X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starfirestar
    • Nov 2002

Blockbuster Idea Trade

This one might not make any sense, but once the sale of the Sabres to Hamister and Burrman is complete, the Sabres should consider this trade with Calgary or vice-versa

Calgary gets:Tim Connolly, JP Dumont, 2nd round pick

Buffalo gets: Jarome Iginla

Iginla has a contract that the Sabres could live with. He only signed a two year deal I believe. Buffalo gets the offense they want, and Calgary gets a young-cheap potential superstar in Tim Connolly. Connolly would be much more suited for the Western Conference's wide-open style of play. Dumont just needs a change of scenry all together.
  • Fat Tony
    • Sep 2002

Calgary would not do it.

If someone offered you Connally and Dumont for pre- cuncussion Lafontaine in his prime would you do it?

Comment

• MissBuffalo
      Quiddity
      • Jul 2002

The sad thing is, Calgary was willing to part with Iginla when we wanted to trade Peca and Regier felt that we weren't getting much in the trade. What a fool.
      See me here pushing you
      If I then deny I do
      Contemplate or wish away
      If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

do me a favor?? don't quit whatever you do for a living. no GM in his right mind would give up more than a bag of pucks for Connolly or Dumont. There are reasons guys get traded more than once.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

I wish there was a GM in this league dumb enough to give us anything decent for Connally and Dumont

Comment

• BillC
            The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
            • Jul 2002

I guess we will have to wait for Rieger to get fired, hired by some other team and then...PRESTO! Someone who is dumb enough to take these clowns off our hands

Comment

• Judge
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by MissBuffalo
              The sad thing is, Calgary was willing to part with Iginla when we wanted to trade Peca and Regier felt that we weren't getting much in the trade. What a fool.
              True. Who would have known what Iginla might develop into back then? Connolly arguably was a surer bet then.
              Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                There are reasons guys get traded more than once.
                Yeah, must be Brendan Shanahan and Wayne Gretzky were scrubs too.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by casdhf

Yeah, must be Brendan Shanahan and Wayne Gretzky were scrubs too.
                  Good response!
                  Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I thought so
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Sabre11
                      • Aug 2002

I thought Gretzy was only traded once. The other time's he signed as a free agent...

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Gretzky went to Kings management mid season and they came to a mutual agreement to trade him to a contender, so LA would get something in return instead of losing him for nothing.

Bruce McNall was heading to jail, and the Kings could not afford him and needed to rebuild. Thus, the trade to St Louis for 2 months. He signed as a FA the nest season with the Rangers.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Gretzky Trades-

November 2, 1978
                          Edmonton Oilers (WHA) receive Wayne Gretzky, Eddie Mio and Peter Driscoll from Indianapolis for $850,000 (Indy folds by the end of the season).

In the spring of 1988 was traded to the Los Angeles Kings in one of the most stunning deals in NHL history. He, Mike Krushelnyski and Marty McSorley went to the Kings for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, first-round draft choices in 1989, 1991 and 1993 and $15 million.

2/27/96 - The St Louis Blues Acquired forward Wayne Gretzky from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Craig Johnson, Patrice Tardiff, Roman Vopat, and a 1st round draft choice.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

That would be more than once
                            cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• clumping platelets

There's a reason that Iginla has been mentioned in trade rumors:

He turned a career year into mega-dollars and now is not playing to the level of the contract.

No thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X