PDA

View Full Version : Are you over it?

Bufftp
01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
We all crashed and burned after the Bills lost to the Steelers, and the Jets lost to the Rams. A friggin Playoff spot lost. How long has it been?

Have past the denial and anger stages and gone to acceptance?

Are you looking (again, and again) to next year?

(to help me cope I had the BIG IOWA win the Cap One Bowl over LSU to help)

Billz_fan
01-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Im still bummed. I won't really get over it untill after the SB. Then I won't have football to watch without the BIlls on. It's not a debilitating bummed, I can carry on with my life and all I just still think about it each day. I will start thinking about draft day etc after the SB and then it will fade fast :up:

Mudflap1
01-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm over it.

Optimisitically speaking, this is a team on the rise that had a winning record in its first year after starting off really badly under a promising new head coach. A few tweaks here and there, and this team is a real contender. I just hope this offseason that they make the right moves (or at least SOME moves). If they don't, and they stand pat, then I'll be bummed heading into next season. I'd love to see TD be aggressive and get a nice guard, re-sign big Pat, re-sign Jonas for the right amount, or upgrade and get a better tackle, draft well, get a playmaking 3rd receiver, TE, kicker, etc.

It's promising they are already looking at kickers, even if that guy isn't the one, it shows they aren't wasting any time.

Jon

YardRat
01-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I was over it and conceded the loss by the middle of the fourth quarter.

I'm over it.

Optimisitically speaking, this is a team on the rise that had a winning record in its first year after starting off really badly under a promising new head coach. A few tweaks here and there, and this team is a real contender. I just hope this offseason that they make the right moves (or at least SOME moves). If they don't, and they stand pat, then I'll be bummed heading into next season. I'd love to see TD be aggressive and get a nice guard, re-sign big Pat, re-sign Jonas for the right amount, or upgrade and get a better tackle, draft well, get a playmaking 3rd receiver, TE, kicker, etc.

It's promising they are already looking at kickers, even if that guy isn't the one, it shows they aren't wasting any time.

Jon
Nice post.

BSXIII
01-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm over it now. The team had a good season, and IMO just ran out of time. I was hoping they could make a run this season, but in hindsight that was not very realistic. They went from being a below average team, to one of the top teams in the league during the second half of the season. They learned how to win games during the stretch and win big.

I think their domination of teams led us to expect too much from them too soon. They were able to do whatever they pleased against the lesser teams in the league, and improved in every aspect during that stretch. However, to be an elite team you have to learn to beat the elite teams. They went into the Pittsburgh game not knowing what would work against a top team. I'm sure they have a better idea now and if they had a game this week would come flying out of the gate. Unfortunately they just ran out of time. That's what I'm bummed about the most.

OpIv37
01-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm actually getting angrier about it as time passes. I went to the game and it was exciting for most of it, then had to catch a plane immediately after so I didn't really have time to stew over the loss. But the closer it gets to this weekend's games, the more disappointed I am. And the worst part is that it's 9 months before we get another shot.

FTG
01-07-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm over it. Though I'm still pissed at myself for going against everything my head told me and expecting Drew could win a big game for us. No thinking with my heart anymore.

BillsFanInMass
01-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Over what? We would have just got embarrassed on national tv by the likes of the Colts or if we beat them we werent getting by Pittsburgh or NE to go to the bowl. This team isnt ready for playoffs so you really cant be bummed out about missing them. We beat up on some sucky teams late in the season so what. I love this team as much as anyone but im not gonna beat myself up about this average team no getting in. Now if we would have gotten in and they named J.P the starter then maybe id be excited. :mex:

Michael82
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I was starting to get over it, but the fact that the first week of playoffs starts tomorrow and both the Jets and Broncos are playing when they both suck will really make me :ill: and :mad:

Bufftp
01-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Good so far, continue expressing yourselfs.

DaBills
01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I was over it until this thread was started.

:funny:

I suffer end of Bills' seasons really badly in general. It's not that we went 9-7 as much as knowing there's nothing really to follow on the team for months. Have to watch hoops just to get through.

paladin warrior
01-07-2005, 09:13 PM
We all crashed and burned after the Bills lost to the Steelers, and the Jets lost to the Rams. A friggin Playoff spot lost. How long has it been?

Have past the denial and anger stages and gone to acceptance?

Are you looking (again, and again) to next year?

(to help me cope I had the BIG IOWA win the Cap One Bowl over LSU to help) iam not over :madcloud: until Bills get playoff

Tatonka
01-08-2005, 12:37 AM
i am not over ****.. i am still pissed off as hell. i still want to kick the crap out of bledsoe for taking that sack and losing the ball.. i dont want to wait another 6 months without a damn friggen thing to look forward to sports wise..

every day i think about it.. it makes me hate bledsoe more.. damn him for making me BILLIEVE.. i should have known that i would come away disappointed. i still just cant believe it.. god damn it... damn it damn it.. **** bastard.. GRRRRRRR ... ARGGGGG..

hell no..i am NOT OVER IT.

:curse:

Typ0
01-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Today the playoffs start...and I woke up while dreaming of the image of Drew Bledsoe sucking ass. He sucks a lot of ass. He sucks. He better not be on this team next season because he is a useless piece of ****. If we had a QB who had more than character--one who could actually play the game--we would be playing today or tomorrow. Did I mention Drew sucks ass? If I didn't--Drew sucks ass. ***** all you want about it being a team game wha wha wha...the QB is no position to be giving games away. And Drew sucks ass. Give us a QB who won't give games away...that's all I ask.

Jayhawk
01-08-2005, 08:26 AM
**** no

mybills
01-08-2005, 08:36 AM
i am not over ****.. i am still pissed off as hell. i still want to kick the crap out of bledsoe for taking that sack and losing the ball.. i dont want to wait another 6 months without a damn friggen thing to look forward to sports wise..

every day i think about it.. it makes me hate bledsoe more.. damn him for making me BILLIEVE.. i should have known that i would come away disappointed. i still just cant believe it.. god damn it... damn it damn it.. **** bastard.. GRRRRRRR ... ARGGGGG..

hell no..i am NOT OVER IT.

:curse:
:roflmao:

Today the playoffs start...and I woke up while dreaming of the image of Drew Bledsoe sucking ass. He sucks a lot of ass. He sucks. He better not be on this team next season because he is a useless piece of ****. If we had a QB who had more than character--one who could actually play the game--we would be playing today or tomorrow. Did I mention Drew sucks ass? If I didn't--Drew sucks ass. ***** all you want about it being a team game wha wha wha...the QB is no position to be giving games away. And Drew sucks ass. Give us a QB who won't give games away...that's all I ask.
:roflmao:

BillsRockSOMUCH
01-08-2005, 09:40 AM
It's hard to explain, I perdicted us to go 9-7 and miss the playoffs at the beginning of the year and if it at 0-4, 1-5, or 3-6 you told me we would go 9-7 I'd be ecstatic and going from that start to this finish was really great but too know we were so close and just needed to beat and a practise squad to make it and didn't do it, bums you out when you know you easily could of. But I can look forward to the draft...again...for the 4th straight fricken year TD!!! I'm getting tired of not caring about the NFL in mid-January.

BillsFanInMass
01-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Look forward to the second round you mean?

BillsRockSOMUCH
01-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Look forward to the second round you mean?
Better than looking forward to nothing I guess. :;:

mybills
01-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I look forward to :bigwave: Drew!

BuffBills333
01-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I sure haven't recovered. I have avoided watching any football since then, couldn't even watch the Orange Bowl, and probably aren't gonna watch the playoffs this weekend.

Historian
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Did I mention Drew sucks ass? If I didn't--Drew sucks ass. .

:rofl:

I predicted 7-9, so I am pretty pleased as to how the season panned out.
I see nothing but good things for this team in the next couple seasons, providing they have the sense to make a few tough decisions.

Michael82
01-08-2005, 11:39 AM
:rofl:

I predicted 7-9, so I am pretty pleased as to how the season panned out.
I see nothing but good things for this team in the next couple seasons, providing they have the sense to make a few tough decisions.
Nooo...not you too??? :mad:

Join the DLC! You know you wanna. :snicker:

Historian
01-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Join the DLC! You know you wanna. :snicker:

I got a 250 dollar authentic jersey I'll sell you....lol.

Michael82
01-08-2005, 12:14 PM
I got a 250 dollar authentic jersey I'll sell you....lol.
A Bledsoe one? If it's 2x or 3x....I bet we could make a deal. :up: