X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

Moulds expects open QB competition in training camp

Moulds also told WGR if both Drew Bledsoe and J.P. Losman are back for 2005, he sees a healthy, open competition for the starting job at training camp. He thinks Losman is a smart player with all the attributes to be a good quarterback and its just a matter of how fast Losman progresses. Moulds indicated Losman got better in practices over the course of the season and even "picked our defense apart a couple of times."

Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

• Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Moulds is with us at heart...

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

I like that he did not say that Drew should just be given his job without a challenge.

Looks like Bledsoes the only one at 1 Bills Drive saying it His team

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

Very very good news indeed. Sure as heck made my day...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Will there be a competition at WR for guys who don't have 2 drops a game?
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mehser
            Will there be a competition at WR for guys who don't have 2 drops a game?
            Seriously... I see Moulds as the kind of guy wo would try to pawn his drops on someone else. It doesnt matter who the QB is Eric when the ball hits your hands its your ball.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

I heard that and Moulds even said he didn't know if Bledsoe wanted to be here or if the orginazation wanted him here.
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Seriously... I see Moulds as the kind of guy wo would try to pawn his drops on someone else. It doesnt matter who the QB is Eric when the ball hits your hands its your ball.
                Oh Brother. He was hardly trying to pawn his drops off on Bledsoe.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I was worried about Moulds. Like I said, Evans will be great, he needs Moulds to get there.

I just hope they sit Vincent during practices when JP is taking the snaps .
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Whether he did or not, to me, is umimportant. He dropped passes all year.

I'll be interested to see how his re-negotations go. According to his agent they are set to start soon. (From the radio this morning, no link. Sorry)

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Whether he did or not, to me, is umimportant. He dropped passes all year.
                      So did Reed and everyone else that had to catch passes from 5-10 out running horizontally. Evans didn't have to run those routes much. He ran deep and Drew is more accurate that way.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                        Moulds is with us at heart...

That's my boy!
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Moulds is supposed to be an elite WR and should make most of the semi-difficult catches. He didn't and also dropped some that were right on the hands. Based on having higher expectations, his season was also very disappointing.

But you are obviously correct, Bledsoe is a better deep ball passer.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Moulds is supposed to be an elite WR and should make most of the semi-difficult catches. He didn't and also dropped some that were right on the hands. Based on having higher expectations, his season was also very disappointing.

But you are obviously correct, Bledsoe is a better deep ball passer.
                            It is easier for any wr to catch a ball more than 5-10 yds out. I'd like to see Moss or Harrison run 5-10 yd routes all game w/ the velocity that Drew puts behind that ball.

The last time I saw Moulds run a long route and make a play on a throw (like Flutie used to) was against the Pats and he scored a TD. Since then it was Evans running those long routes and Moulds was made to run short to attract db's and freeing up Evans in the process.

Reed too wasn't running side ways in his rookie year and he was making those catches.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-06-2005, 11:28 AM.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

MBB..... your sig.....

That's just plain wrong...ack.

Comment

Working...
                              X