PDA

View Full Version : Eric Moulds want to restructure and stay as a Bill!

Michael82
01-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Eric Moulds wants to end his career as a Buffalo Bill and will do what it takes with his contract to stay with the organization. Moulds told the WGR morning show on Thursday that there have already been talks with the Bills this week about re-structuring and extending his deal.

"I don't want to be one of those guys that says I need all the money in the world because I've made alot of money in this league. I would like to finish my career here and finish what was started."

Moulds told WGR he wants to be loyal to the Bills since they have been loyal to him over the years. A first round draft pick in 1996, Moulds cashed in with a 6 year, 38 million dollar contract following the 2000 season. Another reason to stay put is to continue mentoring fellow wideout Lee Evans.

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0638

Michael82
01-06-2005, 04:53 PM
"If I was to leave", said Moulds, "I would miss the progression of Lee Evans because right now he's not ready to be a number one. He will be two or three years down the road and if I leave now it messes up the chemistry for the offense."

I love this quote. :clap:

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 04:55 PM
If I can believe he's telling the truth (which I can) that's a great quote. Moulds' stock went up a notch in my book.

:mex:

EDS
01-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Good news, the offense would take a major step back without him. His stats may not always be great, and he does drop catchable balls, but he remains someone that defenses have to respect and that opens things up for the likes of Lee Evans.

Michael82
01-06-2005, 04:57 PM
If I can believe he's telling the truth (which I can) that's a great quote. Moulds' stock went up a notch in my book.

:mex:
Me too. :up:

nolimit
01-06-2005, 04:59 PM
cut his ass! :couch:

Iehoshua
01-06-2005, 05:15 PM
cut his ass! :couch:
Negged.

Awesome news! Definitely a realist who knows he's going to get paid whether he stays or leaves and doesn't want to deal with the uncertainties that come with changing teams.

helmetguy
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Good news, the offense would take a major step back without him. His stats may not always be great, and he does drop catchable balls, but he remains someone that defenses have to respect and that opens things up for the likes of Lee Evans.
I heard that interview during my white-knuckle drive to work, and Moulds also didn't duck the questions about his drops. I don't have a direct quote, but the gist was that, quite often, it was due to lapses in his concentration. Other drops could be attributed to "pressing" to make a play, rather than going with it. He did say he was going to spend considerable time watching film and dissecting what he did wrong and work to correct it.

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I heard that interview during my white-knuckle drive to work, and Moulds also didn't duck the questions about his drops. I don't have a direct quote, but the gist was that, quite often, it was due to lapses in his concentration. Other drops could be attributed to "pressing" to make a play, rather than going with it. He did say he was going to spend considerable time watching film and dissecting what he did wrong and work to correct it. Good to hear. :up:

Did he also mention having to do double-backflips to get to Drew's terrible throws as another reason?

:jk:

Crisis
01-06-2005, 05:43 PM
If its true, he's my new favorite Bill.

I wont believe anything until something happens though.

Good to see that alot of players are loyal (atleast they say they are) and want to stay (Pat Williams, and now E-Mo)

Bulldog
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Hopefully Jennings and Williams will follow suit!

Crisis
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Seems like Jennings is always hurt.

IMO he'll be a Falcon next year.

Pat said he wants to stay. Hopefully he is, he'd leave a huge void in this D.

madness
01-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I wish he would of talked to MM about the field goal before they kicked it.

Michael82
01-06-2005, 06:44 PM
I wish he would of talked to MM about the field goal before they kicked it.
Me too. :sadwalk:

finsrclowns
01-06-2005, 06:49 PM
If its true, he's my new favorite Bill.

I wont believe anything until something happens though.

Good to see that alot of players are loyal (atleast they say they are) and want to stay (Pat Williams, and now E-Mo)

You're right the words sound very good. Now let's see them backed up with actions. Pedro Martinez said he wanted to stay in Boston- that is until he didn't get exactly what he wanted.

Michael82
01-06-2005, 07:14 PM
You're right the words sound very good. Now let's see them backed up with actions. Pedro Martinez said he wanted to stay in Boston- that is until he didn't get exactly what he wanted.
Here's the difference....

Pedro Martinez was a free agent. Eric Moulds has a contract with the Bills for 2 more years.

Ebenezer
01-06-2005, 07:42 PM

Pedro Martinez was a free agent. Eric Moulds has a contract with the Bills for 2 more years.
Moulds has really matured during his time here...I don't know if that his doing, the Bills doing or a combination of things...I think he truly likes it here and wants to stay...he knows he can set all kinds of records and that having Evans around can only help him...

that being said, what he said was a great PR bit and should help him get the contract done and get him the money he wants and for the most part deserves.

Typ0
01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I heard that interview during my white-knuckle drive to work, and Moulds also didn't duck the questions about his drops. I don't have a direct quote, but the gist was that, quite often, it was due to lapses in his concentration. Other drops could be attributed to "pressing" to make a play, rather than going with it. He did say he was going to spend considerable time watching film and dissecting what he did wrong and work to correct it.

He's a nice guy and team player--he didn't want to say how much harder it is to catch the ball when you have no confidence in where it's going to be thrown to you.

Bill Brasky
01-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Did he also mention having to do double-backflips to get to Drew's terrible throws as another reason?

:rofl: I think you hate Drew as much as I hate Ashlee Simpson.

Ebenezer
01-06-2005, 07:57 PM

Mikey, how come you have no rep???

FTG
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Mikey, how come you have no rep???

:roflmao:

finsrclowns
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM

It's not as different as you think. Think the Bills are willing to bring Moulds back without a cut/restructuring? Answer: no. So the contract in effect means nothing. If Moulds refuses a pay cut he will be released and in my opinion he should be. Therefore all the talk in the world about wanting to stay...yada yada yada... means nothing until he does it.

Michael82
01-06-2005, 08:41 PM
:rofl: I think you hate Drew as much as I hate Ashlee Simpson.
:rofl: I can't stand her either. :ill:

Michael82
01-06-2005, 08:41 PM
It's not as different as you think. Think the Bills are willing to bring Moulds back without a cut/restructuring? Answer: no. So the contract in effect means nothing. If Moulds refuses a pay cut he will be released and in my opinion he should be. Therefore all the talk in the world about wanting to stay...yada yada yada... means nothing until he does it.
Not a pay cut...an extension. :up:

lordofgun
01-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Sorry, but I don't believe a word Moulds says.

Jersey1031
01-06-2005, 09:30 PM
i really hope he restructures and stays, because i just got an official moulds jersey for christmas.... :pray:

Tatonka
01-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Seems like Jennings is always hurt.

IMO he'll be a Falcon next year.

Pat said he wants to stay. Hopefully he is, he'd leave a huge void in this D.

why do you think he will be a falcon? do you even know who they currently have at LT and if they want to replace him?

oh wait.. he mentioned that atlanta was cool 2 years ago on a radio show.

jchild178
01-07-2005, 12:38 AM
thanks eric for wanting to stay a Bill...thats what a loyal player does with his team!

jamze132
01-07-2005, 01:00 AM
After Eric restructures, lets cut Evans!

RedEyE
01-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I hope this happens, but until it does I wouldn't hold my breath.

RedEyE
01-07-2005, 09:46 AM
After Eric restructures, lets cut Evans!

:skeptic:

Tell me that you're trying to be funny.

mybills
01-07-2005, 01:20 PM
:hail: Eric Moulds.
He's a classy guy and a hottie! :D

Jan Reimers
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM
If the Bills restructure Moulds, he'll probably drop the pen at the signing ceremony.

Mr. Cynical
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Sorry, but I don't believe a word Moulds says.
:gag:

Crisis
01-08-2005, 01:09 PM
why do you think he will be a falcon? do you even know who they currently have at LT and if they want to replace him?

oh wait.. he mentioned that atlanta was cool 2 years ago on a radio show.

Or the fact he lives there, loves the Falcons, played college at Georgia, and is on radio stations in Atlanta alot.