PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Tucker?

EDS
01-06-2005, 05:19 PM
From what I have seen he is solid at both guard and center. I wouldn't mind having him return as a starter next season.

Thoughts?

FTG
01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
I think he'd be even better if he was not trying to protect a statue :snicker:

ScottLawrence
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Eh.

He improved and did well this season but, I think we could use an upgrade there.

Weather its the draft or Free agency, I think we need an upgrade at LG.

helmetguy
01-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Tucker did well when he spelled Teague during his injury, and th Coaching staff seems to have liked what they saw, as well. Teague back at Tackle shouldn't be a difficult transition (in the event Jennings bolts). That leaves LG. It's too early to tell who might be out there who has experience and won't bust the cap. Having had a full season to look at what he has, McNally should be able to develop quality depth from within, and possibly through the draft.

The_Philster
01-06-2005, 05:56 PM
If he's not starting next year, it'd be ridiculous. He was solid at LG and at C. The question isn't whaether or not he should start, but where shuld he start? I think Teague's improved at C under McNally and Tucker is our best choice at LG. If Teague gets hurt, slide Tucker over and plug in Lawrence Smith at LG
I think he'd be even better if he was not trying to protect a statue :snicker:

someone's obsessed

Bulldog
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
I like Tucker. He's one of those attitude guys that would just as soon spit on you than look at you. Provides that nasty mentality the Bills line needs.

G. Host
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Tucker should have been starting LAST year and I thought he was finishing his blocks very well. Bills need to draft for depth and not later rounds because CV is getting older and is likely to be injured more. The fact that he can play both center and guard is a bonus.

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2005, 06:09 PM
From what I have seen he is solid at both guard and center. I wouldn't mind having him return as a starter next season.

Thoughts?

Solid backup at very least. Adequate starter at all inside positions.

Mr. Cynical
Teague is still an average C at best. I'd like to see him moved over to LT to see if he can hang with the big dawgs if JJ bolts. Not sure about Tucker, but I'm pretty sure he is cheaper than TT and gives you about the same play at C.

BillsRockSOMUCH
I'm a big Tucker fan. I think it's definately more of an issue to replace Teague than him.

EDS
01-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I also think the Bills should make every effort to retain Price, as he is at worst a excellent back-up tackle, and at best a solid starter.

The_Philster
01-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Teague is still an average C at best. I'd like to see him moved over to LT to see if he can hang with the big dawgs if JJ bolts. Not sure about Tucker, but I'm pretty sure he is cheaper than TT and gives you about the same play at C.

That might be a decent move...but I can't help but wonder how much he'd have to adjust moving back over to LT after being at C his Bills career

G. Host
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I also think the Bills should make every effort to retain Price, as he is at worst a excellent back-up tackle, and at best a solid starter.
Since the Bills have not made an effort yet to sign him again and he came for a shot at starter I think the chance of him signing again is slim.
;)

FTG
01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
someone's obsessed
someone else can't take a joke :limp:

FTG
01-06-2005, 06:45 PM

I really don't wanna see TT protecting our QB's blindside.

FTG
01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Since the Bills have not made an effort yet to sign him again and he came for a shot at starter I think the chance of him signing again is slim.
;)

Price is a FA? Thats news to me. BAD NEWS

ScottLawrence
01-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Solid backup at very least. Adequate starter at all inside positions.

Agreed.

I'd like to see us get better at that position in the draft.(David Baas please)

ScottLawrence
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
I really don't wanna see TT protecting our QB's blindside.

Same, and its pretty funny how people around here don't realize how bad Teague was at Tackle in Denver.

IMO, if Jennings leaves, you resign Price and name him the starter at RT and, move Mike Williams to LT.

Or, if you really want to bulk the line, sign a top Tackle in free agency.(Can we afford that?)

FTG
01-06-2005, 07:00 PM

IMO, if Jennings leaves, you resign Price and name him the starter at RT and, move Mike Williams to LT.

?)

I think thats likely

Tatonka
01-06-2005, 07:11 PM
i didnt notice tucker or villareal that much this season.. which is a good thing.

Tatonka
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I think thats likely

it actually isnt.. TD said in his press confrence that mike williams will stay at RT..

The_Philster
01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
someone else can't take a joke :limp:

I still read your posts, don't I? :D

Jan Reimers
01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
I think Tucker is a very smart player with a mean streak. I like the idea of leaving most of the line, including Tucker, in place to create some continuity. Of course if Jennings bolts, we'll have to make some changes, but I wouldn't move Tucker.

FTG
01-06-2005, 07:31 PM

That was mean and uncalled for :wail: :wail:

Tatonka
01-06-2005, 07:38 PM

:rofl:

The_Philster
01-06-2005, 07:46 PM
That was mean and uncalled for :wail: :wail:
:snicker:

:rofl:even Tatonka laughed at it :D

FTG
01-06-2005, 07:51 PM
:snicker:
even Tatonka laughed at it :D

betrayed by a fellow amigo.........................that really hurts :snicker:

Dantheman1280
01-06-2005, 09:32 PM
I say Ehh.
He is a good back-up for the inside line positions but I dont think he is a dominant starter. He can fill in very nicely, but he is not my ideal starter.

helmetguy
01-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Is the Bannan experiment over? I remember there was talk about him transitioning to O-line next season. McNally was said to be impressed with his quickness and attitude. With McGahee as the feature back, having some speed and agility up front might just allow for the counter-treys we used to see from Thurman Thomas. If the Bannan transition works out, we could possibly see (from Left to Right) Teague, Bannan, Tucker, Villarial, Williams.

Sounds good...provided the injury bug doesn't strike again like it did in camp this past season. It still wouldn't hurt to trim each guy down about 20 pounds, too.

cordog
01-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Something needs to be done up the middle. I think the Tackle play is solid, but there is some problems up the middle. Villarial is solid so the problem lies with Teague or Tucker. Tucker looks to be better at C than at LG.