X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billz_fan
    • Jan 2003

Tom Donahoe season wrap up interview 1/6

Pretty interesting, When asked about Drew being the #1 QB going into mini camps he said, I haven't spoken to MM about this so it's just my thoughts. I feel though that at the begining of every sesaon. Every position is up for graps.

Also,

" We should have been in the playoffs, the team knows it, the leauge knows it and the fans know it. Next year we expect to be in the playoffs. We are not willing to take a step backward to move forward"

Front page of BB.com

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information
    Last edited by Billz_fan; 01-06-2005, 02:18 PM.
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

Did'nt Donahoe get the memo this is Drews team
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

TD and MM have both now had an opportunity to declare this was still Drews team and they passed. I really think they are looking at a open competition next year. I'd rather just cut Drew but I'll take an open competition because JP can beat this dud out IMO
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Open competition would definitely be better than declaring it "Drew's team", but he still needs to go to give the team a chance to put all the bad history behind them. To be honest, in that spirit, I don't know that I'd mind getting rid of Moulds as well. This team has a lot of "clean" players (both vets and rooks) and maybe the best thing for the team is to start as clean as possible next year. Moulds has been here through alot of crappy years since '96 and maybe it's time to deal him. I dunno...I just really want to drop as much baggage as possible for next season to give the team a fresh start.
        Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 01-06-2005, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
          Open competition would definitely be better than declaring it "Drew's team", but he still needs to go to give the team a chance to put all the bad history behind them. To be honest, in that spirit, I don't know that I'd mind getting rid of Moulds as well. This team has a lot of "clean" players (both vets and rooks) and maybe the best thing for the team is to start as clean as possible next year. Moulds has been here through alot of crappy years since '96 and maybe it's time to deal him. I dunno...I just really want to drop as much baggage as possible for next season to give the team a fresh start.

Moulds wants to stay and, I would gladly keep him if I was Donahoe.
          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FTG
            TD and MM have both now had an opportunity to declare this was still Drews team and they passed. I really think they are looking at a open competition next year. I'd rather just cut Drew but I'll take an open competition because JP can beat this dud out IMO

Yup.

Glad to hear it.
            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Billz_fan
              " We should have been in the playoffs, the team knows it, the leauge knows it and the fans know it. Next year we expect to be in the playoffs. We are not willing to take a step backward to move forward"
              Tom is dillusional. We had no business in the playoffs and it was crystal clear with our performance at home against Pittsburgh's backups. Lest we forget the other six games we lost. We definitely have more a right to be there than Minnesota or St.Louis has but that's in the NFCrap.

What does Tom define 2003 as, if it wasn't a step backward to move forward? In '02 we were 8-8 then '03 we're 6-10. Now we were 9-7. Does this mean if we regress in '05 he's going to step down? Usually if teams go through periods of losing they take a few steps:

-Fire coaches. Done.

-Change QBs. Next on the agenda.

Not saying these steps are right or wrong but when teams continually stink, what changes first?

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Are you for real? Dump Moulds? Cynical doesn't begin to describe you my friend.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

no way i consider getting rid of moulds if he is willing to resturcture.. now if he isnt.. then....
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

To be honest, in that spirit, I don't know that I'd mind getting rid of Moulds as well. .
                    Ayayay. No asi .
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                      Are you for real? Dump Moulds? Cynical doesn't begin to describe you my friend.
                      Look, I didn't say I WANT to get rid of Moulds. I said "I don't know that I'd mind" and "I dunno", both terms that are not definitive. The only reason I said that was, as I mentioned, I want to the Bills to get the best, freshest start into the new season. That's ALL I'm saying.

Moulds grumbled about "re-evaluating after the season" when we were losing. He's also been here through alot of crap, like Ruben was. If...and that is a HUGE IF....we could get some kind of package deal where we got another WR capable of starting, I "don't know" that I wouldn't at least "consider" it.

That is entirely different than saying "I want to dump Moulds". Now with Drew on the other hand, there is no ambiguity or consideration. DUMP DREW.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        no way i consider getting rid of moulds if he is willing to resturcture.. now if he isnt.. then....
                        Restructure usually means pay more money upfront to extend. As you sure that is wise?

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Considering Moulds is still one of the top receivers in the league I think re-structuring would be wise.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                            Restructure usually means pay more money upfront to extend. As you sure that is wise?
                            i guess i was thinking restructure as in he drops some cash off the bill.. like drew did..

i would be fine with paying him 5 million a year.. 8-9 million is toooo much.

i was mad at his drops, but he is still an elite receiver on most days.. i want moulds to retire a bill.. i want him to be here when we win a championship.. i want him to continue to teach the young receivers..

i am sure we can work out something to make him happy and us too.. on jim rome a week ago, i heard him say that his first choice is to stay in buffalo for his whole career.. he respects guys that were able to do that.. and he wants to be one of them.. TD also said today that erics agent and eric were the ones that initiated the whole restructuring talk.

moulds can be a top 10 guy in this league.. but he did not have his best year.. but i also have faith that he can still be a top guy for a few more years, then be a great compliment to evans, who i think can be a marvin harrison type number one.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              TD also said today that erics agent and eric were the ones that initiated the whole restructuring talk.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X