PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line

buffalofan19
01-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Regardless of who is quarterback next year, Bledsoe, Losman, or other, the Bills need to sign some o-linemen. This year's line improved, bt is still nowhere near good enough for my taste. Willis McGahee made them look better than they really were.

We all know Bledsoe would need the help, and I tend to think that Losman, even if he were to reach full potential next year, could only do so much behind the unit the bills have now.

Any suggestions as to who they should get? I've heard Walter Jones and Mayberry out of Philly (can't remember his 1st name).

BSXIII
01-07-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not sure if Mcgahee made them look better than they were. He finished with a below average YPC, and got most of his yards running to the outside, where the WR's are very good blockers. Neither Mcgahee or Henry had much success running between the tackles, which is the O-lines responsibility.

cordog
01-07-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure if Mcgahee made them look better than they were. He finished with a below average YPC, and got most of his yards running to the outside, where the WR's are very good blockers. Neither Mcgahee or Henry had much success running between the tackles, which is the O-lines responsibility.

exactly, the Tackles arent the problem, its up the middle. Tucker is a nice backup but hes not a starter. We need another G. Smith and Pucillo proved once again they cant get the job done.

Demon
01-07-2005, 02:01 AM
McNally will make Donahoe sign some guy from someones Practice squad and will develop him into a solid starter. lol

With McNally we're in good hands. I agree, we need to improve, but with great minds over looking the O-Line, i think we'll definetly improve in 2005 at O-Line.

justasportsfan
01-07-2005, 08:20 AM
I hope TD walks up to Mcnally and tells him, "tell me who you want in the OL market and we'll get them"

ryjam282
01-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Any suggestions as to who they should get? I've heard Walter Jones and Mayberry out of Philly (can't remember his 1st name).

I honestly think they will make a play at Walter Jones, there is no way Seattle can franchise him again with Alexander becoming a free agent. I think it would be HUGE if we got him for LT, resigned Jennings for RT and move big Mike to LG. That would be a great line.

Chadwick King of NY
01-07-2005, 08:34 AM
you need a guard & a centre, that idiot you have playing C this year was a pile of crap, against the steelers, he was owned all day by hoke a average backup