PDA

View Full Version : When next years rankings come out?

FTG
01-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Where do you think Willis McGahee will be listed. I would say top 5 RB

:feedback:

Ebenezer
01-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Where do you think Willis McGahee will be listed. I would say top 5 RB

:feedback:
I'll bet he goes top 5 overall in many leagues in and around Buffalo next year...

I agree...top 5 RB

Charlieguide
01-12-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't think he'll be ranked in the top five RB's. Before you start arguing, hear me out. Keep in mind that most projections are based on the last year's numbers, meaning people will rank him based on his totals for the 2004 season.

According to the numbers, Willis ranked in the top ten RB's (at ninth-tenth) in the leagues I played in. In per-game average, he's a lot lower . . . but in the last 4 weeks, he does sneak into the fifth slot. That's why I don't think people have seen enough of Willis McGahee to put him in the top five.

That will be reserved for players that dominated the entire season: Sean Alexander, LT, Curtis Martin, Tiki Barber, and Domanick Davis/Corey Dillon/Edge. Preist Holmes may still sneak in, but he was hurt a lot, and really had one huge game that padded his stats.

That being said, I think he may be one of the top five RB's in the game at the end of the 2005 season, based on what we've seen, and claims that he's still only 85%. What does that mean? He'll probably be a late-first-round steal, and if he falls to the second round, pick him up unless Peyton Manning is still available.

FTG
01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Martin top 5? I doubt it. He's to old.

Crisis
01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Martin will be a late 1st/2nd rd pick. Willis will be a mid-late 1st rnd pick. LT will be #1, followed by Alexander (depending where he is next year), Edge (if Peyton getting all the TDs doesn't scare people away) then I say Willis goes.

Philagape
01-15-2005, 09:51 AM
1. LT
2. Alexander, depending on where he ends up
3. Edge
4. McGahee

There's no way I'm touching Holmes in the first three rounds. He'll be next year what Faulk was this year.

FTG
01-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I'd take Willis #1 overall if I had the pick

Philagape
01-15-2005, 04:31 PM
I'd need to see better run blocking and a passing game that opponents respect

Charlieguide
01-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Don't forget that being a Bills fan may create an unrealized bias. I've been high on Moulds the past two seasons, and look what it got me . . .

Being a fan also creates more awareness than a non-Bills fan. While that's an advantage, it's not necessarily one that means you should pick him higher. It just means that you know he's a solid 6th-10th RB, while others may reach for someone less talented.

Curtis Martin may be old, but he's the rushing leader, he's healthy, and won't be overworked. Go ahead and pass on him, and I'll take him with my pick, probably over Willis. How many of us thought he, Bettis, and Emmitt were too old this year?

chubluv
01-20-2005, 08:08 AM
CBS sportsline has an early look at 2005 player rankings. They list Willis as the #6 RB, but they still have Holmes at #3 which I'm sure alot of us disagree with.

http://freechallenge.1.football.sportsline.com/news/8066981

Charlieguide
01-21-2005, 12:44 PM
wow. I may stand corrected, come summertime. Way to go, Travis.

Philagape
01-21-2005, 07:15 PM
CBS Sportsline's rankings always suck

Charlieguide
01-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I was surprised at the accuracy of AskTheCommish.com's rankings. I found them very useful in prepping for my season. They changed almost daily, which shows they were doing frequent mock drafts.

Philagape
01-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Those are the rankings I follow, average draft position. ESPN is good for those

BillsFever21
01-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I don't follow other sites rankings. I just follow my own. I don't need other people to tell me what to do.

Philagape
01-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't usually care what the pundits' opinions are, but I do follow ADP to get an idea of which players are going in which rounds, to see who I can wait on in a draft. Of course, every draft is different, but it's a little research tool.