PDA

View Full Version : McGahee sheds lingering concerns about his knee

The_Philster
01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Willis McGahee had one condition before he answered questions about his first competitive season with the Buffalo Bills.

"Nothing about my knee," McGahee said this week, smiling. "You all got it? Ask about the knee and I'm walking off."

The running back was referring to the left knee he tore up in college, an injury that kept the Bills' first-round pick sidelined in his 2003 rookie season....more (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2005/01/05/sports1646EST0417.DTL)

YardRat
01-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't blame him...I think he's done enough on the field that the injury is old news, history, and a non-story at this point. The media needs to get over the injury and on to the next level of questioning.

Bill Brasky
01-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Willis McGahee had one condition before he answered questions about his first competitive season with the Buffalo Bills.

"Nothing about my knee," McGahee said this week, smiling. "You all got it? Ask about the knee and I'm walking off."

The running back was referring to the left knee he tore up in college, an injury that kept the Bills' first-round pick sidelined in his 2003 rookie season....more (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2005/01/05/sports1646EST0417.DTL)

We get sick of seeing certain threads over and over, imagine what it's like getting the same question 7209483 times a day?

Cntrygal
01-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't blame him...I think he's done enough on the field that the injury is old news, history, and a non-story at this point. The media needs to get over the injury and on to the next level of questioning.

I agree!

We get sick of seeing certain threads over and over, imagine what it's like getting the same question 7209483 times a day?

No kidding!!!

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 12:07 AM
And he refused to take credit for sparking the Bills' turnaround, overcoming an 0-4 start to finish 9-7 and missing a chance to make the playoffs only with Sunday's season-ending loss to Pittsburgh.

Buffalo went 9-2 when McGahee started, and 7-0 when he rushed for 100 yards.

"It was a team thing," he said. "I provided a little spark and then everybody started making plays."

Best part of the article. Granted it is the "right thing to say" but I'm glad he knew what to say, regardless if it is true or not.

Typ0
01-06-2005, 12:17 AM
WM, barring injury, is going to tear up the league next season.