PDA

View Full Version : A coach that is as dumb as Greg Williams!

Novacane
11-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Think Lion fans are a little po'd! They win the toss in OT and then decide to differ and Kick off. They never see the ball and lose 20-17. Marty Mornhinweg and Greg should have a stupid contest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221124003

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-25-2002, 12:25 AM
MM is a complete idiot along with Matt Millen. Detroit took an anouncer and gave him tons of money HOPING he'd be good. The Lions have sucked for years and they will continue to suck.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2002, 02:25 AM
i'd be pi$$ed if i were a LIONS fan.

Mr.Reality
11-25-2002, 02:37 AM
The Lions have just been unfortunate lately. Mostly, it's the refs.

Sabre Ally
11-25-2002, 02:53 AM
:angry: refs

The_Philster
11-25-2002, 04:42 AM
I'd be pissed off too. That's just pure stupidity. It reminds me of when Wannstedt, then coaching the Bears, went for 2 at the end of the game against the Packers. Had they kicked the extra point, they would have tied and sent it to OT. His reasoning? If the game had gone into OT, the Packers would have probably won. Well, Dumb@$$, that shows real confidence in your team now, doesn't it? And going for two?? Even dumber in that situation.

The Natrix
11-25-2002, 12:23 PM
I can not believe that decision. Could it be the all time worst coaching decision in the NFL?

seriously, it is the most unbelievable thing I have ever heard.

Negatives for making the decision:

You just gave the other team the ball
All of the Lion's defensive players are going to be in shock, thus hurting their play
Lions offense is going to pissed standing on the sidelines
Players will be upset with coaches for following games
moves the Lions from 3rd most pathetic franchise to 2nd
Even if the D did stop them and then the Lions offense scored, it still would not be seen as a good coaching move. The fans would be calling the coach a "lucky idiot" instead of just an "idiot"

Positives:

None

ArcticWildMan
11-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Yet another coach collecting a pink slip at the end of the season. :D

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Once again, betten by the power of Jim Miller.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Mike Shannahan pulled a GW move last night in the Indy game. With 1:50 on the clock and no times outs left for the Colts, Shannahan calls a pass play which was incomplete. If he runs the ball the Colts get the ball back with about a minute left on the clock.

The Colts get the ball back and Kick the tieing FG to send the game into O.T. The Bronco's end up losing the game.

Novacane
11-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that was a really dumb move too TD. I bet he wishes he could have that one back. Shannahan is a good coach though. GW and Marty a professional dumbells