PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Bills Left Tackle in 2005?

don137
01-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Most liekly Jennings will be gone next year. Who will protect Drew or JP's blind side?

Ebenezer
01-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Most liekly Jennings will be gone next year. Who will protect Drew or JP's blind side?
most important question of the offseason...

ryjam282
01-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Walter Jones....Or Orlando Pace. We will have some extra dough if we don't have to worry about signing a 1st round pick. This is the position that is the most important on the whole team for us. It needs to be SOLID!!!

Forward_Lateral
01-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I know Jonas isn't the most durable in his career, but man, the guy was a horse this year. He played, very effectively I might add, with one arm for a third of the season. The guy had to get his shoulder TAPED back into place for the last few games. I say if E Moulds is true to his word and restructures to give the Bills a bit more cap room for this upcoming season, sign Jonas and Big Pat ASAP. Screw any Free Agent headaches like Plaxico or Bubba Franks, we don't need those jokers. I'd much rather worry about who will be our 3rd and 4th WRs than trying to find a competent LT to replace Jonas and a Big Run Stuffer to replace Big Pat.

Billz_fan
01-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Who will protect Drew or JP's blind side?

all 360 degrees of it :laughter:

awe crap you had JP in there. I just assumed it was DB :mad:

Forward_Lateral
01-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Walter Jones....Or Orlando Pace. We will have some extra dough if we don't have to worry about signing a 1st round pick. This is the position that is the most important on the whole team for us. It needs to be SOLID!!!

Do you think we will get either of those for less than Jonas? I highly doubt it.

Ebenezer
01-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Do you think we will get either of those for less than Jonas? I highly doubt it.
that is why in our season ending review i said the Bills might as well give him the money...

Shasta McNasty
01-07-2005, 01:15 PM
If not Jonas...Trey Teague.

Tatonka
01-07-2005, 01:19 PM
jonas stays.. so does pat williams..

we wont lose anyone.

Mudflap1
01-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Pace and Jones are more expensive, but much better players, and more durable.

Jon

Dr. Lecter
01-07-2005, 01:36 PM
If not Jonas...Trey Teague.
If it is Teague, I don't think 'protect' is the right word. He was pretty bad in Denver.

Mike Williams has a shot. He greatly improved this year.

Shasta McNasty
01-07-2005, 01:53 PM
If it is Teague, I don't think 'protect' is the right word. He was pretty bad in Denver.

Mike Williams has a shot. He greatly improved this year.

Mike would be an option at LT, But then who plays RT?

I do believe Teague would get the nod based on salary and experience. I believe LT's make more than Centers on average. So shifting Teague and spending the limited funds on a replacement at Center via free agency, draft or moving someone inhouse like Tucker would make sense under the given circumstances.

Forward_Lateral
01-07-2005, 02:42 PM
jonas stays.. so does pat williams..

we wont lose anyone.

I hope you are right! :pray:

NC-BILLS44
01-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Kyle Turley or Big Mike.

I know they're both RTs but why can't they switch sides?
Afterall, Big Mike is making LT money.

Michael82
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
LT Mike Williams
RT Marcus Price

jchild178
01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
you never know jonas could be gone and TD might just re-sign price

Dr. Lecter
01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Or maybe McFarland at RT. I watched him during the pre-season and thought he looked OK. It might be a year too early.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-07-2005, 03:45 PM
LT Mike Williams
RT Marcus Price

THERE IT IS FOLKS....wrap your minds around it cause this is what is gonna happen.

Mr. Cynical
01-07-2005, 03:46 PM
LT Mike Williams
RT Marcus Price
Good call. I think this is the sleeper choice. :up:

Ebenezer
01-07-2005, 03:48 PM
and your backups at T are?? because Price has shown to be more injury prone than Jennings...and the Bills love running over Villarial and Williams, why break that up?

Michael82
01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks. Mike Williams has improved tremendously this year and is getting paid like a LT and could become a great one. Marcus Price has always done a good job at RT and this should be a nice combo. :up:

Michael82
01-07-2005, 03:54 PM
and your backups at T are?? because Price has shown to be more injury prone than Jennings...and the Bills love running over Villarial and Williams, why break that up?
That's one thing I forgot. Willis loves running behind Big Mike and Villarrial. Maybe you don't want to break that up. As for depth...I'm sure they could find some. Plus, McFarland looked pretty good in TC and preseason last year. Maybe he'll be better this year.

Ebenezer
01-07-2005, 03:57 PM
btw, I meant to quote Mikey, not you....sorry...

ScottLawrence
01-07-2005, 04:46 PM
IMO, you either resign Jennings or, you find his replacement at LT in free agency.

Donahoe has already said, Mike will probably stay at Right Tackle.

I don't think I would trust Big Mike or Price to play LT next year especially with a young guy like Losman.

The only Tackle that the Bills could afford that I know of is Kareem McKenzie of the Jets.

Sign him, or resign Jennings or your probably stuck with Big Mike at LT and Price at RT.(Resign Price)

Tatonka
01-07-2005, 05:01 PM
TD stated in his end of the year press confrence a few days ago that big mike will NOT move to left tackle. he said he played extremely well and will stay where he is.

Bmax
01-07-2005, 05:42 PM
The left side needs to be addressed. I think tucker did a great job .. but he is not a long term answer. we should draft Both a tackle and a guard in the early rounds in this years draft....At tackle jennings should be resigned if that does not work then go
after price....I think we maybe able to draft anthony munoz's kid mike in rd 2 or 3 for the future....

Who was anthony's coach in the nfl ?--Jim mcnally.......

Go bills -Bmax

dannyek71
01-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Drew Bledsoe....Have you guys ever seen the way he just seems to stand there in the pocket like a stone statue in the face of the rush.....

My theory is, put him at LT and all the DE's would have to run around the statue

Liverpoolkev
01-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Do you think we will get either of those for less than Jonas? I highly doubt it.No but we have to pay franchise prices we might as well get the best and Pace and Walter Jones are consistently in the Pro Bowl and looking at the Playoff game today I can see why ..........Damn they are good