PDA

View Full Version : Some random thoughts

ghz in pittsburgh
01-06-2005, 11:41 AM
You can bet that Donahoe is working his brain over time trying to get something out of FA-to-be Jonas Jennings. It is believed that Jennings and Schoebel got offered roughly the same deal last year and only Schoebel took the deal. So you know where we stand on Jennings. Without a 1st round pick this year, Donahoe is sure as hell to accumulate picks to work back into that 1st round.

It is reported in D&C today that Pat Williams is looking for a $4 million per for his next contract. Unless it is incentive-driven, buh-bye Pat. Besides, the Bills have a few younger players at that position waiting in the wing ...

I have to believe that the Bills will spend to get an impact player in the middle of that O-Line. Yes they improved over the season, but I don't see much upside. And yet that is crucial in Steeler type of run offense, something Mularkey is said to believe. The Steelers send a guard/center to Hawaii almost every year. They may not have great tackles, but they can always push a pocket, pop a guard or center to take out the first opponent's linebacker, allowing the running back going down opponent's throat. The Bills have to resort to more complicated outside run (more finess, more chance of messing up or holding), or simply leave it to the runningback's own device.

If I were JP, I'd stay in Buffalo this winter. Pennington waited for 2+ years before seeing the field. I'd try to master the entire playbook now that I saw it live for a season, and I'd ask Wyche to correct my machanics on every throw. I'd want to force Mularkey to build some plays that I can get on the field (not garbage time) even though I'm not the starter.

finsrclowns
01-06-2005, 01:05 PM
What possible incentive would a team have to offer ANY draft pick for a free agent to be? TD already said they won't use the franchise tag, which is the only leverage we had. jennings walks and we get nothing. That's it.

juice
01-06-2005, 10:21 PM
It's difficult to guage the type of season JJ had considering the garbage he had to play beside the entire season. Abraham kinda had his way with him, even though he was hurt in one of the Jets game.. that doesn't look good on game film.

Drive 4 Five
01-06-2005, 10:34 PM
It's difficult to guage the type of season JJ had considering the garbage he had to play beside the entire season. Abraham kinda had his way with him, even though he was hurt in one of the Jets game.. that doesn't look good on game film.

Jennings does seem to do a great job against Jason Taylor though.