew over my house, on their way to watching Hell freeze over.

Seriously, I think we take the best O and D linemen available with our first 2 picks.

Shasta McNasty
01-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Bass would be a nice pick. Where is Vince Carter the Center from the Sooners ranked?

I think Trey is going to be the starting Left Tackle as Jonas is gone. Tucker might center.

Earthquake Enyart
01-06-2005, 09:02 AM
He's gonna have a rude awakening when he has to kick outside.

chubluv
01-06-2005, 09:58 AM

He's gonna have a rude awakening when he has to kick outside.

I agree with EE, we already have a former indoors kicker I dont think we need another ...

jamze132
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
We ain't gettin' no center that you guys speak of. They will be off the board by then. Just grab Nugent so we have something nice to talk about. Din't the Raiders grab Janikowski in the 1st or 2nd? I think they liked that pick.

mysticsoto
01-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I love TH and think he is a strong warrior, but fact of the matter is that WM is better and TH won't be happy as his backup. B'cse of this, I think we should trade TH to Oakland and get the lineman that Robert Gallery replaced. He was good and the only reason they took him out was b'cse Gallery is a big name and commanding big dollars - and so they feel compelled to use him (kind of like why TH isn't playing - oh the irony). But we should get him (Langston Walker) and try for a 3rd rd pick from them. They need a strong, tough running back badly. With their awesome O-line, TH should excel there.

Then, we should definitely take the best O-lineman available. A mammoth Center probably would be preferable, although Ross Tucker is big...I don't understand why they didn't keep him at Center. I know that for a center, you need to be somewhat intelligent, and I'm going to guess that Teague is and that's why they like him there. But Center should be a massive guy and Teague isn't that big. I think he would do better at guard or tackle, as I think he has decent speed - but just isn't strong enough to deal with some DTs. I'm also hoping Lawrence Smith might be better next year. He actually did pretty decent for a 1st year player.

Assuming we could do the trade with Oakland, our drafts could concentrate mostly on OL, DL, K and can actually focus a great deal more on best available. I could see it going something like this:

2nd OL/C
3rd DT (If we lose Pat Williams, this might even move up)
4th K
5th Best available (S? CB?)
6th Best available
7th Best available

Fact of the matter is that if we really, REALLY, want to be a smash mouth in your face type football team, we've got to have a line that can open holes so that 2nd line of defense (linebackers) can encounter the power of Shelton, and 3rd line of defense (Safeties) can try to catch the elusive McGahee. If we are able to implement that sort of line, we will be virtually unstoppable. And for a place where we get strong winds, snow, ice, etc...having a power running game is essential to having some wins when December and January hit. But it's essential that we develop that dominating type of line.

A dominating line could also offer Bledsoe more time before he retires and give Losman more time to develop - but Bledsoe vs Losman is a whole 'nother topic. :D

Mystic