X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Listening to Brad Rider last night

And he had on Tom Makas(spelling) from pro football weekly. When posed the Bledsoe question he said that he feels JP is no where near ready and that he isn't high on JP anyways. He said I don't have any idea why you would want to pay 4 million on a buyout of Bledsoe's Contract to have a total unknown and unready Losman play.

Not sure of this guys credibility just stating something I heard last night.

Thanks
    Thurm
  • clumping platelets

I agree. Howard Simon was going over the list of FA QB's this morning.....

Some guys could get cut loose in cap cutting moves, but I'm not overly enamoured by Fiedler, Warner, B. Johnson, etc. None of them would be better than Bledsoe. Tommy Maddox will likely remain with Pittsburgh for another year and that was stated earlier this season

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

TD is a great draft talent evaluator. We used 3 picks to aquire JP and that means they think JP is a franchise qb. I'm sure Modrak thought so too.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        I agree. Howard Simon was going over the list of FA QB's this morning.....

Some guys could get cut loose in cap cutting moves, but I'm not overly enamoured by Fiedler, Warner, B. Johnson, etc. None of them would be better than Bledsoe. Tommy Maddox will likely remain with Pittsburgh for another year and that was stated earlier this season
        Would you want Maddox anyways? He is a Drew Clone but isn't even as good.

Comment

• FTG
          • Aug 2004

He's just another sportswriter with an opinion. Wether they start him or not next year the Bills obviously disagree with this guy. They would not of moved up to get him if they were not high on him.
          Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            TD is a great draft talent evaluator. We used 3 picks to aquire JP and that means they think JP is a franchise qb. I'm sure Modrak thought so too.
            I think he is also. Just stating the fact that he may not be ready.

Lets discuss this. We cut Bledsoe eat 4 million(save 2) and go in with JP starting. We would have to sign at least another veteran backup. Lets say Brad Johnson at 1-2 million. That means we traded Bledsoe for Johnson(or any veteran qb) and didn't save any money.

Does anyone here think that JP is going to be ready next year? Wouldn't everyone here rather have 2 options? I would rather have and open Competition and have the best QB win.

The other side of the coin would be to say F it go with JP and let him learn on the job and we go 6-10 or something(obviously we could do better). You can say all you want about Bledsoe will never win us anything and you are probably right but we Definitly won't win anything if we don't at least make the playoffs.

It is a tough call though and hopefully everything will work out!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
              He's just another sportswriter with an opinion. Wether they start him or not next year the Bills obviously disagree with this guy. They would not of moved up to get him if they were not high on him.
              That I agree with. I have read many good things on JP.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Would you want Maddox anyways? He is a Drew Clone but isn't even as good.

No......it's not like he played well vs the Bills on Sunday anyhoo.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I am sure that there was some moran saying that Marino and Montana weren't ready and were going to be busts.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    I think he is also. Just stating the fact that he may not be ready.

Lets discuss this. We cut Bledsoe eat 4 million(save 2) and go in with JP starting. We would have to sign at least another veteran backup. Lets say Brad Johnson at 1-2 million. That means we traded Bledsoe for Johnson(or any veteran qb) and didn't save any money.

Does anyone here think that JP is going to be ready next year? Wouldn't everyone here rather have 2 options? I would rather have and open Competition and have the best QB win.

The other side of the coin would be to say F it go with JP and let him learn on the job and we go 6-10 or something(obviously we could do better). You can say all you want about Bledsoe will never win us anything and you are probably right but we Definitly won't win anything if we don't at least make the playoffs.

It is a tough call though and hopefully everything will work out!!!!

E. Moulds seems to think Losman may be ready based on a post I read earlier with a link to a converstaion with him on WGR. Competition is always healthy for a football team. As much as I cannot stand the over-all play we have received from Bledsoe, there really isn't anyone available who is much better. The best we can hope for is that J.P. can wrest the starting job away from Drew. Besides Drew knows deep down that his job is up for grabs and like it or not, that is just life. I am sure he understands this and the comments he has made ("It is my team") were made strictly out of pride. Buffalo is as tough of a place to play as there is. The fans and media do not hold anything back. I'm sure he was only defending himself. Fair is fair and even a dolt like Bledsoe can understand that.

Yes Drew it is your team. Your team to lose.
                    Last edited by Drive 4 Five; 01-06-2005, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                      E. Moulds seems to think Losman may be ready based on a post I read earlier with a link to a converstaion with him on WGR. Competition is always healthy for a football team. As much as I cannot stand the over-all play we have received from Bledsoe, there really isn't anyone available who is much better. The best we can hope for is that J.P. can west the starting job away from Drew. Besides Drew knows deep down that his job is up for grabs and like it or not, that is just life. I am sure he understands this and the comments he has made ("It is my team") were made strictly out of pride. Buffalo is as tough of a place to play as there is. The fans and media do not hold anything back. I'm sure he was only defending himself. Fair is fair and even a dolt like Bledsoe can understand that.

Good post.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                        E. Moulds seems to think Losman may be ready based on a post I read earlier with a link to a converstaion with him on WGR. Competition is always healthy for a football team. As much as I cannot stand the over-all play we have received from Bledsoe, there really isn't anyone available who is much better. The best we can hope for is that J.P. can west the starting job away from Drew. Besides Drew knows deep down that his job is up for grabs and like it or not, that is just life. I am sure he understands this and the comments he has made ("It is my team") were made strictly out of pride. Buffalo is as tough of a place to play as there is. The fans and media do not hold anything back. I'm sure he was only defending himself. Fair is fair and even a dolt like Bledsoe can understand that.

I agree that there really isn't much better than Bledsoe worth dumping DB's salary so the best alternative is have a QB competition. If JP works hard in the off season up in Buffalo I think he has a good chance to overcome DB.

Comment

• dannyek71
                          Drink Responsibly
                          • Dec 2004

JP will be another Rob Johnson, or Brett Farve.

We'll know in a few years....
                          [

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

All I know for sure is that Bledsoe is not very good anymore...that is a fact. As far as Losman is concerned, nobody truly knows how good he will be. I will take that over knowing that we are playing with a crappy QB. The "unknown" is sometimes better than the "known."

Comment

• buffalofan19
                              God's gift to the Zone
                              • Dec 2004

You think Brad Riter's show was interesting yesterday? Try Listening today. WOW!

I have to say that he makes some good points though about Bledseo.

The Bills did go 9-7 with him at QB. A winning season counts for something on the QB. Don't toil with it. It's coming along, adn chances are will get better next year.

The coaching staff does not seem to think JP Losman is ready yet. He was not even upgraded from the number 3 spot (while all the other 1st round draft picks were at made at least backups by the middle of the year, both this year and last). Be that because of his injury (i.e. not his fault) or not, the coaches still don't think he's good to go yet.
                              Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                              Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                              Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                              Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                              Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                              Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

Working...