PDA

View Full Version : Moulds expects open QB competition in training camp

FTG
01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Moulds also told WGR if both Drew Bledsoe and J.P. Losman are back for 2005, he sees a healthy, open competition for the starting job at training camp. He thinks Losman is a smart player with all the attributes to be a good quarterback and its just a matter of how fast Losman progresses. Moulds indicated Losman got better in practices over the course of the season and even "picked our defense apart a couple of times."

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0638

Iehoshua
01-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Moulds is with us :mex: at heart...

:biggrin:

FTG
01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I like that he did not say that Drew should just be given his job without a challenge.

Looks like Bledsoes the only one at 1 Bills Drive saying it His team :snicker:

Drive 4 Five
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Very very good news indeed. Sure as heck made my day...

:fab: :gobills:

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Will there be a competition at WR for guys who don't have 2 drops a game?

The King
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Will there be a competition at WR for guys who don't have 2 drops a game?

Seriously... I see Moulds as the kind of guy wo would try to pawn his drops on someone else. It doesnt matter who the QB is Eric when the ball hits your hands its your ball.

ScottLawrence
01-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I heard that and Moulds even said he didn't know if Bledsoe wanted to be here or if the orginazation wanted him here.

FTG
01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Seriously... I see Moulds as the kind of guy wo would try to pawn his drops on someone else. It doesnt matter who the QB is Eric when the ball hits your hands its your ball.
Oh Brother. He was hardly trying to pawn his drops off on Bledsoe.

justasportsfan
01-06-2005, 11:09 AM
:phew: I was worried about Moulds. Like I said, Evans will be great, he needs Moulds to get there.

I just hope they sit Vincent during practices when JP is taking the snaps :D.

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Whether he did or not, to me, is umimportant. He dropped passes all year.

I'll be interested to see how his re-negotations go. According to his agent they are set to start soon. (From the radio this morning, no link. Sorry)

justasportsfan
01-06-2005, 11:12 AM

So did Reed and everyone else that had to catch passes from 5-10 out running horizontally. Evans didn't have to run those routes much. He ran deep and Drew is more accurate that way.

mybills
01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Moulds is with us :mex: at heart...

:biggrin:
That's my boy! :up:

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Moulds is supposed to be an elite WR and should make most of the semi-difficult catches. He didn't and also dropped some that were right on the hands. Based on having higher expectations, his season was also very disappointing.

But you are obviously correct, Bledsoe is a better deep ball passer.

justasportsfan
01-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Moulds is supposed to be an elite WR and should make most of the semi-difficult catches. He didn't and also dropped some that were right on the hands. Based on having higher expectations, his season was also very disappointing.

But you are obviously correct, Bledsoe is a better deep ball passer.

It is easier for any wr to catch a ball more than 5-10 yds out. I'd like to see Moss or Harrison run 5-10 yd routes all game w/ the velocity that Drew puts behind that ball.

The last time I saw Moulds run a long route and make a play on a throw (like Flutie used to) was against the Pats and he scored a TD. Since then it was Evans running those long routes and Moulds was made to run short to attract db's and freeing up Evans in the process.

Reed too wasn't running side ways in his rookie year and he was making those catches.

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
MBB..... your sig.....

:wtf:

That's just plain wrong...ack.

DaBills
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Moulds should worry about competition for the #1 WR slot instead of who's going to be QB. Wonder if he'll work with JP and Drew in the off-season like he was supposed to with RJ?

:shocked:

DaBills
01-06-2005, 03:46 PM
MBB..... your sig.....

:wtf:

That's just plain wrong...ack.

Don't cha' get it? It's a metaphor for our season. Donahoe is the girl. The guy on the floor is the fans.

:winkpunch

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Don't cha' get it? It's a metaphor for our season. Donahoe is the girl. The guy on the floor is the fans.

:winkpunch
:rofl:

Bills 4 life
01-06-2005, 06:41 PM

I'll be interested to see how his re-negotations go. According to his agent they are set to start soon. (From the radio this morning, no link. Sorry)
DID U SEE THE DROPS IN THE JAX GAME? ROUTINE!