PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Outsider and Bills Zone!

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Bills Zone chose to not prejudge theblackbear when theblackbear arrived on their site and just ban theblackbear on spot like some other cowardly Bills sites. Because of that theblackbear and Buffalo Bills Outsider is doing something that they have never done in the history of their existence.

Reaching out to another Bills site and offering a partnership. Bills Outsider has already made the first move by adding a link to Bills Zone on their site.

How will Bills Zone respond to this?

And

What will the world be like if theblackbear is featured in the ZONE?

:peace:

Billz_fan
01-07-2005, 01:02 AM

As deserted as the Buffalo Bills outsider :laughter:

buffalofan19
01-07-2005, 01:03 AM

A pretty scary place.:D

:jk: I think.

Dozerdog
01-07-2005, 01:05 AM
What's the exact link to your site, BB?

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 01:10 AM
What's the exact link to your site, BB?

http://geocities.com/buffalobillsoutsider (homepage)

http://outsidersports.proboards30.com (message boards)

http://geocities.com/buffalobillsoutsider/ChatRoomCommunity.html (chat rooms)

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 01:18 AM
As deserted as the Buffalo Bills outsider :laughter:

theblackbear has heard it all before and theblackbear doesn't sweat it. Why?

Because BBO is on a free server. It doesn't matter if the site doesn't have a lot of posters on the message boards or hits to the homepage. We don't lose anything.

There have been Bills sites that have come and gone because of not making any money while "The Out" is still here.

And

Will remain here as long as we feel like it!!

Another thing ....... "Where ever theblackbear goes the ratings go up!"

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 01:23 AM
Bills Zone has now just received major cool points by being added to "The Out" as a legitimate Buffalo Bills News Source.

BAM!!

Dozerdog
01-07-2005, 01:31 AM

Whoops- :rofl:

Didn't realize it was in your Sig ( I have them shut off) :winkpunch

Dozerdog
01-07-2005, 01:35 AM
That cartoon of the day cracks me up every time.... :funny:

The Outsider- the only Bills site with a soundtrack!!!

buffalofan19
01-07-2005, 01:36 AM
How often are the chat rooms used?

I think the Bills should have a frequently used one. There's one at Bills addiction but no one ever uses it. Hell, the Sabres have one that's more active (though not by alot) and they're not even playing.

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 01:38 AM
That cartoon of the day cracks me up every time.... :funny:

The Outsider- the only Bills site with a soundtrack!!!

No one will ever mistake Bills Outsider with any other Bills site. No question about that!

Billz_fan
01-07-2005, 01:41 AM
theblackbear has heard it all before and theblackbear doesn't sweat it. Why?

Because BBO is on a free server. It doesn't matter if the site doesn't have a lot of posters on the message boards or hits to the homepage. We don't lose anything.

There have been Bills sites that have come and gone because of not making any money while "The Out" is still here.

And

Will remain here as long as we feel like it!!

Where can we see the rating numbers ?

Dozerdog
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Just personal preference- but I can't stand chat rooms. Good if you are having an online meeting or something- but get 4 or 5 guys or more and it becomes mayhem. Invariably, there will be 2 or 3 conversations. My typing sucks anyway so I want the ability to go back and make quick edits.

But that's just me though.

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
How often are the chat rooms used?

I think the Bills should have a frequently used one. There's one at Bills addiction but no one ever uses it. Hell, the Sabres have one that's more active (though not by alot) and they're not even playing.

theblackbear doesn't know how often the chat rooms are used. theblackbear normally only hits the chatrooms during gametimes. During those times there are a few people that hit the chatrooms.

Dozerdog
01-07-2005, 01:45 AM

Know why Gilligan's Island and Three's company is no longer on TV?

No Bears......look it up!

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Just personal preference- but I can't stand chat rooms. Good if you are having an online meeting or something- but get 4 or 5 guys or more and it becomes mayhem. Invariably, there will be 2 or 3 conversations. My typing sucks anyway so I want the ability to go back and make quick edits.

But that's just me though.

Each Chat Room at BBO only holds 10-15 people so it will never get too crazy in there. There is also whisper features in the chatrooms.

They are just small personal rooms to talk Bills football.

Dozerdog
01-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Each Chat Room at BBO only holds 10-15 people so it will never get too crazy in there. There is also whisper features in the chatrooms.

They are just small personal rooms to talk Bills football.

I know how they work- I just have an aversion to them myself. I gave up private messaging for thre same reason as well. I prefer threads because you can leave it and come back nin a few hours and pick up where you left off.

Lots of guys do like them though.

If I were a better typist I'd probably change my mind.

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 02:36 AM
I know how they work- I just have an aversion to them myself. I gave up private messaging for thre same reason as well. I prefer threads because you can leave it and come back nin a few hours and pick up where you left off.

Lots of guys do like them though.

If I were a better typist I'd probably change my mind.

Chat rooms are definitely for people that can get down on the keyboard. Luckily theblackbear had two years of keyboarding (typing) in high school! No problems with typing on theblackbear's end.

Not only can theblackbear type like mad theblackbear has also tranformed some two finger typers into home row key demons.

The Black Bear
01-07-2005, 02:42 AM
message to Bills Zone ......

Check your Rochester D & C link. The link goes to an August 2004 page.

They're stupid on their site with links. The only thing you can really do linking to them is link to their homepage address. They move around the Bills information for some strange reason. That's why BBO removed the link to them.

WGR55 is also a dead link. Had the same problem in the past with them. Removed the link at "The Out." Their proper link is .....

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/index.php

You're missing the ZERO. Don't worry, they'll change that link again anyway. :crazy:

JJamezz
01-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the update on those links BB :up:

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2005, 11:27 AM

If EE goes there, does EE have to talk in the third person?

Meathead
01-07-2005, 12:09 PM
My typing sucks anyway so I want the ability to go back and make quick edits.

I think your editing needs editing.

lordofgun
01-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Pos rep for the black bear. :up:

The Black Bear
01-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Is Bills Zone afraid to be connected with Buffalo Bills Outsider? theblackbear has made the first move so now the ball is in your court.

Here's a suggestion .......

Replace the Bills Rock link with Buffalo Bills Outsider. They haven't updated that site in over a year.

Don't be afraid to be associated with the Public Enemy! You've seen the Enemy up close and personal and you must now know that the rumors about theblackbear and BBO were all false.

illusionone
01-09-2005, 07:56 AM
This is just my personal opinion, but it is really frustrating to read your posts when you speak in first person. You use the words "The Black Bear" in your posts so much that you lose your original point.

I find it annoying and somewhat arrogant.

Again, it is just my opinion.....

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 08:00 AM
:rofl: - It would probably be easier to just quote yourself

Mad Bomber
01-09-2005, 06:45 PM
This is just my personal opinion, but it is really frustrating to read your posts when you speak in first person. You use the words "The Black Bear" in your posts so much that you lose your original point.

I find it annoying and somewhat arrogant.

Again, it is just my opinion.....

I too find it somewhat annoying when theblackbear speaks in the
third person, but theblackbear uses capitalization, punctuation and grammar impeccably! The arrogance is somewhat offset by the respect for, and the proper use of, the English language.....

TigerJ
01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
The whole third person game is agravating, but I commend you, Blackbear, for making some positive contributions.

Demon
01-09-2005, 11:01 PM
People don't like the blackbear, but i like the bears to be honest. They add some spice to the board and they bring up some topics, which noone thinks off and they always get tons of replies and hits because they are interesting topics. Blackbear is cool in my book even if the 3rd person talk gets annoying but i can look past that. I enjoy his posts and hope he stays with Billszone!

STAMPY
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
This one funny thread. BEAR HUG

Iehoshua
01-09-2005, 11:49 PM
People don't like the blackbear, but i like the bears to be honest. They add some spice to the board and they bring up some topics, which noone thinks off and they always get tons of replies and hits because they are interesting topics. Blackbear is cool in my book even if the 3rd person talk gets annoying but i can look past that. I enjoy his posts and hope he stays with Billszone!

The Pink Bear absolutely owned.

The Black Bear
01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
BBO and theblackbear pull the offer off of the table after Bills Zone fails to respond.

It appears they do not want to cross the tracks and step into the dark side.

"The Out" still stands alone!

Just remember that if you're not with us you're against us!!

:fury:

SABURZFAN
01-16-2005, 04:36 PM
BBO and theblackbear pull the offer off of the table after Bills Zone fails to respond.

with that friggin attitude,i don't think too many people care.i sure as hell don't.

G. Host
01-16-2005, 04:44 PM

Most people started loading their guns when the Black Bore and his idiot relatives started visiting!

Billz_fan
01-16-2005, 05:14 PM
He just wanted a coat tail ride. When he didn't get it he got mad.

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 08:23 AM
I am a big fan of the bears. Do all of them post at the Outsiders?

dannyek71
01-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Wow a site hosted on Geocities.....im sure its a high class site that BZ wants to partner with.....I called up microsoft yesterday to see if they wanted to parter with me since I am a computer programmer, they havent even responded to my partnership offer.....

The Black Bear
01-31-2005, 03:58 AM
He just wanted a coat tail ride. When he didn't get it he got mad.
Buffalo Bills Outsider has been around as long if not longer than Bills Zone. :funny: We don't need to ride on anyone's coat tail. Why? Like someone else posted ..... "We are on Geocities!" (a free server)

Buffalo Bills Outsider does not have to make one cent to stay alive and we don't have to ask readers or posters for donations like some other Bills sites do. You know who you are. :nervous:

There have been plenty of Bills sites that have come and gone while BBO still stays alive. (Bills Ayslum for one)

Buffalo Bills Outsider will be around for as long as we feel like doing it.

theblackbear offered a partnership with Bills Zone to help "The Zone" earn some cool points. theblackbear = ratings! If anyone is riding someone's coat tail it is the "Zone." Just look at how this board changed since theblackbear arrived.

It's ok for theblackbear to help with the ratings here and bring some excitement but Bills Zone don't want to give something back or acknowledge the pull of theblackbear or the power of BBO?

Ok ...

What theblackbear giveth theblackbear taketh away!!

Philagape
01-31-2005, 07:54 AM
:tired:

TigerJ
01-31-2005, 08:59 AM
No more bears? Oh well, I'll simply have to satisfy myself with less pretentious Bills talk.

Iehoshua
01-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Buffalo Bills Outsider does not have to make one cent to stay alive and we don't have to ask readers or posters for donations like some other Bills sites do. You know who you are. :nervous:
I must say I'd prefer a site where I can personally support it financially without being blitzed with pop-up ads that have to be clicked 3 times to close. You're only going to get so much out of the 'freebie' people. There's nothing wrong with donations. Ultimately, nothing is free.

Mr.Right
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
The BillsZone folks would be smart to keep the "bear" around! :up:

Look at how boooooorrrinnng :tired: the teams' "official" board has become now that theblackbear and Mr.Right are no longer posting there! :cynic:

The Black Bear
02-01-2005, 04:33 AM
I must say I'd prefer a site where I can personally support it financially without being blitzed with pop-up ads that have to be clicked 3 times to close. You're only going to get so much out of the 'freebie' people. There's nothing wrong with donations. Ultimately, nothing is free.
There are no pop up adds at "The Out" and we are on a free server. The yahoo banner on the side is not unlike "ads by google" on the side of the zone. People that think they have to pay for websites are kidding themselves and/or are being ripped off.

Just look at all we have at "The Out" compared to sites that have their own domains.

1. Homepage with affiliates that include ..... Sporting News and Football Fanatics.

2. A chatroom community ......... "how many Bills site have that?"

3. A News Page broken down by month ........ Just for news. (formerly the message board) http://outsidersports.proboards30.com (http://outsidersports.proboards30.com/)

4. Daily Cartoons ......... Just like you would find in news paper. (original idea for a sports site)

5. Sound Track .......... Most Bills sites aren't cool enough to get away with having a sound track.

6. News Sources ........ Links to News Sources.

Everything people can do with a pay site we can do on our free server. We don't depend on anyone's donations or support. Our passion for covering the Bills is all we need. For the sites that depend on donations ..... what happens when you don't get those donations? You disappear like Bills Ayslum. Just look around and see the abandoned Bills site out there.

Another thing about "The Out." We don't have to kiss the ass of Bills fans or the Buffalo Bills by always being nice. We can say what the hell we want because we don't need fan support to stay alive.

That makes us the most non-biased Bills site on the net!

There isn't a Bills site on the planet that can do what we do at Bills Outsider.

And

There isn't a Bills site on the planet that is more infamous.

THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE IT.

Bills Zone doesn't want to be connected with "The Bad Guys?" Ok ....... perhaps that's the best thing for them. Apparently they are afraid to lose their fan support by being connected to villains. "Villains that Tom Donahoe himself have complained about!"

Whatever works for ya playa!!

The_Philster
02-01-2005, 05:01 AM
The BillsZone folks would be smart to keep the "bear" around! :up:

Look at how boooooorrrinnng :tired: the teams' "official" board has become now that theblackbear and Mr.Right are no longer posting there! :cynic:

It's been boring for years over there...don't kid yourself

Hemlepp53
02-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey guys... I'm not sure how old that site is but the Counter on the bottom of the page reads like 850 hits... I think that means only 850 people have been to the site RIGHT??? If that is the case WTF is The Bear talkin about it would benifit the Zone and its supporters to support eachother. EVEN if the counter is for the month or Jan. or even the new year 2005.. 850 isnt impressive for all the screaming and yelling everyone is doing. LOG or someone tell me how many hits the Zone gets in a month or yearly avgerage?

The Black Bear
02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey guys... I'm not sure how old that site is but the Counter on the bottom of the page reads like 850 hits... I think that means only 850 people have been to the site RIGHT??? If that is the case WTF is The Bear talkin about it would benifit the Zone and its supporters to support eachother. EVEN if the counter is for the month or Jan. or even the new year 2005.. 850 isnt impressive for all the screaming and yelling everyone is doing. LOG or someone tell me how many hits the Zone gets in a month or yearly avgerage?

:funny:

Hit counters don't mean squat. theblackbear could easily change that hit counter to where it says 10,000 hits. The same with the amount of posters on a message board, the amount of votes on a poll, etc!

For information purposes .... BBO resets the hit counter quite often. Not that it means anything anyway.

You still don't get it. Bills Outsider does not need a gang of hits or support from it's viewers. That's why we are not running all over the net trying to pimp our site like some sites do. "You know who you are?"

Don't kid yourself about Bills Zone. Just google Buffalo Bills and you find a bunch of sites including Bills Zone listed. That's where most of the hits come from. Bills Outsider is not listed in that grouping and we still manage to get hits. If we were in that listing we would get just as many hits as Bills Zone if not more.

You want to talk about hits? No-no-no! Lets talk about who's making money with their Bills sites and who is losing money and/or barely surviving.

:dance:

The Black Bear
02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Now BBO has 10,235 hits for January. :funny:

Let that be a lesson to you about hit counters!

:dance:

Philagape
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
You still don't get it. Bills Outsider does not need a gang of hits or support from it's viewers. That's why we are not running all over the net trying to pimp our site like some sites do.

This thread sure looks like pimping to me

SABURZFAN
02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
There isn't a Bills site on the planet that is more infamous.

THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE IT.

you sound pretty passionate about the Buffalo Bills Outhouse. :up:

The Black Bear
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
This thread sure looks like pimping to me
Pimping would be saying ....... "Come to BBO or Hey, check out BBO."

theblackbear offered a partnership with "The Zone" in this thread.

And

theblackbear answered the questions or responded to the comments of the posters posting on this thread.

theblackbear is not in the website pimping business. There is no reason for it.

lordofgun
02-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Pimping would be saying ....... "Come to BBO or Hey, check out BBO."

theblackbear offered a partnership with "The Zone" in this thread.

And

theblackbear answered the questions or responded to the comments of the posters posting on this thread.

theblackbear is not in the website pimping business. There is no reason for it.
Sorry, our admins don't actually read the forums. You should try emailing them.

northernbillfan
02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Sorry, our admins don't actually read the forums. You should try emailing them.
:lmao:

Crisis
02-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Crashing geocities sites is so easy.

BTW- I suggest you get a better server. Right now I'm helping make a turn-based game online, we have 3,963 sign-ups thru 3 months, going on 4 tonight. If you want your site to grow, you need a better server. Server costs 140$ monthly (2.4 ghz celeron, 1200 gb bw/month). If you want any site to be a big hit you need a reliable server, geocities is a joke.

Geocities sites go nowhere. Buy a .com or .net domain and build off that. Brush up on your coding, and try to get more staff members. This site has done a great job
building from the ground up, I suggest you take a few pages out of their book.

On top of that, geocities links are real turn-offs to anyone thinking its a real legit site.

Just a friendly word of advice.

Mr.Right
02-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I tried to sign up and got the following message:

Sign ups are currently disabled at this forum. Only administrators can create accounts.
:headscrat
c'mon bear, let Mr.Right join in the conversation!
:gossips:
......unless The Black Bear is AFRAID of what Mr.Right has to say!:bringit:

The Black Bear
02-03-2005, 08:18 PM
theblackbear is never afraid of what Mr. Right or any other poster has to say. The message board was transformed into a "news board." That's why signups were disabled.

Perhaps in the future BBO will add a special section on the News Board for fan feed back.

Probably not though.

theblackbear has never been a big fan of having his own message board at "The Out." To have a successful message board you have to actually put on your bright green and yellow shiny suit and go out and start pimping it. That's a pain in the ass.

theblackbear does not like the pimping aspect of having a website. That's part of the reason why theblackbear and/or BBO will not be getting their own domain any time soon.

On a free server it doesn't matter if you don't get a lot of hits because you're not spending a cent anyway.

-----------------------

For the poster that says that sites on Geocities don't get any respect. :funny: BBO has been around for almost three years and plenty of people in Bills circles know about the site and either love it or hate it. Either way they respect it for what it is ........

"THE TRUTH!"

And

The Truth is always free!!

-----------------------------

Bills Community!!

theblackbear has hit another Bills site that is new to the world and he is going to give them a shout out here. That site is Bills Fan Central. They have a message board that is similar to this one but because they are a new site they are slow on the traffic. If anyone wants to branch out like theblackbear does you should give their message board a look at ......

http://www.billsfancentral.com/forums

That's what being a part of the Bills Community is all about. Connecting to each other and not being afraid to reach out to what some may consider your competition. theblackbear has his own Bills site and he isn't afraid to hype up other Bills sites.

Just show theblackbear the respect he deserves and he'll give it back and then some.

Ya dig?