PDA

View Full Version : I've Found McGahee's Backup....

eyedog
01-06-2005, 08:47 AM
.... Eric Shelton from Louisville. He is a junior who is leaving school early. He originally went to Florida State. He is a big back, bigger than WM even and would be a perfect backup in this system. I'm not sure where he will go in the draft but it will be day one. If he is there in round three than I say get him. Has anyone seen him play ?

ryven
01-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Here a link on him:

http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shelton_eric00.html

Jayhawk
01-06-2005, 09:17 AM
yeah he's good and a touchdown maker.

FTG
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
whats wrong with Shaud Williams?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Shaud Williams SUCKS in my humble opinion.

I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him staying in the league for long...he's small but not the speediest or shiftiest. Much better backs have come and gone from the Bills with little impact (J. Linton & S. Morris are two that come to mind).

This Shelton sounds intriguing.....but so does the schmo they picked up as a street free agent recently....

I would bet the farm that Williams is not the primary backup for this squad next September.

DraftBoy
01-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Shaud Williams SUCKS in my humble opinion.

I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him staying in the league for long...he's small but not the speediest or shiftiest. Much better backs have come and gone from the Bills with little impact (J. Linton & S. Morris are two that come to mind).

This Shelton sounds intriguing.....but so does the schmo they picked up as a street free agent recently....

I would bet the farm that Williams is not the primary backup for this squad next September.

Did you watch the last few weeks of the season?

FTG
01-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Did you watch the last few weeks of the season?
apparently not! Backup running back is way down the need list for this team

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Every down. I saw NOTHING from Williams that I didn't see from Simonton or other castoffs. I don't like his footwork, his field vision is only average, he does not wait for his blockers, he is not strong enough to make yards after contact.....he does have decent hands and decent speed, so maybe my choice of words was too harsh.

OK, he doesn't SUCK. He is very average, and is not a viable backup in the NFL at this stage of his career.

Tell me what you see.....

justasportsfan
01-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Nope, He just had a neck injury if it were a blown knee TD would be interested.

shotgun
01-06-2005, 11:34 AM
if the bills draft another rb i will be pissed we do not need another back up running back with what he got behind henry and even after henry is gone we have rb's

eyedog
01-06-2005, 12:22 PM
I'll guarantee you two things regarding the Bills running backs for next season.

1. As already been mentioned, S. Williams will not be WM's back-up next year.
2. If Henry is traded, probable, they will draft a runner somewhere in the '05 draft.

schobelisdaman
01-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I think Shelton would be a good pick.......Green Bay proves it with their running game that three solid backs can result in fresh legs down the stretch. Willis , Shelton , then Williams would be perfect.

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I agree with you amigo. I don't theenk he ees bad at all.